+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****JULY 2018***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

Getdahorns

Dec 11, 2018
My application got rejected today because they said my sponsor isn't eligible on the grounds she's on social assistance. She was on social assistance for a disability, but ODSP was denied. She ended up getting a job a few weeks ago and we updated our application to reflect that, and that's when the denial came through. Should we appeal it or just resubmit? I was awaiting a BGC when the denial came through.

tona

Dec 2, 2018
My application got rejected today because they said my sponsor isn't eligible on the grounds she's on social assistance. She was on social assistance for a disability, but ODSP was denied. She ended up getting a job a few weeks ago and we updated our application to reflect that, and that's when the denial came through. Should we appeal it or just resubmit? I was awaiting a BGC when the denial came through.
re-apply is the best option because the appeal could take years and i will advice your sponsor to stay out of social assistance for now. wish you best of luck and sorry for the news.

bago4c

Aug 23, 2017
Sorry about the news. I suggest you get a lawyer to help out this time. I'm curious: were you the one that decided to send information about her getting a job or did they request for it. From your timeline, it would seem sponsor was already approved and the document you submitted (which they did not request) triggered a review. Is this correct?

Getdahorns

Dec 11, 2018
re-apply is the best option because the appeal could take years and i will advice your sponsor to stay out of social assistance for now. wish you best of luck and sorry for the news.
We called CIC to explain what has happened and they advised us to appeal. She was on social assistance for a disability, but I think there was a clerical error somewhere.

Sorry about the news. I suggest you get a lawyer to help out this time. I'm curious: were you the one that decided to send information about her getting a job or did they request for it. From your timeline, it would seem sponsor was already approved and the document you submitted (which they did not request) triggered a review. Is this correct?
We decided to submit it because even though I've done the medical and such, we never got a sponsorship approval letter or email. PA (me) being from the USA, they said the government shutdown halted a lot of stuff.

sakshi sood

Sep 10, 2018
Hello Friends !!
yesterday we received pre arrival message in GCKey. But no any status changes are there on Ecas and GCKey account. Can anybody please tell what does it mean and what next now?

Thankyou...

bago4c

Aug 23, 2017
Hello Friends !!
yesterday we received pre arrival message in GCKey. But no any status changes are there on Ecas and GCKey account. Can anybody please tell what does it mean and what next now?

Thankyou...
That's normal. You get prearrival first and then background check and then PPR. You're on track

Reactions: sakshi sood

shafeeq87

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
My BG
That's normal. You get prearrival first and then background check and then PPR. You're on track
My BGC started 3 months prior to pre arrival message. When I checked GCMS note only security check is not started. Criminality check passed.

Last edited:
Reactions: sakshi sood

shafeeq87

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
Do
dont reapply again. It’s more complicated and possibility of rejection is higher. I would recommend go for appeal. It might take time but no need to worry about next rejection.

Last edited:

momo2018

Jan 8, 2018
What a lawyer can do? nothing to help with rejected app. All they can do is help with an appeal which is a long and very expensive process. If the reason for the rejection was fixed by getting a job and off the social assistance I would just resubmit, add a letter explaining that she is now working, and maybe statement from the bank if you have some money. add of course letter from the employer showing its a permanent job and if possible explain why she got the social assistance and that shes over it. The IRCC mention that disability is not a reason for rejection of the app so i guess they are just concern that she wont be able to support you so if you can show she working and that you have some extra money I think it should be fine.

s_n _10

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Got a request to provide additional marriage photos. We will courier it tomorrow morning. Hopefully this does not delay our process :(