AOR Received.
02-09-2016
File Transfer...
31 August 2016
Med's Done....
25-07-2016
ktaguiam21 said:
Hi... July 27th applicant here....
Got my 6th pre arrival email early in the morninggg....
still waiting for PPR. Godwilling this week.. praying...
At least there's some movement on your case. I'm wondering if I should send Sydney an email to ask if they need anything else. We've got to make plans to go before July (before the medical expires) so would like to be able to organise the trip with family and flights, etc.

ktaguiam21

Feb 22, 2017
DollyM said:
At least there's some movement on your case. I'm wondering if I should send Sydney an email to ask if they need anything else. We've got to make plans to go before July (before the medical expires) so would like to be able to organise the trip with family and flights, etc.
when was ur last update? and when will your medical be expired?

DollyM

Jul 6, 2016
Middle of Nowhere, Perth, Western Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2016
Doc's Request.
29-07-2016
AOR Received.
02-09-2016
File Transfer...
31 August 2016
Med's Done....
25-07-2016
ktaguiam21 said:
when was ur last update? and when will your medical be expired?
We got a request for a UK police clearance in December. Since then nothing. The medical will expire in July unfortunately.

snowmen10

Aug 26, 2015
I sponsor my wife and I sent the out-of-canda application package to Mississauga office.
CIC received it on July 19, 2016.

There is no noticed on sponsor approval. It just moved ahead to Hong Kong office on September 5, 2016.
On October 3, 2016, I sent a request to update email address.
We received the requested for medical sometimes in mid October. Sent the result on October 18, 2016.
CIC claimed that there were 3 documents are required in order to continue processing my wife's application. We received the email on November 17, 2016. We re-send those documents on December 13, 2016.

Nothing until the website shows Decision made on March 21, 2017.
However, the history doesn't show anything related (http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/decision-made-on-the-dashboard-but-not-history-kind-of-worry.480857/)

On May 3, 2017, my wife received Confirmation of Permanent Residence mail. The letter was stamped on April 11, 2017 from HK Post.

Since my wife is currently in Canada, we called IRCC to ask if appointment is required, they said I could walk-in every second and forth Tuesday of each month.

She got COPR signed on May 9, 2017 and will be waiting for PR Card.

:)

Lebron-J

Jun 16, 2016
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
19-07-2016
AOR Received.
10-08-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-03-2018
LANDED..........
29-03-2018
Still any July applicants waiting for COPR?

Reactions: strength2

Nazish1214

May 19, 2017
Still any July applicants waiting for COPR?
My husband submitted application to sponsor me on july 20,2016.
Sponsor approval: august 30, 2016. Remedical and police certificate request: april 25, 2017. My online cic account status.. processing background check. How long will it take for ppr now?

Lebron-J

Jun 16, 2016
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
19-07-2016
AOR Received.
10-08-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-03-2018
LANDED..........
29-03-2018
My husband submitted application to sponsor me on july 20,2016.
Sponsor approval: august 30, 2016. Remedical and police certificate request: april 25, 2017. My online cic account status.. processing background check. How long will it take for ppr now?
It depends how long your BC will take it can be a couple weeks also poss that it will take a month or two.

Which Visa Office?

MJEst

Jun 2, 2017
App. Filed.......
July 14, 2017
Hi! My spouse and I were about to send our outland application to Mississauga this morning via LBC (we're from bulacan, PH) but then they were asking us for the ff details:

(To: Name of the receiver)
(Contact number)

We were wondering what details to put because the only thing we know is the processing centre address. Thanks very much!

sbakhour

Star Member
Apr 19, 2014
Hello members,

For everyone reading the below post, if you have any idea or a similar case, I highly appreciate if you share your opinion or comments.

I applied for Family Spousal Sponsorship on July 2016 through Abu Dhabi Visa Office. Received an email on December 2016 to confirm that my sponsor is returning to Canada soon, so we did this.
Since then, we heard nothing from the visa office & status on ECAS & MyCIC are as per the below:

ECAS:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on July 19, 2016.
  2. We started processing your application on August 23, 2016.
  3. Medical results have been received.
MyCIC:

Application status: We're processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You don't need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents: The additional documents your provided are being reviewed.
Interview: You don't need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We don't need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when a final decision has been made.

Now my main concern is the background check update !!!!!

Is it possible that CIC did not even start with my background check after 11 months of submitting my application or simply they did not update this field ????

I am asking this question because I have seen other applicants who applied a little bit before or after me & have their background check started since January 2017, also many other cases already received their passport request & had their application finalized !!! (note that they are citizen of the same country of mine & they are residing abroad like me).

