****JULY 2018***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hello! I received a police check request by eMail on 31/10, but didn’t received any original letter by mail to Hong Kong up to today (over 2 weeks), anyone got the same situation? Thanks for your sharing!
RAYMOND this time--please avoid DOUBLE or multi-posting of the same question as you did in the past [they don't like it], POLICE check is done at 2 stages;- 1st for the Sponsor, so they give em an OK called SA. 2nd is for the Applicant. But not clear why they ask PCC which is asked up front these days! If you applied on 11/7 as I saw = 11th of July why the PCC was not submitted upfront! BUT hang on ; I have seen HONG Kong applicants in past ;they were asked PCC from Sponsor at the 11th hour ! Which should have done at the SA time at the beginning.

Navjass

Nov 14, 2018
Hello

I got a request from CIC for additional document request and requesting the marriage picture. The message is below :

"Client Information: Please provide photographs of all wedding, customary celebrations. (maximum 20 photographs from different times and places)and also communication details (whatsapp, Facebook & other social site, phone bills). Please write your name and date of birth on the back of each photo and provide a brief description of the context on the back of each photograph; (do not provide CD, DVD, USB keys)."

I am confused as I have already send them the 20 picture with my package. SO, should I send the exact same pictures or some new pictures ?

Monie

Star Member
Sep 22, 2018
RAYMOND this time--please avoid DOUBLE or multi-posting of the same question as you did in the past [they don't like it], POLICE check is done at 2 stages;- 1st for the Sponsor, so they give em an OK called SA. 2nd is for the Applicant. But not clear why they ask PCC which is asked up front these days! If you applied on 11/7 as I saw = 11th of July why the PCC was not submitted upfront! BUT hang on ; I have seen HONG Kong applicants in past ;they were asked PCC from Sponsor at the 11th hour ! Which should have done at the SA time at the beginning.
No. Applicants from Hong Kong does not have to submit PCC upfront. CIC needs to issue a letter to the applicant which then they can go to the Hong Kong Police Headquarters in Wanchai to get the Police Certificate and then they will send directly to CIC on behalf of the applicant.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
No. Applicants from Hong Kong does not have to submit PCC upfront. CIC needs to issue a letter to the applicant which then they can go to the Hong Kong Police Headquarters in Wanchai to get the Police Certificate and then they will send directly to CIC on behalf of the applicant.
OK I am not so aware of HONG KONG procedures may wait for an expert advice or talk to a Lawyer

Edd_87

Oct 18, 2018
Anyone here familiar with police clearance process in Colombia.
We have already contacted and paid G4S (one of the 2 companies that is recognized by IRCC for this process here) We won't ever receive or see these papers as they are sent to the Canadian Embassy in Bogota directly. But no confirmation of nothing since 2 last week.
Hey Guillermo... It´s true, you don´t get any kind of response for PCC confirmation with those 2 companies in Colombia... However, the process usually is really fast (you pay and 5 days later they will send your PCC directly to the embassy in Bogota)... If you really want to know about your PCC, just write an email to Bogota-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca asking them about it, give them your UCI and Profile Number so they can answer you faster (I did it, asked for my PCC with G4S on 28/08/18, sent email to embassy on 05/09/18 and got confirmation from embassy about they already got it on 07/09/18)

Hope this helps a little, it´s not that easy to get information about Bogota´s office processes.

Reactions: GuillermoQC

Rcallan

Jul 2, 2018
Good Afternoon,

I have received an email asking to submit a criminal background check within the next 60 days. I submitted the criminal background check with the application, so I am a bit confused. Should I submit the same one?
Thank you for the help!

Synoptic

Jan 20, 2018
Good Afternoon,

I have received an email asking to submit a criminal background check within the next 60 days. I submitted the criminal background check with the application, so I am a bit confused. Should I submit the same one?
Thank you for the help!
Do you mean the police certificate? You either have an expired police certificate or you're missing another police certificate from other countries where you lived for 6 months or more. Please read the email that they sent you for the details of what exactly they want.

Rcallan

Jul 2, 2018
Do you mean the police certificate? You either have an expired police certificate or you're missing another police certificate from other countries where you lived for 6 months or more. Please read the email that they sent you for the details of what exactly they want.
Thanks for the reply, they are asking for a police certificate from Malaysia. The one I submitted with the application was dated July 18, 2018. My application was submitted July 23rd, 2018.

Monie

Star Member
Sep 22, 2018
Hello! I received a police check request by eMail on 31/10, but didn’t received any original letter by mail to Hong Kong up to today (over 2 weeks), anyone got the same situation? Thanks for your sharing!
Hi Raymond,

I am wondering is it because of the Canada Post rotating strike that is causing delay in mail delivery. Also mail from Hong Kong to Canada takes about 2 to 3 weeks. In case you still do not receive it and you are near the deadline, suggest you contact CIC about this and hope they can extend the deadline if you needed the original letter.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/hong-kong.html

Hope you will get the mail soon!

Last edited:

Synoptic

Jan 20, 2018
Thanks for the reply, they are asking for a police certificate from Malaysia. The one I submitted with the application was dated July 18, 2018. My application was submitted July 23rd, 2018.
No worries. Just double check everything that they're requesting, and you can either tell them that you already have included it or re-send it. I think it's safer to just send a new one.

Raymond Leung

May 15, 2018
Hi Raymond,

I am wondering is it because of the Canada Post rotating strike that is causing delay in mail delivery. Also mail from Hong Kong to Canada takes about 2 to 3 weeks. In case you still do not receive it and you are near the deadline, suggest you contact CIC about this and hope they can extend the deadline if you needed the original letter.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/hong-kong.html

Hope you will get the mail soon!
Thank you for you kindly help!!