****JULY 2018***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
It was in returned in post. whenever I called them they said id receive the aor soon, but I guess they lied lol. Yes I will try and do that. thank you! I dont know why they gave me a UCI number and a file number as well
If U got UCI and file number you are NOT 4 months behind all. It is a good sign

Zahdab

Nov 30, 2018
I was finally able to get hold of someone on the phone and man .... even though my canadapost tracking shows the application was received on august 27th they claim that they actually received it on October 27th!! i duno how they can do that ... so it sat there for 2 months and they post dated the receipt time !!!
my concern now is if any form has changed since i applied and the time they claim to have received it.

CanadianGirl1993

Jul 9, 2018
I was finally able to get hold of someone on the phone and man .... even though my canadapost tracking shows the application was received on august 27th they claim that they actually received it on October 27th!! i duno how they can do that ... so it sat there for 2 months and they post dated the receipt time !!!
my concern now is if any form has changed since i applied and the time they claim to have received it.
You would have written the date on the forms on some papers of when you filled the application out, so if a form has changed since then I think you'll be fine since they will see that you filled the forms out when they were current. Everyone is aware of the canadapostal strike so I think the immigration will know there are a few late arrivers from when people actually applied.

With that being said, your time of how long the application takes isn't from the time you fill the application out, it's from the time they recieve the application, so your time would start October 27th basically. I know it sucks :(

CanadianGirl1993

Jul 9, 2018
I sent in my passport information for the final stage a week ago, and haven't heard anything? Does anyone know how long this stage takes. We're just waiting on the final PR confirmation and sent in our passport copy.

Zahdab

Nov 30, 2018
You would have written the date on the forms on some papers of when you filled the application out, so if a form has changed since then I think you'll be fine since they will see that you filled the forms out when they were current. Everyone is aware of the canadapostal strike so I think the immigration will know there are a few late arrivers from when people actually applied.

With that being said, your time of how long the application takes isn't from the time you fill the application out, it's from the time they recieve the application, so your time would start October 27th basically. I know it sucks :(
Canadapost shows the application was actually delivered on august 27th .... for some reason the CIC has it marked as October 27th ... i think it's been waiting with the wrong pile ever since then.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Yeah, It doesn't matter when it arrived really. It matters when they actually start your application. So your application could be sitting in the pile for 6 months but had not started yet. Your 'time frame' will start the moment they say the application has been recieved and started to look into.
This is incorrect. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=068&top=3

How are processing times calculated?
A processing time starts the day we receive a complete application and ends when we make a decision. If you apply by mail, the time starts when your application arrives in our mailroom. If you apply online or in-person, it starts when you submit your application.

Rcallan

Jul 2, 2018
Hello All,

My timeline so far:

Application Submitted: July 23
AOR: Nov 21
SA: Nov 28
Application forwarded to Singapore office: Dec 4

Could someone tell me what happens next? Will the Singapore office make a request for medicals, as they have not been requested yet?

Thank you!

Reactions: Olaniyi_609

CanadianGirl1993

Jul 9, 2018
This is incorrect. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=068&top=3

How are processing times calculated?
A processing time starts the day we receive a complete application and ends when we make a decision. If you apply by mail, the time starts when your application arrives in our mailroom. If you apply online or in-person, it starts when you submit your application.

So even if CIC marks them as receiving the package a different day it was actually recieved, time is calculated by the Canada Post tracking and not when CiC marks it as recieved?

Reactions: sanacanpak

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
So even if CIC marks them as receiving the package a different day it was actually recieved, time is calculated by the Canada Post tracking and not when CiC marks it as recieved?
It when they mark it received in their mailroom which is not the same as when someone opens it to start processing.

Ahmed15

Jul 7, 2015
Canada
I think you are thinking bit too much about this. When your package gets delivered to Mississauga or Sydney, your time starts from that date. SIMPLE!

Ahmed15

Jul 7, 2015
Canada
Yeah, It doesn't matter when it arrived really. It matters when they actually start your application. So your application could be sitting in the pile for 6 months but had not started yet. Your 'time frame' will start the moment they say the application has been recieved and started to look into.
Highly incorrect. Please study and have knowledge before you post about something. It misleads people

Reactions: sanacanpak