+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2018 AOR - join here

neilottawa

Jul 11, 2010
Congratulations. If you don’t mind me asking, what are the next steps? As a UK passport holder you don’t need a visa to enter Canada, but do you still need to send your passport somewhere?
You just need to send in 2 photos, a signed Schedule A (a paper form that records height/eye colour/nationality of the applicant/dependants) and a photocopy of the bio-page of your passport. My instructions were sent from London Visa Office (it was on their headed notepaper), telling me to send it to CPC-Ottawa, but then giving me the High Commission address in London on the mailing instructions. LOL. I am just going to send everything to both places, email it and also try and upload it (which they have asked me to do as well despite not giving me the ability to do this on MyCIC!!

M_A

Oct 1, 2018
Outland
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
July 30,2018
Med's Done....
August 21,2018
Hi I cross my six months today and when I open my profile I saw application updated/ submitted , is this because I completed my six months or is it a ghost update , if any one can help me please
Yeah..this is a ghost update and a good sign

daisybell4

Jan 20, 2019
Can anyone please tell me how to find your the Visa office where your application is being processed?
I am not able to get through to the IRCC call center to know about this.
Is this case specific information available on the website or any other document provided during the time of ITA or any other place?

Hi
I had the same problem so I downloaded the "Google Hangouts" app as suggested by others and it worked! Free calls to Call centre. You cannot go wrong ;)
Also, I had raised a CSE to my local visa office asking about my application status and they replied letting me know that they did not have it and that my local visa office was Ottawa. They even said that they forwarded my request to them personally.
You could try either way :O

seabourne17

Star Member
Oct 3, 2018
Hi
I had the same problem so I downloaded the "Google Hangouts" app as suggested by others and it worked! Free calls to Call centre. You cannot go wrong ;)
Also, I had raised a CSE to my local visa office asking about my application status and they replied letting me know that they did not have it and that my local visa office was Ottawa. They even said that they forwarded my request to them personally.
You could try either way :O
So when u order cse, any feedbk from them

daisybell4

Jan 20, 2019
Just sharing my timeline with my fellow July peeps:

AOR- July 29th
IP1- Passed stage (not sure when)
IP2- Oct/Nov (because I only started checking in December)
Have taken no action until this week because I really assumed that my application was straightforward enough to finish within 6 months (ha..ha..ha..)
I also received absolutely NO feedback from CIC. No additional docs request etc..
Action taken:
Raised CSE to local visa office asking about my application as I was hesitant about downloading the Google Hangouts app but later changed my mind and downloaded and called the same day. Got through to an agent who said that my eligibility was under review, Criminality in progress and Security not started but other than that everything looks fine (sure....). He also confirmed that my Visa Office was Ottawa (Later still got a CSE reply saying that as well). Lastly, I ordered the GCMS notes on Tuesday to gain some clarity and a better timeline for how long this might REALISTICALLY take me T____T

-End of Update-
*All the best to everyone! *

Reactions: tobs

daisybell4

Jan 20, 2019
So when u order cse, any feedbk from them
Yup! Both Ottawa and my local one wrote back. Unfortunately, I got the infamous agent Matthew response from Ottawa: "We verified the information provided and can confirm that your application is still in progress blah blah blah." No answers to my questions about eligibility, security and criminality or application status. Thank god for agents whatever little they can do :p

seabourne17

Star Member
Oct 3, 2018
Same

AOR- July 29th
Have taken no action until this week because I really assumed that my application was straightforward enough to finish within 6 months (ha..ha..ha..)
I also received absolutely NO feedback from CIC. No additional docs request etc..
Action taken:
Raised CSE to local visa office asking about my application as I was hesitant about downloading the Google Hangouts app but later changed my mind and downloaded and called the same day. Got through to an agent who said that my eligibility was under review, Criminality in progress and Security not started but other than that everything looks fine (sure....). He also confirmed that my Visa Office was Ottawa (Later still got a CSE reply saying that as well). Lastly, I ordered the GCMS notes on Tuesday to gain some clarity and a better timeline for how long this might REALISTICALLY take me T____T

