+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*******July 2018******* Inland Spousal Sponsorship

monkeys89

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
Perhaps someone else can better chime in on this. We sent our police certificate with our initial application. I would imagine that is the case, but don't know.
It depends on the country of application. Some you are required to submit with the application, other countries will not release the record check without a letter from CIC that you get while your application is processed, others CIC provides a form online you submit.

Baebline

Jan 16, 2018
Hello,

I am new here, my husband is Canadian and we applied for my sponsorship visa in July through an immigration lawyer. It is an inland application but we both reside in my country, his job allows him to work remotely and at least we can be together . The lawyer sent us an email on Nov 9th (4months later) that he received an acknowledgment letter for the opening of the file. Is that the same as the term AOR I have seen?

I want to apply for a visiting visa next year, to visit his family, what are the chances of me getting the visa or there is no point and its better to wait for the spousal visa answer?
What are the next steps after they view the file? Do they ask for more documents or we wait for an interview? since it is an inland application and we are in another country, will we have to travel to Canada for the interview then?
I'm confused... if you applied inland, you HAVE to stay INSIDE Canada. If both of you aren't living together in Canada then you are Outland.

I'd assume that they've at least accepted your application into processing since it has been at least 4 months, otherwise your application would have been sent back by now. So I would say that the letter they sent was indeed Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR)

You need to consult with your lawyer to find out more information on it though, since they are the only ones who will have access to it.

In regards to the visitor visa, it is best to wait until your PR process is done and over with so you won't have to bother with it. Most people that apply to visit while waiting for PR are denied anyway.

Then again, there is no harm in trying.

Not everyone needs to do an interview, and if one is requested it would be in the Principal Applicant's home country, not in Canada.

Since you have a lawyer handling your case, they'll be the ones updating you on what steps you need to do next.

Last edited:

monkeys89

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
I'm confused... if you applied inland, you HAVE to stay INSIDE Canada. If both of you aren't living together in Canada then you are Outland.

I'd assume that they've at least accepted your application into processing since it has been at least 4 months, otherwise your application would have been sent back by now. So I would say that the letter they sent was indeed Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR)

You need to consult with your lawyer to find out more information on it though, since they are the only ones who will have access to it.

In regards to the visitor visa, it is best to wait until your PR process is done and over with so you won't have to bother with it. Most people that apply to visit while waiting for PR are denied anyway.

Then again, there is no harm in trying.

Not everyone needs to do an interview, and if one is requested it would be in the Principal Applicant's home country, not in Canada.

Since you have a lawyer handling your case, they'll be the ones updating you on what steps you need to do next.
Agreed. If you've submitted an inland application but are not in Canada - and passport records will indicate this - you are not eligible for the in-Canada class. If you've submitted a Canadian address and said you live there while not living there, you may have other issues (misrepresentation for one) that will be relatively well discovered at the passport request stage when they observe that you do not have an entry into the country.

Chat with your lawyer. Something doesn't make sense here.

Amyroy

Star Member
Oct 2, 2018
Hi guys, i got an update with my application and it says that i need to get a PCC. got a correspondence instructing me to go there for a computer finger printing .. i thought they can only give PCC in canada if u stay here atleast 6 months, i am only on my 5th month staying in quebec.

Reactions: Lakasi

Lakasi

Aug 2, 2018
Hi guys, i got an update with my application and it says that i need to get a PCC. got a correspondence instructing me to go there for a computer finger printing .. i thought they can only give PCC in canada if u stay here atleast 6 months, i am only on my 5th month staying in quebec.
Whats did you apply for?

shahesam84

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
What is the next step after receiving CSQ approval letters? Should we send the to CPC-Mississauga or any other documents?

shahesam84

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
with work permit ? please can you share your timelines of application with details?
Well, I checked the OWP box but I didn't attach the related form.

On Sep 11, we have submitted the documents to CPC. On Oct 4, we have received the letter to apply for CSQ. Today, we have received the CSQ.

Lakasi

Aug 2, 2018
I GOT AN EMAIL TODAY THAT MY OWP HAS BEEN APPROVED

Inland - PR and OWP
Application
Sent: July 30th
Application Received: July 31st
AOR: August 28th
OWP: November 14th email
OWP Received(Hard Copy): Not yet
Medical Request: NA

I never link my application online;

I would like to known whats that is mean Permit WP-EXT until Nov 2020.

It is possible for me to apply also for the study permit as I want to study too or I should wait my PR.

Thank you to help and advice the best way to approach.

Good luck Im sure your Work Permit is on the way.

Reactions: started

Lakasi

Aug 2, 2018
2 minutes ago New
I GOT AN EMAIL TODAY THAT MY OWP HAS BEEN APPROVED

Inland - PR and OWP
Application
Sent: July 30th
Application Received: July 31st
AOR: August 28th
OWP: November 14th email
OWP Received(Hard Copy): Not yet
Medical Request: NA

I never link my application online;

I would like to known whats that is mean Permit WP-EXT until Nov 2020.

It is possible for me to apply also for the study permit as I want to study too or I should wait my PR.

Thank you to help and advice the best way to approach.

Good luck Im sure your Work Permit is on the way.

Barb213

Nov 14, 2018
Agreed. If you've submitted an inland application but are not in Canada - and passport records will indicate this - you are not eligible for the in-Canada class. If you've submitted a Canadian address and said you live there while not living there, you may have other issues (misrepresentation for one) that will be relatively well discovered at the passport request stage when they observe that you do not have an entry into the country.

Chat with your lawyer. Something doesn't make sense here.
We indicated that we are living together in my country and not in Canada. The question would be can a lawyer in Canada apply for Outland from there? I just assumed it's in-land since all the documents were submitted in Canada.

Rahel1986

Jun 15, 2018
Hi, anyone has the idea, Inland applicant stay over 2 years in Canada needs the police certificate of Canada? or just need the one in home country?
I did RCMP police certificate of Canada as I stayed in Canada more then 6 months twice