+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****JULY 2018***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

cbliss

Aug 28, 2018
Hi there,

No you don't have to send police certificate - only the applicant :)

I'm in the same position - my wife is a Canadian citizen and we both live in the UK - just had to provide lots of proof that we will be moving to Canada if and when I get my permanent reisdence!

Hope that helps,
Henry
Hi Henry,

Thank you so much for your reply, it really helped!! Ah yes the proof of moving to Canada !! I wrote a couple page document outlining where we would be living, research on housing, waiting lists for housing, family ties, potential jobs, job interviews, email correspondence between us and family about moving to Canada, funds for settling, email correspondence showing us in communication with an animal shipping company for our dogs to be relocated from UK to Vancouver etc etc etc! It was one of the hardest parts of our application I found. I was uncertain how to *prove* our intent to do something since we couldnt do too many concrete things yet to go there especially since the timeline is so up in the air!

cbliss

Aug 28, 2018
Hey all,

Just to say that I rang the International number for CIC yesterday and after a 30 minute hold, I got through to someone, who was very helpful and confirmed they have received my application and it is is the queue to be processed. She then said that she had put a note on the file for my application to tell the immigration officers to start processing asap, and that I had called for an update (good to know they take the phone calls seriously!). I am a July 17th Applicant - with no AOR yet. But all those that are worrying, try not to panic, they are doing things behind the scenes, just a lot of applications to process at the moment.

I will let you know when I get my AOR!

Cheers,
Henry
Hey again Henry !

You actually got through!! Ive been trying and trying through the international number but I could never get past the automated system to actually speak to someone! It kept asking me to input my file number, which I dont have yet because I havnet recieved an AOR. I am July 19th applicant . Would you mind sharing what options you chose to get through the automated system to actually speak to someone!?

hstanfordsalmon

Sep 11, 2018
Hey again Henry !

You actually got through!! Ive been trying and trying through the international number but I could never get past the automated system to actually speak to someone! It kept asking me to input my file number, which I dont have yet because I havnet recieved an AOR. I am July 19th applicant . Would you mind sharing what options you chose to get through the automated system to actually speak to someone!?
When you are prompted to select an option, don't select option 1 about the progress of your application - select option 2 about 'more information on sponsorship', eventually it will get to a choice where you can press 0 to speak to a member of the team. I rang a few times before and no-one was available, and it just told me to hang up, but then I tried at about 5pm English time and finally got on to the hold system where it said 31 minutes (actually ended up being about 45 minutes), but when through the person on the other end was actually helpful amazingly!

Give it a try, let me know how you get on! :)

Henry

Reactions: cbliss

Olaniyi_609

Sep 25, 2018
I wish everyone the very best. I'm currently in Japan and being sponsored by my Canadian wife (between, we just got our first child 2 weeks ago in Toronto). I submitted my application at first in May but the file was returned due to lack of financial explanation and separated details of my family members. We have since resubmitted the app docs and it was delivered on the 23rd July but up until now, I haven't heard a word!!

It's really exhausting...are there people with similar experience???

boomshanker

Oct 17, 2016
qq please - is there a specific day of the week AOR1 are sent to the applicants or its random. ?

as far as i remember, last time when i applied for PR inland the PPR emails were sent on specific day.

thanks in advance.

Cheers!!

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
is there a specific day of the week AOR1
Usually they do system MTC. once a week in early mornings. What I heard is that's the time when they upload all infos they can. Last system MTC was Tuesday early morning, I can see that NOTE disappeared rt now so checking after this makes sense. They leave a NOTE on the GCKEY site.

Reactions: boomshanker

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Congratulations.

I resubmitted my application (and received on July 23rd) but I'm yet to receive any notification from the Sydney office. I hope I will very soon. It has been such a long wait.
We all know Sydney Outland applicants are not getting any recent AORs or file no. Even if takes 3 to 4 months I won't be mad as there are ppl who are waiting to hear anything at all over 100 + days. I am sorry about them but as per seniors; they say; don't worry of AORs your total time would stay under 12 months,againn it depends on case to case. Some guys got all updates all of a sudden including AOR, Med

Reactions: Olaniyi_609

boomshanker

Oct 17, 2016
Usually they do system MTC. once a week in early mornings. What I heard is that's the time when they upload all infos they can. Last system MTC was Tuesday early morning, I can see that NOTE disappeared rt now so checking after this makes sense. They leave a NOTE on the GCKEY site.
Thanks for the info.