+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*******July 2018******* Inland Spousal Sponsorship

Sid01

Mar 1, 2019
Hi can anyone help .. I am July applicant .. I got DM For SA on February 28 2019 .. and got another letter saying my case has been transferred to Etobicoke office from Mississauga For further assessment .. what is that mean because I was expecting AIP after sponser approved .. can anyone answer how long will this take

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Hi can anyone help .. I am July applicant .. I got DM For SA on February 28 2019 .. and got another letter saying my case has been transferred to Etobicoke office from Mississauga For further assessment .. what is that mean because I was expecting AIP after sponser approved .. can anyone answer how long will this take
That isn't a good sign, they are probably going to request a relationship interview( it's not a landing interview) because they are doubting the genuinity of the relationship between you and your partner, they usually interview PA and sponsor separately
Based on the outcome of that interview they will decide if they'll give AIP or refuse the application
Expect delays

Baebline

Jan 16, 2018
Yeahhhh! we got our landing appt. for March 21 @ Etobicoke office. Just now, my husband received letter. All the best everyone, i wish you get yours soon. :)
Congrats! I'm hoping to hear something today since we pretty much have the exact same timeline!!

Reactions: KBsandhu

Sid01

Mar 1, 2019
That isn't a good sign, they are probably going to request a relationship interview( it's not a landing interview) because they are doubting the genuinity of the relationship between you and your partner, they usually interview PA and sponsor separately
Based on the outcome of that interview they will decide if they'll give AIP or refuse the application
Expect delays
Thanks .. I spoke to my representative and according to them all inland application goes through this .. I am not sure and we have kid too and house on our names bank accounts and all the bills .. what more proof they need . Really confused

richardaha

Mar 1, 2019
Thanks .. I spoke to my representative and according to them all inland application goes through this .. I am not sure and we have kid too and house on our names bank accounts and all the bills .. what more proof they need . Really confused
What exactly did it say in the email that notified your file has been transferred to Etobicoke? It is true that all of our application will be transferred to etobicoke regardless but in the email we received it didn't say "for further assessment" but for the finalization of our application. Thats the key.

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
That's not true, not all inland applicants go through this, as you can see most people here didn't get that relationship interview and got AIP and landing interview instead, the only people that go through this are the ones who CIC doubts their relationship
Has the PA been out of status ? Did the PA apply before for PR in Canada or any work/student permit/refugee and got refused? Any red flags in your application? Red flags lets them doubt the relationship and ask for a relationship interview
Having a kid doesn't mean its a genuine relationship to them, some desperate people who want to stay in Canada get kids because they think they are guaranteed PR that way

Reactions: KBsandhu

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
What exactly did it say in the email that notified your file has been transferred to Etobicoke? It is true that all of our application will be transferred to etobicoke regardless but in the email we received it didn't say "for further assessment" but for the finalization of our application. Thats the key.
Further assessment means they doubt the relationship and they transfered it to a local office for further investigation

Sid01

Mar 1, 2019
That's not true, not all inland applicants go through this, as you can see most people here didn't get that relationship interview and got AIP and landing interview instead, the only people that go through this are the ones who CIC doubts their relationship
Has the PA been out of status ? Did the PA apply before for PR in Canada or any work/student permit/refugee and got refused? Any red flags in your application? Red flags lets them doubt the relationship and ask for a relationship interview
Having a kid doesn't mean its a genuine relationship to them, some desperate people who want to stay in Canada get kids because they think they are guaranteed PR that way
Ok thanks again .. it could be out of status reason too .. everything else is ok .. my concern is how much delay .. is it still will be under one year timeline or more .. thanks again

Reactions: Geno.uss