+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*******July 2018******* Inland Spousal Sponsorship

BrasilCan

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
dhakz07: With such a complicated case, and with this much at stake, you should talk to an immigration lawyer.
Im impressed by how fast everything is moving on your timeline. Our app was received end of June, AOR August 3 and we just got our OWP October 4. Baring in mind we sent our app in in May and it was sent back for a missing signature so we we are already well into the 6 month mark here.

I am hoping we get request for medicals soon!!!

Reactions: started

izz07

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
Category........
FAM
App with OWP: july 17 AOR :aug 17 CSQ oct 4 mEd req oct 24 done by Oct 26

Amyroy, we have almost the same timeline!
Our OWP changed to "reviewing eligibility" as well last Saturday!
Keeping our fingers crossed!!!

Reactions: Amyroy

Amyroy

Star Member
Oct 2, 2018
Check it nooow!!! Ours just updated like just now! Ours was approved finally! I checked it 5:45pm est and no update but 6pm I checked again (because I have nothing to do haha) and saw it’s been approved!!!
I just check now and yes i got my OWP approved as well valid until nov 3 2020. Then what is the next step? Can we apply for health care and social security as well?

Amyroy

Star Member
Oct 2, 2018
App with OWP app july 17 aor aug 17 CSQ app sept 5 CSQ recieved in the mail oct 4 medical request oct 24 done it oct 26 unfortunately still do have an update from my medical they say they will send it a week after which is last week. Is it normal that its not updated yet on my cic?

US-CAN_Love

Oct 12, 2018
I just check now and yes i got my OWP approved as well valid until nov 3 2020. Then what is the next step? Can we apply for health care and social security as well?
Depends on the benefit and the province. For example, in and of itself, OWP does not make you eligible for provincial health insurance in Quebec (you'd also need a six-month full-time contract, and a CSQ). For some provinces (e.g. B.C.), it is apparently sufficient. What the OWP definitely lets you do is to get a Social Insurance Number from Service Canada, allowing you to work legally in Canada.

Reactions: started and Amyroy

Amyroy

Star Member
Oct 2, 2018
Depends on the benefit and the province. For example, in and of itself, OWP does not make you eligible for provincial health insurance in Quebec (you'd also need a six-month full-time contract, and a CSQ). For some provinces (e.g. B.C.), it is apparently sufficient. What the OWP definitely lets you do is to get a Social Insurance Number from Service Canada, allowing you to work legally in Canada.
Thank you