Police check sent upfront
Cic received..july 5
AOR.. August 11
Med request..oct 24
Med passed on Ecas.. nov 10
Nothing until last week, ecas shows this on PA side for PR: "in process"
We started processing your application feb 6 2019
And sponsor side has "in process".
We started processing your application aug 10 2018.

My question is, does anyone know why the processing dates are different on both sides?
I am sort of confused

andrewhao

Nov 1, 2018
I checked ECAS for my husband (sponsor) today and it shows DM on both sides. I also got a notice today for an "Invitation to Pre-Arrival Services" (which I have no idea what that means). Not sure what that means in terms of the upcoming timeline, but here's my past timeline so far:

Application received in Mississauga July 3rd - 2018
AOR 1 August 9
Linked PR application August 23
Linked OWP application August 24
OWP approved September 25
OWP received October 1
Medical Exam Requested October 23
Fingerprints Requested October 29
Medical Exam Completed November 22
Fingerprints Taken November 19
Medical Exam Passed November 30
Decision Made (both) - on ECAS February 20 - 2019
Invitation to Pre-Arrival Services
I have a similar timeline with you. July 3app. I got AIP yesterday,decision made on sponsor side only today. No SP, no DM for applicant.

Did you get AIP?

Sunny@dawn

Feb 19, 2019
I have a similar timeline with you. July 3app. I got AIP yesterday,decision made on sponsor side only today. No SP, no DM for applicant.

Did you get AIP?
Congrats!
I did not get AIP yet
Did you have both sides in process until today?
What about the processing dates on both sides, are the the same? (Ecas)

andrei0917

Star Member
Oct 6, 2017
UPDATE: Called IRCC since they used our old address on the AIP letter and she said everything is good and our application is approved! She even congratulated me and I should receive a letter regarding an appointment for a landing interview!
UPDATE:
Checked eCas and DM on both sides. However, online account remains the same:
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made

What to expect next?

Last edited:

mel406

Star Member
Jan 9, 2018

Did you get AIP?
No, and I'm wondering what that looks like. A status update/letter/message?

Sunny@dawn

Feb 19, 2019
Hi
ecas shows this on PA side for PR: "in process" We started processing your application feb 6 2019
And sponsor side also has "in process". We started processing your application aug 10 2018.

My question is, does anyone know why the processing dates are different on both sides? I am sort of confused

mel406

Star Member
Jan 9, 2018
Hi
ecas shows this on PA side for PR: "in process" We started processing your application feb 6 2019
And sponsor side also has "in process". We started processing your application aug 10 2018.

My question is, does anyone know why the processing dates are different on both sides? I am sort of confused
I'd imagine that they probably want to process the sponsor first because if they don't approve the sponsor, the application for the PA can't really go anywhere. But that's just my guess.

melito

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
09-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2018
LANDED..........
17-05-2018
Hi

The August 10th processing date has to do with your AOR. It should be the same day that you got the AOR or different by around 1 or 2 days. The processing date that you see on the PA side is meaningful in the sense that it usually means your application is in the final stages of processing (from what I have seen from other people's applications). July applicants that have got AIP, SA and/or DM should see something similar in their eCAS.

wallbr

Star Member
May 7, 2018
App. Filed.......
13-07-2018
AOR Received.
30-08-2018
I had a profile update on the cic website. The only thing that I noticed it was the they are reviewing the additional documents that I provided.
It’s funny because long time ago it said they would need additional documents to process my application, so I called immigration to ask what it was. They said it was a glitch in the system and they wouldn’t need the additional documents. Today it changed that they are reviewing the documents that I provided but I sent nothing lol

Reactions: melito

Sunny@dawn

Feb 19, 2019
The August 10th processing date has to do with your AOR. It should be the same day that you got the AOR or different by around 1 or 2 days. The processing date that you see on the PA side is meaningful in the sense that it usually means your application is in the final stages of processing (from what I have seen from other people's applications). July applicants that have got AIP, SA and/or DM should see something similar in their eCAS.
Ok thanks.
Was concerned Because i did not receive AIP even though th PA side started processing in Feb 2019

pavl

Aug 9, 2018
Today we got a ghost update, could someone share how long after this update takes to get something new? Thanks