Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
Tinabuchan said:
My VO was Ottawa. I'm from the US. I used an immigration consultant but she wasn't an attorney. I did 90% of the work myself, she primarily polished it and checked for errors. I have a dependent so that made it a little bit more complicated.
I also have a dependent. She's 11. Was there something specific beyond just having a dependent (the dependent's age, travel history, etc.) that made it more complicated?

sweethunkUSman

Sep 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2016
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
File Transfer...
24-10-2016
Med's Request
passed
Med's Done....
September 2nd 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Background check: Nov 29 2016; DM (ECAS): Jan 15 2017; passport photocopy/2 photos email request Jan 23 2017; Received in Ottawa Feb 1 2017; COPR mailed Feb 8 2017
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR on Feb 8 2017
LANDED..........
Feb 20 2017
baobaotea said:
I just wanted to share the amazing news. I submitted my application on July 26th and it was approved as of November 3rd! Received the visa in the mail yesterday - now have to go to a CIC office or border agent to get it signed!
Big massive huge congrats!

candianhobbit

Nov 9, 2016
Hey all! Long time lurker, first time poster. It's been so encouraging to read along with everyone's updates. I'm sponsoring my husband.

Our application was received July 8th, and I was approved as a sponsor August 23rd.
Today our Permanent Residence Application Status changed to "Decision Made", but we have no idea what this means because we haven't received any email or any paper mail. The last update to that section was that Medical Results have been received.
In conclusion- Decision made? But what WAS the decision? That's what we're trying to figure out, with bated breath.

alias5000

Jul 15, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2016
AOR Received.
09-08-2016
File Transfer...
24-08-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
02/12/2016 (myCIC approved)
candianhobbit said:
Hey all! Long time lurker, first time poster. It's been so encouraging to read along with everyone's updates. I'm sponsoring my husband.

Our application was received July 8th, and I was approved as a sponsor August 23rd.
Today our Permanent Residence Application Status changed to "Decision Made", but we have no idea what this means because we haven't received any email or any paper mail. The last update to that section was that Medical Results have been received.
In conclusion- Decision made? But what WAS the decision? That's what we're trying to figure out, with bated breath.
Congrats! If your husband linked the application to his MyCIC account, there could be more information on their decision there.

mcharade

Star Member
May 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
14-10-2016
File Transfer...
24-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Aug. 2016
candianhobbit said:

If they didn't contact you for an interview or request extra documents (which you didn't send), then the decision should be positive. They usually give you the opportunity to give more evidence or to have an interview if they might refuse you. I think there's a good chance you were approved!

candianhobbit

Nov 9, 2016
alias5000 said:
Congrats! If your husband linked the application to his MyCIC account, there could be more information on their decision there.
Ah, unfortunately he did not do that, so we don't have access to that.
I'm going to try and make a few phone calls to see if I can get to the bottom of things, I'll let you know what I find out!

jms627

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
Massachuetts, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2016
Doc's Request.
upfront
AOR Received.
13-08-2016
File Transfer...
26-08-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-12-16 (ECAS "Decision Made"); 13-12-16 (MyCIC "Approved")
Congratulations everyone! I am truly happy for everyone. I need to stop having a pity party for myself. I movement since August 30th. Not even background check in progress. I'm getting so discouraged.

sweethunkUSman

Sep 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2016
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
File Transfer...
24-10-2016
Med's Request
passed
Med's Done....
September 2nd 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Background check: Nov 29 2016; DM (ECAS): Jan 15 2017; passport photocopy/2 photos email request Jan 23 2017; Received in Ottawa Feb 1 2017; COPR mailed Feb 8 2017
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR on Feb 8 2017
LANDED..........
Feb 20 2017
jms627 said:
Congratulations everyone! I am truly happy for everyone. I need to stop having a pity party for myself. I movement since August 30th. Not even background check in progress. I'm getting so discouraged.
I understand. Even though it seems logical that people with same file transfer dates should move in batches, the timelines still seem to be quite individual

candianhobbit

Nov 9, 2016
candianhobbit said:

Right before I was about to make a call to the CIC, I got an email requesting passport photos and that they were needed within 15 days. Now, we were careful to make sure we included passport photos with our application to speed up the process, so I'm not sure why they need more. Of course we're happy to provide whatever they need, so my husband has gone off to get those done right away. I'm trying to not let myself get too excited, but I think it bodes well that they are requesting those, right?

