+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****JULY 2018***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

s_n _10

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
I hope so! It's been way too long, today is 13 months. Lol, I'm tryna start a family here and this is slowing me down!
Ah I hear you. Mentally this waiting game gets to us, I have been there. From my experience when my husband sent the web inquiry on the 1 year mark, they went silent for 13 days. Then everything happened in 2 days.
That's why I'm saying don't worry about BGC etc. My husbands online account has not been updated since March 2019 and he received his passport back already.
Hang tight :)

Reactions: Wnasir9

MrIncredible

Jan 28, 2019
Guyana
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Trinidad VO
App. Filed.......
30-07-2018
Doc's Request.
26-11-2018
AOR Received.
21-11-2018
File Transfer...
17-05-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
05-03-2019
Interview........
10-03-2020
Hi Everyone,

I’m a July 30, 2018 applicant. My application was transferred from Sydney to Mexico on May 17. I sent an email on July 2 to Mexico requesting for a update, and their response was it’s still “in-transit”.

How long does it normally take for Mexico to receive the application for processing? Did it take this long for most of you?

My year is up and it’s pass two months(soon 3 months) since nothing from Mexico.

Thanks.

gimo98

Oct 7, 2018
The latest email I got from my visa office. July 6 2018 Aplication 13 month plus ..

Good day,

Your application is in a queue for review by an officer. We are unable to provide you with an answer, as to how long the application will still be in process. You will be contacted as soon as the application and documents have been reviewed.

Regards.

That is the latest borrowing message I get from them , anyone on the same page like me ?

Netraam

Oct 14, 2017
The latest email I got from my visa office. July 6 2018 Aplication 13 month plus ..

Good day,

Your application is in a queue for review by an officer. We are unable to provide you with an answer, as to how long the application will still be in process. You will be contacted as soon as the application and documents have been reviewed.

Regards.

That is the latest borrowing message I get from them , anyone on the same page like me ?
I am an August applicant, but got more or less the same message from them. Is your application straightforward? I have quite an extensive travel history that may raise some red flags... Good luck!

lion.com

Jul 16, 2019
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
File Transfer...
04-07-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-02-2019
Passport Req..
17-10-2019
Hi Everyone,

I’m a July 30, 2018 applicant. My application was transferred from Sydney to Mexico on May 17. I sent an email on July 2 to Mexico requesting for a update, and their response was it’s still “in-transit”.

How long does it normally take for Mexico to receive the application for processing? Did it take this long for most of you?

My year is up and it’s pass two months(soon 3 months) since nothing from Mexico.

Thanks.
Oh wow, maybe it is some mistake? I can’t believe it is possible to be like a year in Sydney... you should request your gcms notes. Sometimes call center don’t know where your file is and mistakenly tell you wrong place...
Since it’s over 12 months best and fastest option to find out what is going on is connect to your MP.

lion.com

Jul 16, 2019
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
File Transfer...
04-07-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-02-2019
Passport Req..
17-10-2019
I am an August applicant, but got more or less the same message from them. Is your application straightforward? I have quite an extensive travel history that may raise some red flags... Good luck!
Maybe they send it to everyone? It’s probably normal to review whole application especially since you submitted additional docs....?? Not sure... but I wait for good news on your side))) will mean my good news may come after you... did you contact mp?

Reactions: Netraam

Netraam

Oct 14, 2017
Maybe they send it to everyone? It’s probably normal to review whole application especially since you submitted additional docs....?? Not sure... but I wait for good news on your side))) will mean my good news may come after you... did you contact mp?
Thanks! Yes, I guess it's a pretty generic reply. I still hope to receive good news any day now. I didn't contact mp, don't really know who to reach out to actually. My wife left Canada some 6 yrs ago and doesn't have any address where she's registered or such. Would we contact mp of place we intend to move to?

lion.com

Jul 16, 2019
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
File Transfer...
04-07-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-02-2019
Passport Req..
17-10-2019
Thanks! Yes, I guess it's a pretty generic reply. I still hope to receive good news any day now. I didn't contact mp, don't really know who to reach out to actually. My wife left Canada some 6 yrs ago and doesn't have any address where she's registered or such. Would we contact mp of place we intend to move to?
I think so too... not sure about mp, I would contact one and see maybe if wrong one, can refer to the one in her area.:)

Eida

Star Member
Dec 18, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Cairo VO
Doc's Request.
10-10-2018
AOR Received.
03-07-2018
Med's Request
13-12-2018
Med's Done....
17-12-2018
Hi Friends,
I forward to you the message(Email) I have received from my MP. Please read it and advise.

Hi Eric,
Please see the response below from IRCC:
We are pleased to provide you with the following details for your constituent about the status of an application to sponsor a spouse living outside Canada:
· The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney (CPC-S), Nova Scotia, on July 26, 2018.
· The initial assessment to ensure the sponsor meets all the sponsorship requirements was finalized on November 19, 2018.
· The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if the sponsored person (the applicant) meets the eligibility requirements.

o the assessment for the applicant is still in process at the Canadian visa office in Dar es Salaam.

· The medical examination results have expired for the applicant(s).
· The criminality verifications have not been initiated.
· The security verifications have not been initiated.
· As per our current processing times, most applications in this category are processed in a timeframe of 12 months.Various factors can affect the time it takes to process an application. Rest assured that all efforts are being made to ensure efficient processing of the application.
· If the application is approved:

o the applicant will need to send their passport to the Canadian visa office, and

o the officer will affix a visa (if applicable) in the applicant’s passport and will issue the confirmation of permanent residence document which the applicant will present at the port of entry in order to be granted the status of permanent resident of Canada.

· If the application is refused:

o the officer will send the applicant a refusal letter,

o a copy of the refusal letter will also be sent to the sponsor including:

§ a letter explaining appeal rights,

§ a Notice of Appeal, and

§ instructions to obtain a refund of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee, if it was already paid.
Hello, would you tell me please how did you contact your MP? (I've seen many ppl talking about that, but have no idea on how to contact them)

s_n _10

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Hello, would you tell me please how did you contact your MP? (I've seen many ppl talking about that, but have no idea on how to contact them)
@Eida, whichever province the Sponsor is living you can contact them. Their office will give you a form to fill out and they will get updates on behalf of you. Sometimes it is really beneficial is MP is following up which will help speed up thing. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Eida

Netraam

Oct 14, 2017
@Eida, whichever province the Sponsor is living you can contact them. Their office will give you a form to fill out and they will get updates on behalf of you. Sometimes it is really beneficial is MP is following up which will help speed up thing. Hope this helps.
Following this : ) I am also considering contacting a mp, but since my wife (the sponsor) hasn't lived in Canada for 6 years, who do I turn to? The mp of the region we intend to move to?

s_n _10

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
B.C. (my wife is originally from Quesnel, we want to move to Nelson)
For Nelson, it states Stetski Wayne as the local MP. Email is waynestetski.ndp.ca.
I would say this email them as a starting point to get proper direction. Their office should send you a form requesting your file information.
Hope this helps.