My processing times are 15 months ( as per CIC ) & eventually, I didn't cross the processing times so this means that I must wait maximum till October 2017 before I start to stress.
However, I wanted to know from some members with previous experience, if there were some cases where the background check was not updated ( or started ) & all of a sudden had their application finalized ?

As you all know, for the Family Class Sponsorship, the longer step is the background check. I knew some couple who waited for months, even years to have their Background Check step finalized. Even for some, they were forced to wait a lot after their processing times to finish their background check.

I am just worried about this Background Check update, I am not sure if I have to wait till it starts ?
1. Will the Background Check take few months to be finalized (between today and OCT 2017) so I will have my application decision made before the finish of the processing times which is supposed to be on October ?
2. Could the background check postpone my waiting processing times & surpass the 15 months ?
3. Or I shouldn't stress because this happened previously with other applicants where their background check has shown no updates till a decision has been made ?

We ordered GCMS notes 5 days ago & we are still waiting to receive them, it may take up to 25 more days to get them & see what is happening with our application.

I highly appreciate your comments, ideas & support. Any experience from older applicants will really help me to understand what is going on with this background check update.

Thank you in advance.
Regards,

Sara Joon

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
Doc's Request.
25-10-2016
AOR Received.
25-06-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Hello members,

For everyone reading the below post, if you have any idea or a similar case, I highly appreciate if you share your opinion or comments.

I applied for Family Spousal Sponsorship on July 2016 through Abu Dhabi Visa Office. Received an email on December 2016 to confirm that my sponsor is returning to Canada soon, so we did this.
Since then, we heard nothing from the visa office & status on ECAS & MyCIC are as per the below:

ECAS:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on July 19, 2016.
  2. We started processing your application on August 23, 2016.
  3. Medical results have been received.
MyCIC:

Application status: We're processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You don't need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents: The additional documents your provided are being reviewed.
Interview: You don't need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We don't need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when a final decision has been made.

Now my main concern is the background check update !!!!!

Is it possible that CIC did not even start with my background check after 11 months of submitting my application or simply they did not update this field ????

I am asking this question because I have seen other applicants who applied a little bit before or after me & have their background check started since January 2017, also many other cases already received their passport request & had their application finalized !!! (note that they are citizen of the same country of mine & they are residing abroad like me).

My processing times are 15 months ( as per CIC ) & eventually, I didn't cross the processing times so this means that I must wait maximum till October 2017 before I start to stress.
However, I wanted to know from some members with previous experience, if there were some cases where the background check was not updated ( or started ) & all of a sudden had their application finalized ?

As you all know, for the Family Class Sponsorship, the longer step is the background check. I knew some couple who waited for months, even years to have their Background Check step finalized. Even for some, they were forced to wait a lot after their processing times to finish their background check.

I am just worried about this Background Check update, I am not sure if I have to wait till it starts ?
1. Will the Background Check take few months to be finalized (between today and OCT 2017) so I will have my application decision made before the finish of the processing times which is supposed to be on October ?
2. Could the background check postpone my waiting processing times & surpass the 15 months ?
3. Or I shouldn't stress because this happened previously with other applicants where their background check has shown no updates till a decision has been made ?

We ordered GCMS notes 5 days ago & we are still waiting to receive them, it may take up to 25 more days to get them & see what is happening with our application.

I highly appreciate your comments, ideas & support. Any experience from older applicants will really help me to understand what is going on with this background check update.

Thank you in advance.
Regards,

don't worry, I am Iranian and I have sponsored my husband on June 6 2016 and am still waiting we are stuck on background check as well , our normal processing time is 8 months , I have been waiting for 14 months now and I know 30 other people from Iran , in a same situation, so god bless you still haven't pass your time, you will get something soon hopefully.

sbakhour

Star Member
Apr 19, 2014
don't worry, I am Iranian and I have sponsored my husband on June 6 2016 and am still waiting we are stuck on background check as well , our normal processing time is 8 months , I have been waiting for 14 months now and I know 30 other people from Iran , in a same situation, so god bless you still haven't pass your time, you will get something soon hopefully.
Thank you very much for your kind words ! The issue is that I am not stuck at the background check, it shows that it is not even started. Never mind, I wish you also the best of luck and to hear something very soon :) Appreciate your kind message and nice words !

Lebron-J

Jun 16, 2016
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
19-07-2016
AOR Received.
10-08-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-03-2018
LANDED..........
29-03-2018
July 2016 thread is not that active anymore. Any applicants left who passed the 12 months already, any information from the VO?

Reactions: strength2