+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****JULY 2018***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

Adam1009

Star Member
Aug 2, 2018
Cest une solution d Apple mon député immigration pour savoir de nouvelles de mon dossier !!!
17juillet est rien encore.

PathFinder777

Star Member
Apr 12, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
NDVO
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
30-03-2015/3rd line update on: 08-04-2015
Application received on July 16th at Sydney office. I called today to check the status as there is no AOR or update till now. All these times I was assuming that they are processing the application. However, The answer was the process is not started yet. So I requested to send a note to the officer and I got my temp application number. Holding the passion and waiting to hear some updates soon.

dmadhusudan1

Nov 2, 2018
Hello Guys,

I was a silent observer of this forum until now. I thought I should post my timeline here so that I can get more info from the experienced member, and the people who are waiting can compare their situation.

My spouse is from India.

Application received------------------------------>Thursday, July 19, 2018
The process started------------------------------->Saturday, September 29, 2018
AOR1-------------------------------------------------->Wednesday, October 03, 2018
Sponsor Approval----------------------------------->Wednesday, October 03, 2018
Medical Request------------------------------------->Thursday, October 04, 2018
File Transferred to CPC Mississauga----------->Friday, October 12, 2018
Medical Done----------------------------------------->Monday, October 15, 2018
Medical Received Status on ECAS------------->Saturday, October 20, 2018
Days elapsed 106

Notes:
1. I didn't get any word from CIC whatsoever until Oct 2, 2018. So, my wife asked me to phone them. A very polite agent answered my call, and she confirmed that my file was due for sending out initial response. That's how I got my first AOR and everything followed after.

2. I was not able to link my application to GCKey, so I contacted the CIC through Webform for case-specific inquiries on Oct 12, 2018. I got their response back on Oct 16, 2018. (Meanwhile waiting for their response I tried numerous methods to link the app, and I came to know that the number of Applicants was wrong. I was supposed to put 2. I linked the app on Oct 14, 2018)

3. I asked my wife to scan a medical test receipt from the doctor and forward to me. I submitted the same via Case Specific inquiry Web form On Oct 16th, and I got a response from them on Oct 17 saying - " We have received your Medical Receipt and forwarded to the related department"

So, Moral of the story is that call the CIC agents for the first time until you have your AOR, and once you have App number don't bother calling them. Use webform instead with specific concerns. I hope that helps the people who are waiting.

Cheers!!

Last edited:

Cannysure

Apr 26, 2017
Couple of questions when filling in GCKey.

I have a daughter, but she is a Canadian Citizen, so not included in the application (although I had to send proof in the application). So do I put 2 or 3 as the number of applicants?

Also my full name is Henry Stanford Salmon, so for the given name do I put 'Henry' or 'Henry Stanford'?

I'm a July 19th app - and not heard anything yet, so probably wont work on GCKey yet, but worth a try I guess!

Thanks,
Henry
you put both your first name and middle name..Henry Stanford

PathFinder777

Star Member
Apr 12, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
NDVO
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
30-03-2015/3rd line update on: 08-04-2015
Hello Guys,

I was a silent observer of this forum until now. I thought I should post my timeline here so that I can get more info from the experienced member, and the people who are waiting can compare their situation.

My spouse is from India.

Application received------------------------------>Thursday, July 19, 2018
The process started------------------------------->Saturday, September 29, 2018
AOR1-------------------------------------------------->Wednesday, October 03, 2018
Sponsor Approval----------------------------------->Wednesday, October 03, 2018
Medical Request------------------------------------->Thursday, October 04, 2018
File Transferred to CPC Mississauga----------->Friday, October 12, 2018
Medical Done----------------------------------------->Monday, October 15, 2018
Medical Received Status on ECAS------------->Saturday, October 20, 2018
Days elapsed 106

Notes:
I didn't get any word from CIC whatsoever until Oct 2, 2018. So, my wife asked me to phone them. A very polite agent answered my call, and she confirmed that my file was due for sending out initial response. That's how I got my first AOR and everything followed after. I hope that helps the people who are waiting.

Cheers!!
Congrats on your progress! Your post is really informative!. When I called the CIC during September I heard the eligibility check is in progress. I felt happy and didn't bother to check again. Today heard the process is yet to start! it was heart attack!! :( I would strongly recommend everyone who haven't received any updates yet, Please call the CIC and find out where exactly your application is. Thank you.

dmadhusudan1

Nov 2, 2018
Congrats on your progress! Your post is really informative!. When I called the CIC during September I heard the eligibility check is in progress. I felt happy and didn't bother to check again. Today heard the process is yet to start! it was heart attack!! :( I would strongly recommend everyone who haven't received any updates yet, Please call the CIC and find out where exactly your application is. Thank you.
Thanks. I have updated my post after reading through your frustration. Please have a look, as I have updated a couple of scenarios that happened in my case. That will help you understand your situation.

Reactions: PathFinder777

sibnadian

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks. I have updated my post after reading through your frustration. Please have a look, as I have updated a couple of scenarios that happened in my case. That will help you understand your situation.
When you say the number of family members were not right, did you mean that you needed to enter 2 for sponsor and applicant?

boomshanker

Oct 17, 2016
Hi Friends,

Could you please let me know, who would receive the PPR email is it the person who acts like representative (in my case its me Sponsor) or the PA?

Thanks in Advance!!

Gurubharran

Jan 14, 2015
Thanks Guru!! I was thinking that the representative or sponsor would receive the PPR email. I will let my wife(PA) to start checking the email inbox.

Cheers!!
since its being processed in CPC-M, i would advice you to check her email box. It will be sent out during Canada Time. You can start checking once your background check goes in progress :)

Reactions: boomshanker

boomshanker

Oct 17, 2016
since its being processed in CPC-M, i would advice you to check her email box. It will be sent out during Canada Time. You can start checking once your background check goes in progress :)
Thanks. Sure, will let her know. Also, my background check has not yet started. But, i see they have started working on the applications that were transferred to CPC-M on Oct 9.