+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***JULY 2016 - OUTLAND SPOUSAL APPLICANTS***

Tinabuchan

Oct 2, 2016
New to the forum. Great source for information. I'm an American who married a Canadian and am applying for PR with 18 year old daughter as dependent on the application as well. Dependent is in Canada on a student VISA at UBC Vancouver. Submitted medical and criminal reports and paid all fees at time of application.

Application couriered on: June 27
Received on: July 04
Sponsorship approval on August 22rd

I'm seeing some fairly fast responses on COPR on the forum. I was wondering if having a dependent lengthens the process time? Anyone with experience on this question? Thank you.

PandaChan

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4, 2016
AOR Received.
July 21, 2016
File Transfer...
August 23, 2016
Med's Done....
June 1, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
PR approved Oct 14, 2016
LANDED..........
Nov 11, 2016
Question;

Does anyone here have their spouse visiting them in Canada (From USA) while waiting for PR approval?
If so, what did they have to do at the border in order to be allowed entry without having a US address or return ticket back to the USA?

nick360

Oct 24, 2014
Apologies if you have seen this post already, I think this is a more appropriate forum to post it.

I applied for the outland Family Class (Common Law) route in July, and it is currently in process (my spouse has been approved). I am living in Switzerland (short term) and my partner is coming to visit for one month.

I have heard that many applicants have been asked for the IMM5409 form (common law statutory declaration) if they are common law (even though it clearly states it is only required if you have co-sponsoring - which we are not). This form has not been requested for me yet, however, I was wondering if people would recommend my partner and myself find somewhere in Switzerland to get it notarized? While she is here? This might involve travelling to the Canadian embassy in Berne so it won't be the most simplest or cheapest thing to do - but if it is necessary it is obviously worth it.

My questions:
- Do we need to be together to sign this form?
- Has anyone had this form signed outside of Canada, and if so by who? Can I ask a lawyer here?
- Do we need to provide proof of common law status to the person notarizing the form?

I think those are all of my questions.

Thank you,

sadcanadianpr

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th July 2016
AOR Received.
23rd August 2016
File Transfer...
31st August 2016
Med's Request
22nd February 2017
Med's Done....
7th March 2017
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Still Waiting
Hi Sohini...

It will not speed up the actual process. Only thing you will gain is the time after being approved. Once approved you will be asked to pay the fees and that will take another 2 weeks for you to send and 2-3 weeks for them to update from Mississauga to NDVO. If you have paid up front that time is saved.

ryanntheredhead

Star Member
Feb 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2016
Doc's Request.
29-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-06-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
(Decision Made) 06-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-10-2016
LANDED..........
17-10-2016
PandaChan said:
Question;

Does anyone here have their spouse visiting them in Canada (From USA) while waiting for PR approval?
If so, what did they have to do at the border in order to be allowed entry without having a US address or return ticket back to the USA?
I'm a U.S. Citizen living in Canada while waiting for PR. When I cross the border, they don't ask about a return ticket because they know I will be here as a visitor until my application goes through. Just to be safe, I always travel with a full printed out copy of my sponsorship application (probably overboard but it never hurts) but I've read that a receipt that shows you've paid the fees and submitted an application should be enough. This is for U.S. citizens though. They're probably not as lax for other people.

Know that if you want longer than 6 months you have to get a visitor extension record. I've just mentioned that I knew I had to do that before and they were fine with it.

PandaChan

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4, 2016
AOR Received.
July 21, 2016
File Transfer...
August 23, 2016
Med's Done....
June 1, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
PR approved Oct 14, 2016
LANDED..........
Nov 11, 2016
ryanntheredhead said:
I'm a U.S. Citizen living in Canada while waiting for PR. When I cross the border, they don't ask about a return ticket because they know I will be here as a visitor until my application goes through. Just to be safe, I always travel with a full printed out copy of my sponsorship application (probably overboard but it never hurts) but I've read that a receipt that shows you've paid the fees and submitted an application should be enough. This is for U.S. citizens though. They're probably not as lax for other people.

Know that if you want longer than 6 months you have to get a visitor extension record. I've just mentioned that I knew I had to do that before and they were fine with it.
Thank you very much for this information. :)
We'll have to decide what we are going to do. Hoping things will work out!

gkountouris

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 July 2016
AOR Received.
AOR 2 : 23 Aug 2016
File Transfer...
25 Aug 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Nope....
VISA ISSUED...
09/02/2017
Is there any outland Family sponsorship applicant who is linked with ROME VO ? Its been one month that ROme is proccesing my application but no updated news since then .

Lebron-J

Jun 16, 2016
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
19-07-2016
AOR Received.
10-08-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-03-2018
LANDED..........
29-03-2018
gkountouris said:
Is there any outland Family sponsorship applicant who is linked with ROME VO ? Its been one month that ROme is proccesing my application but no updated news since then .
Hi once your application is received by the VO then basically the waiting begins.
It seems like the VIsa Offices are processing April/May applicants.

gkountouris

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 July 2016
AOR Received.
AOR 2 : 23 Aug 2016
File Transfer...
25 Aug 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Nope....
VISA ISSUED...
09/02/2017
Lebron-J said:
Hi once your application is received by the VO then basically the waiting begins.
It seems like the VIsa Offices are processing April/May applicants.
Hi

It sounds you are right..But as i have noticed there are not many applicats that there are linked with Rome VO and i think that will speed up my application proccedure..

Lebron-J

Jun 16, 2016
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
19-07-2016
AOR Received.
10-08-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-03-2018
LANDED..........
29-03-2018
gkountouris said:
Hi

It sounds you are right..But as i have noticed there are not many applicats that there are linked with Rome VO and i think that will speed up my application proccedure..
I hope you get a speedy process but I guess there are also a lot of other Rome applicants who are not active on the forum! But let's have hope for all July applicants to have a speedy process :D

VVinay

Sep 30, 2016
Hi All,

I am new to the forum .I am JULY 2016 applicant.My file has been already transferred to delhi immigration office. Status shows :"In Process".Waiting for DM. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

AOR1 : JULY 27,2016
SA: AUG 30,2016
AOR2:SEP 7,2016
Status shows :Medical results have been received. ::) ::)..

Sohini

Sep 23, 2016
sadcanadianpr said:
Hi Sohini...

It will not speed up the actual process. Only thing you will gain is the time after being approved. Once approved you will be asked to pay the fees and that will take another 2 weeks for you to send and 2-3 weeks for them to update from Mississauga to NDVO. If you have paid up front that time is saved.
Thank you for the information:)

PandaChan

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4, 2016
AOR Received.