+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***JULY 2016 - OUTLAND SPOUSAL APPLICANTS***

Beautiful Heart

Star Member
Apr 30, 2016
NDVO
First Apply :march 2016
Medical : upfront February 11 2016
2nd application: june 2016 (cic provides special number for missing file by cic)
Aor 1: june 22 2016
SpA : august 2016
Aor 2 (file transfer to visa office) :September 9 2016
Passport asking: not yet

Medical result will expire after 2 month on February 11, why it's talking time for such missing file by cic
Really worrying. My spouse and me we are not together. We are missing to eacother too much. Worrying with cic process ..

candianhobbit

Nov 9, 2016
pinoybrat said:
got a question, what will happen to those photos that we sent to CIC? are they gonna return it thru mail.. thanks
It's my understanding that they don't return anything you send to them, except maybe your passport if they needed that.

diliprathore

Star Member
Sep 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2016
Doc's Request.
?
Nomination.....
?
IELTS Request
AOR1 Sep27, AOR2Oct17
File Transfer...
?
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
Hello Everyone!

Need your help to apply online for TRV for my wife.
we applied paper application in October and it got rejected.
planning to reapply online application this time.
we got married in march this year and applied for spouse PR in august in which we already approved for first stage(SA).
Now about TRV online application what supporting document i should provide?
My wife has no work history and she never travelled outside India.
My wife doesn't have any property or anything like that on her name.
So I am not really sure what other documents i can provide for her application.
Anybody in the same situation and got approved for TRV?
Really really need your help!
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Tinabuchan

Oct 2, 2016
sambeat4 said:
Hey guys!

We got DM sometime between Nov 4 and 12 and haven't received any e-mails about passport photos- I know we don't need to send passport because my fiance is from a visa-exempt country but I was under the impression that we would get a request for new passport photos. I'm worried it went into my fiance's junk mail while we were on vacation and now its gone Sad

Is it normal to not get a request for new passport photos? Also is it normal for GC Key to take a long time to update? We are DM on ECAS but no change on GC Key!
I'm from a Visa exempt country (US) and they did not ask for passport photos. Those were sent in with the application. Yesterday I picked up my COPR paperwork which was delivered via Canada Post to my immigration consultant a mere 4 days after the email of acceptance. She told me we just take our paperwork and flag pole. Done. Finished. Driving across the border and back tomorrow. Excited and thankful.

sambeat4

Aug 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-12-2016
Tinabuchan said:
I'm from a Visa exempt country (US) and they did not ask for passport photos. Those were sent in with the application. Yesterday I picked up my COPR paperwork which was delivered via Canada Post to my immigration consultant a mere 4 days after the email of acceptance. She told me we just take our paperwork and flag pole. Done. Finished. Driving across the border and back tomorrow. Excited and thankful.
Oh perfect! We still haven't received any e-mail from them regarding being approved- just DM on ECAS! Even GC Key hasn't changed yet! Hopefully COPR is in the mail then!! :) Congrats!!!

sweethunkUSman

Sep 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2016
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
File Transfer...
24-10-2016
Med's Request
passed
Med's Done....
September 2nd 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Background check: Nov 29 2016; DM (ECAS): Jan 15 2017; passport photocopy/2 photos email request Jan 23 2017; Received in Ottawa Feb 1 2017; COPR mailed Feb 8 2017
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR on Feb 8 2017
LANDED..........
Feb 20 2017
sambeat4 said:
Oh perfect! We still haven't received any e-mail from them regarding being approved- just DM on ECAS! Even GC Key hasn't changed yet! Hopefully COPR is in the mail then!! :) Congrats!!!
exciting!!!!

Tinabuchan said:
ooh ooh let us know how that goes! our application is from the US too

Tinabuchan

Oct 2, 2016
sweethunkUSman said:
exciting!!!!

ooh ooh let us know how that goes! our application is from the US too
It's done! Landed! Over, finished. Such a relief. We did it today to beat the American Thanksgiving border traffic. Crossed at the Pacific Hwy Crossing. I was a little worried because after telling the US officer we were flag poling and showing her the documents, she waived us over to the parking area and gave us an orange referral slip. She didn't say why. When we went inside, we had to wait approximately 10 minutes for an officer. He asked what we were doing. We explained and he stamped our US passports and sent us on. On the Canadian side, we went inside the office. There was no line. We walked right up to the kindest officer. Couldn't have asked for a nicer guy. He filed out our paper work (my 19 year old daughter was accompanying), explained how to get our SIN# and talked to me about when I would be importing my Texas car since we were driving it. I told him my goal was to come back and have it imported in two weeks. I explained why I wasn't doing it today. I had filed out the wrong declaration form and he helped me fill out the correct one. He was wonderful! Our time with him took about 20 minutes total. Filed our application on July 04. Landed on November 20. Hard to believe how fast it was. I didn't post much, but I spent hours reading this forum and it helped me weather the process. Thanks and good luck to all!

