August 23, 2016
Med's Done....
June 1, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
PR approved Oct 14, 2016
LANDED..........
Nov 11, 2016
alias5000 said:
And you need to keep his address for correspondence? Otherwise, he could just come and visit you as a visitor.
Yeah. We were told that it's not a good idea to change the correspondence address after decision is made, which is why we have now run into this problem, lol. Hopefully something will work out.

DollyM

Jul 6, 2016
Middle of Nowhere, Perth, Western Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2016
Doc's Request.
29-07-2016
AOR Received.
02-09-2016
File Transfer...
31 August 2016
Med's Done....
25-07-2016
PandaChan said:
Unfortunately he's got nobody nearby for him to stay with.
Hotel? Air BnB? He can open a PO Box and have his mail forwarded to there. https://www.usps.com/manage/forward.htm Even if he rents a short term place like Air BnB it would be cheaper than signing a lease for another 12 months. Alternately, can he speak to his landlord and explain that he would like to extend the lease by 1 month?

PandaChan

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4, 2016
AOR Received.
July 21, 2016
File Transfer...
August 23, 2016
Med's Done....
June 1, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
PR approved Oct 14, 2016
LANDED..........
Nov 11, 2016
Still confused here. What I am trying to find out is once the application shows status as approved how long after that (October 14) does it take to get to the next step which we are assuming would be to do the pictures and get his copr (correct me if wrong)? We are hoping that he can be here for Christmas this year but don't know how long the next step takes. We are assuming that he does not have to send them his passport since the US is visa exempt and he will only have to send a photocopy and picture.

Is there anybody who has been in the same situation as us (Married in Canada, husband lives in US, applied for outland sponsorship for him to become a permanent Canadian resident) that can give us some help and what to expect next because we can't seem to get a clear answer to our question. I called Immigration and they can't even give a clear answer.

Just need to know how long approx. that we have to wait now that the application has been approved.

tigermilo

Star Member
Oct 1, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
11/26/2016
AOR Received.
12/03/2016
File Transfer...
12/12/2016 (Received SA)
Med's Done....
UPFRONT: 09/30/16. Meds Passed: 12/06/16
Passport Req..
11/22/2017
VISA ISSUED...
12/01/2017
LANDED..........
12/23/2017
PandaChan said:
Still confused here. What I am trying to find out is once the application shows status as approved how long after that (October 14) does it take to get to the next step which we are assuming would be to do the pictures and get his copr (correct me if wrong)? We are hoping that he can be here for Christmas this year but don't know how long the next step takes. We are assuming that he does not have to send them his passport since the US is visa exempt and he will only have to send a photocopy and picture.

Is there anybody who has been in the same situation as us (Married in Canada, husband lives in US, applied for outland sponsorship for him to become a permanent Canadian resident) that can give us some help and what to expect next because we can't seem to get a clear answer to our question. I called Immigration and they can't even give a clear answer.

Just need to know how long approx. that we have to wait now that the application has been approved.
I've been reading that some people receive their copr in a few weeks and others a month or 2 after DM is made. I think he'll get it before Christmas.

JMilne

Jun 28, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2016
Doc's Request.
18-10-2016
AOR Received.
19-08-2016
File Transfer...
30-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-07-2016
Interview........
Not requested
VISA ISSUED...
08-12-2016
So I just received an email requesting a police certificate for the UK. Seems strange as I've never lived there, just a holiday about 8 years ago! Has this happened to anyone else? I'm Australian so they've also requested a drivers licence history. They've given me 30 days to send info in although if I DO have to get a U.K. Check it may take longer! Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Skitz

Star Member
Mar 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/06/2016
AOR Received.
19/07/2016
File Transfer...
23/08/2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
DM 22nd Jan/ PPR 23rd Jan 2017
VISA ISSUED...
PPR sent 25th Jan/Jan 31st
JMilne said:
So I just received an email requesting a police certificate for the UK. Seems strange as I've never lived there, just a holiday about 8 years ago! Has this happened to anyone else? I'm Australian so they've also requested a drivers licence history. They've given me 30 days to send info in although if I DO have to get a U.K. Check it may take longer! Any advice would be greatly appreciated
For UK I applied online and received the certificate by post out of country in 2 weeks. They do have a premium service which delivered in two days or so if I remember correctly. You need to go to the this website and apply - https://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

Fairly painless process. Hope that helps - strange they would ask you for one if you just went for a short duration holiday.