-End of Update-
Same here, but we cant assume at this stage, we get clear picture from gcms

seabourne17

Star Member
Oct 3, 2018
Yup! Both Ottawa and my local one wrote back. Unfortunately, I got the infamous agent Matthew response from Ottawa: "We verified the information provided and can confirm that your application is still in progress blah blah blah." No answers to my questions about eligibility, security and criminality or application status. Thank god for agents whatever little they can do :p
Hhh, better to order gcms and see whts happening with ur case

daisybell4

Jan 20, 2019
Same

Same here, but we cant assume at this stage, we get clear picture from gcms
I know right? The annoying thing is that I SAW when @tobs etc.. were ordering theirs back in Oct/Nov/Dec and STILL didn't order mine! All I can say is that I really didn't know whether to trust the forum at that time and honestly believed in the completeness of my application AND the belief that if the CIC had a problem, they would ASK for something or keep me in the loop (again ha..ha..HA!).
You live and you learn...

gauravahluwalia

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
Category........
FSW

AOR- July 29th
Action taken:

-End of Update-
When you say " eligibility under review" do you mean its not passed or does it mean its actually "review required" due to incomplete documents or something? Also I am guessing the agent said eligibility is still being reviewed right?
If I am not wrong, bgc usually starts if eligibility is either met or "recommended pass"

I have probably noticed something the call centre agents do: if you first tell them something like "hey my application online is showing xxxx passed xxxx in progress, can you tell me if you can see more?" They either reply back with the same things or the agent will just straight up say "its exactly what you see".

I had this happen to me few times where initially they told me eligibility passed (it was review required in my gcms), then next week I was told its still under review and the last week and this week its passed again. So basically I avoid telling them FIRST what I know and try to make them tell me what they can see.
This happens for security and bgc as well btw.
Basically your best bet to know more is gcms notes.

Reactions: tobs

seabourne17

Star Member
Oct 3, 2018
When you say " eligibility under review" do you mean its not passed or does it mean its actually "review required" due to incomplete documents or something? Also I am guessing the agent said eligibility is still being reviewed right?
If I am not wrong, bgc usually starts if eligibility is either met or "recommended pass"

I have probably noticed something the call centre agents do: if you first tell them something like "hey my application online is showing xxxx passed xxxx in progress, can you tell me if you can see more?" They either reply back with the same things or the agent will just straight up say "its exactly what you see".

I had this happen to me few times where initially they told me eligibility passed (it was review required in my gcms), then next week I was told its still under review and the last week and this week its passed again. So basically I avoid telling them FIRST what I know and try to make them tell me what they can see.
Yeah, better to order gcms

daisybell4

Jan 20, 2019

A lot of back and forth! O_O I agree with what you're saying about not telling them first what you know though. That makes sense.
I had asked about my eligibility etc.. he answered "eligibility under review" in a very offhand way. No way to tell what kind of review I'm under till the notes. In my opinion, these GCMS notes should be made COMMON knowledge and mentioned on the CIC website in a more obvious way right next to the web form. It would really help those of us that wait blindly for months (granted, I know that they do not solve everyone's problems but they certainly help!).

Reactions: seabourne17

seabourne17

Star Member
Oct 3, 2018
A lot of back and forth! O_O I agree with what you're saying about not telling them first what you know though. That makes sense.
I had asked about my eligibility etc.. he answered "eligibility under review" in a very offhand way. No way to tell what kind of review I'm under till the notes. In my opinion, these GCMS notes should be made COMMON knowledge and mentioned on the CIC website in a more obvious way right next to the web form. It would really help those of us that wait blindly for months (granted, I know that they do not solve everyone's problems but they certainly help!).
Gcms really clear our doubt in mind

seabourne17

Star Member
Oct 3, 2018
I know right? The annoying thing is that I SAW when @tobs etc.. were ordering theirs back in Oct/Nov/Dec and STILL didn't order mine! All I can say is that I really didn't know whether to trust the forum at that time and honestly believed in the completeness of my application AND the belief that if the CIC had a problem, they would ASK for something or keep me in the loop (again ha..ha..HA!).
You live and you learn...
Thts the problem, sometime they put on hold our file without notifying us,thts why we must continually contact them about our file after 6 months