After that, I spoke to someone at CIC, he said that he can't check the official status of our application because my husband is an outland applicant (I knew this, but I guess I just thought he'd be able to give his general thoughts on the matter). However, he said that they send the refusal emails pretty promptly, so if that were the case we’d know. And since they asked for these photos, it seems very positive, in his opinion. However, he said I should contact the Canadian Visa Office in New York to be sure. They don’t have a phone number so I have to email them. Will report back.

mcharade

Star Member
May 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
14-10-2016
File Transfer...
24-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Aug. 2016
candianhobbit said:
Right before I was about to make a call to the CIC, I got an email requesting passport photos and that they were needed within 15 days. Now, we were careful to make sure we included passport photos with our application to speed up the process, so I'm not sure why they need more. Of course we're happy to provide whatever they need, so my husband has gone off to get those done right away. I'm trying to not let myself get too excited, but I think it bodes well that they are requesting those, right?

After that, I spoke to someone at CIC, he said that he can't check the official status of our application because my husband is an outland applicant (I knew this, but I guess I just thought he'd be able to give his general thoughts on the matter). However, he said that they send the refusal emails pretty promptly, so if that were the case we’d know. And since they asked for these photos, it seems very positive, in his opinion. However, he said I should contact the Canadian Visa Office in New York to be sure. They don’t have a phone number so I have to email them. Will report back.
They need new passport photos for an up-to-date picture. In the guide, it says the pictures need to be taken within a certain amount of time. That's true when you apply for a passport or any visa (that I've experienced) too. So, basically, they just want to make sure the photo is up-to-date. It is annoying to need to take the time to do it though!

Also, it seems certain your husband has been approved, there's no reason they would ask for more passport photos unless he was. Congrats!

Tinabuchan

Oct 2, 2016
danawhitaker said:
I also have a dependent. She's 11. Was there something specific beyond just having a dependent (the dependent's age, travel history, etc.) that made it more complicated?

Not so much. My daughter was already here on a student Visa and we made the cut off date for her (prior to being 19) by only 3 weeks. The stress of making no mistakes, which would have made us miss the 19th birthday deadline was intense. The professional immigration consultant ensured I had not made any mistakes. I saw no difference in processing time as opposed to the couples with no dependents. I got the official email yesterday. So it was only one day after I saw my status changed to decision made. We are planning to flag pole on December 03! I hope yours is speedy too.

Tinabuchan

Oct 2, 2016
mcharade said:
If they didn't contact you for an interview or request extra documents (which you didn't send), then the decision should be positive. They usually give you the opportunity to give more evidence or to have an interview if they might refuse you. I think there's a good chance you were approved!
Monday (November 14th) my application status changed to Decision Made. Yesterday, on November 15th, I got the official email that I was approved and it said the magic brown envelope (my description, not theirs!) should be received via post within 14 days. It said if I do not receive it within 14 days, to email them on the 14th day. I think you have good news and your email should be forth coming.

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
Tinabuchan said:
Not so much. My daughter was already here on a student Visa and we made the cut off date for her (prior to being 19) by only 3 weeks. The stress of making no mistakes, which would have made us miss the 19th birthday deadline was intense. The professional immigration consultant ensured I had not made any mistakes. I saw no difference in processing time as opposed to the couples with no dependents. I got the official email yesterday. So it was only one day after I saw my status changed to decision made. We are planning to flag pole on December 03! I hope yours is speedy too.
Thanks for the response. I hope so, as well. :)

sambeat4

Aug 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-12-2016
Hey guys!

We got DM sometime between Nov 4 and 12 and haven't received any e-mails about passport photos- I know we don't need to send passport because my fiance is from a visa-exempt country but I was under the impression that we would get a request for new passport photos. I'm worried it went into my fiance's junk mail while we were on vacation and now its gone Sad

Is it normal to not get a request for new passport photos? Also is it normal for GC Key to take a long time to update? We are DM on ECAS but no change on GC Key!