sweethunkUSman

Sep 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2016
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
File Transfer...
24-10-2016
Med's Request
passed
Med's Done....
September 2nd 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Background check: Nov 29 2016; DM (ECAS): Jan 15 2017; passport photocopy/2 photos email request Jan 23 2017; Received in Ottawa Feb 1 2017; COPR mailed Feb 8 2017
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR on Feb 8 2017
LANDED..........
Feb 20 2017
Tinabuchan said:
It's done! Landed! Over, finished. Such a relief. We did it today to beat the American Thanksgiving border traffic. Crossed at the Pacific Hwy Crossing. I was a little worried because after telling the US officer we were flag poling and showing her the documents, she waived us over to the parking area and gave us an orange referral slip. She didn't say why. When we went inside, we had to wait approximately 10 minutes for an officer. He asked what we were doing. We explained and he stamped our US passports and sent us on. On the Canadian side, we went inside the office. There was no line. We walked right up to the kindest officer. Couldn't have asked for a nicer guy. He filed out our paper work (my 19 year old daughter was accompanying), explained how to get our SIN# and talked to me about when I would be importing my Texas car since we were driving it. I told him my goal was to come back and have it imported in two weeks. I explained why I wasn't doing it today. I had filed out the wrong declaration form and he helped me fill out the correct one. He was wonderful! Our time with him took about 20 minutes total. Filed our application on July 04. Landed on November 20. Hard to believe how fast it was. I didn't post much, but I spent hours reading this forum and it helped me weather the process. Thanks and good luck to all!
I'm a BC girl too! We will likely do exactly as you did, Pacific Highway. Sweetie is living in Bellingham. Thanks for sharing, gives us something to look forward to. We are 2 months behind ya.

Lookfast

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2016
AOR Received.
19-07-2016
File Transfer...
Sa and file transfer 24Nov2016. Aor2 12 December
Med's Done....
11-03-2016
Passport Req..
Waiting ?
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting ?
LANDED..........
Soon
Beautiful Heart said:
NDVO
First Apply :march 2016
Medical : upfront February 11 2016
2nd application: june 2016 (cic provides special number for missing file by cic)
Aor 1: june 22 2016
SpA : august 2016
Aor 2 (file transfer to visa office) :September 9 2016
Passport asking: not yet

Medical result will expire after 2 month on February 11, why it's talking time for such missing file by cic
Really worrying. My spouse and me we are not together. We are missing to eacother too much. Worrying with cic process ..
Cic File missing how it is possible ?

jms627

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
Massachuetts, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2016
Doc's Request.
upfront
AOR Received.
13-08-2016
File Transfer...
26-08-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-12-16 (ECAS "Decision Made"); 13-12-16 (MyCIC "Approved")
Does anyone know if the CIC checks your US status? Because i didn't have a TIN number for my husband in 2014, my account said we could delay filing as we didn't owe any money. We still haven't filed those, but we did file our 2015 taxes. I'm trying to put my mind at ease that maybe that's why are seeing zero progress since the file was received in Ottawa on August 30th. I'm so, so frustrated and discouraged.

mcharade

Star Member
May 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
14-10-2016
File Transfer...
24-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Aug. 2016
jms627 said:
Does anyone know if the CIC checks your US status? Because i didn't have a TIN number for my husband in 2014, my account said we could delay filing as we didn't owe any money. We still haven't filed those, but we did file our 2015 taxes. I'm trying to put my mind at ease that maybe that's why are seeing zero progress since the file was received in Ottawa on August 30th. I'm so, so frustrated and discouraged.
I'm not 100% sure but I don't think CIC can see your tax status in the US, unless you specifically are being brought up on criminal charges related to that. That kind of data should be between you and the IRS.

jms627

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
Massachuetts, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2016
Doc's Request.
upfront
AOR Received.
13-08-2016
File Transfer...
26-08-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-12-16 (ECAS "Decision Made"); 13-12-16 (MyCIC "Approved")
mcharade said:
I'm not 100% sure but I don't think CIC can see your tax status in the US, unless you specifically are being brought up on criminal charges related to that. That kind of data should be between you and the IRS.
Thanks! It's not as though I'm in default or breaking any rules, but of course I'm running through every reason why my case is not moving, though likely it's just waiting its turn.

knowledge101

Aug 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2016
File Transfer...
22-08-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront, 04-08-2016
Interview........
N/A, Background check In-Process: 23-11-2016
Passport Req..
DM on ECAS: 12-01-2017; PPR Email: 23-01-2017; DM on MyCIC: 06-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
COPR sent: 06-02-2017
LANDED..........
11-02-2017
Hi everyone! Still waiting for my decision but noticed today my background check changed to "In Progress". My file was transferred to Ottawa on August 22nd and haven't heard anything since. Hopefully that means good news is on its way in the coming weeks! Fingers crossed! :D Prayers for all!

alias5000

Jul 15, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2016
AOR Received.
09-08-2016
File Transfer...
24-08-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
02/12/2016 (myCIC approved)
knowledge101 said:
Hi everyone! Still waiting for my decision but noticed today my background check changed to "In Progress". My file was transferred to Ottawa on August 22nd and haven't heard anything since. Hopefully that means good news is on its way in the coming weeks! Fingers crossed! :D Prayers for all!
Yay! Most US people got their approval pretty quickly after having the background check started!

(I'm still waiting... week 3 of background check ::) though not US citizen)

knowledge101

Aug 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2016
File Transfer...
22-08-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront, 04-08-2016
Interview........
N/A, Background check In-Process: 23-11-2016
Passport Req..
DM on ECAS: 12-01-2017; PPR Email: 23-01-2017; DM on MyCIC: 06-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
COPR sent: 06-02-2017
LANDED..........
11-02-2017
alias5000 said:
Yay! Most US people got their approval pretty quickly after having the background check started!

(I'm still waiting... week 3 of background check ::) though not US citizen)
Hopefully this is the week you hear something!