JMilne

Jun 28, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2016
Doc's Request.
18-10-2016
AOR Received.
19-08-2016
File Transfer...
30-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-07-2016
Interview........
Not requested
VISA ISSUED...
08-12-2016
Skitz said:
For UK I applied online and received the certificate by post out of country in 2 weeks. They do have a premium service which delivered in two days or so if I remember correctly. You need to go to the this website and apply - https://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

Fairly painless process. Hope that helps - strange they would ask you for one if you just went for a short duration holiday.
Thanks for your prompt reply! Yeah the courier postage is $100 aud so don't really want to have to pay that much! Also just noticed there is a 2 day turn around for 80 pounds instead of the regular 40 pounds. Are you in Australia and received within that time frame?

The email also says 'Reply to this email' ; with attached documents or for questions? Unsure how to actually submit what they've requested?

I was in the UK for 3 months, I also spent 4 months in Mexico but they're not requesting anything from there?

*Just found this information online cic website*

Who needs a police certificate?
In general, you and all the people in your family who are 18 or older need to get a police certificate. You must get one from each country or territory where you have spent six or more months since the age of 18. For example:

if you visited, worked or lived in a country for two months, left for a few years, then returned for four months, that counts as spending six months there. In this case, you would need a certificate.

Silly me thinking it would be 'consecutive' 6 months. Apparently not :eek: I swear i read else where they were only necessary for consecutive.

erical

Star Member
May 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-07-2016
Doc's Request.
02-11-2016
AOR Received.
30-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
05-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2017
LANDED..........
01-03-2017
This scares me! In another thread someone mentioned that criminal record checks can be requested even if you stayed in the country for under six months total. My partner travelled in the US for three months. If they ask for a criminal check it will take forever to get. I think the wait time is like 2- 3 months or something crazy like that.

Any updates from anyone going through Manila? They seem to be processing applications a lot faster these days.

JMilne

Jun 28, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2016
Doc's Request.
18-10-2016
AOR Received.
19-08-2016
File Transfer...
30-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-07-2016
Interview........
Not requested
VISA ISSUED...
08-12-2016
erical said:
This scares me! In another thread someone mentioned that criminal record checks can be requested even if you stayed in the country for under six months total. My partner travelled in the US for three months. If they ask for a criminal check it will take forever to get. I think the wait time is like 2- 3 months or something crazy like that.

Any updates from anyone going through Manila? They seem to be processing applications a lot faster these days.
I should also mention in total i DID spend 6 months + in the UK. Just a few years apart (within the 10 year history requested) :)

Uk Police check just ordered so hopefully it arrives in my post box soon.

PandaChan

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4, 2016
AOR Received.
July 21, 2016
File Transfer...
August 23, 2016
Med's Done....
June 1, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
PR approved Oct 14, 2016
LANDED..........
Nov 11, 2016
DollyM said:
Hotel? Air BnB? He can open a PO Box and have his mail forwarded to there. https://www.usps.com/manage/forward.htm Even if he rents a short term place like Air BnB it would be cheaper than signing a lease for another 12 months. Alternately, can he speak to his landlord and explain that he would like to extend the lease by 1 month?
Husband just went back to Tennessee yesterday.
He has to sign 12 months, but is able to break it by giving 30 days notice, so I suppose that isn't too bad, haha. Just hopefully we can avoid it!
We are waiting we assume for the email requesting photocopies of his passport.

PandaChan

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4, 2016
AOR Received.
July 21, 2016
File Transfer...
August 23, 2016
Med's Done....
June 1, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
PR approved Oct 14, 2016
LANDED..........
Nov 11, 2016
tigermilo said:
I've been reading that some people receive their copr in a few weeks and others a month or 2 after DM is made. I think he'll get it before Christmas.
Thank you for your response. :)
Felt a little left in limbo there, not knowing what to expect after decision made for approval, lol.

We've gathered that we are to expect an email or MyCIC account message requesting photocopies of his passport and then we have to mail a physical passport photo to the address they provide. We got his passport photo taken while he was here visiting and will send it to the provided address from here in Canada as well. Then after that I assume they will mail him the COPR for him to officially move here.

tigermilo

Star Member
Oct 1, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
11/26/2016
AOR Received.
12/03/2016
File Transfer...
12/12/2016 (Received SA)
Med's Done....
UPFRONT: 09/30/16. Meds Passed: 12/06/16
Passport Req..
11/22/2017
VISA ISSUED...
12/01/2017
LANDED..........
12/23/2017
PandaChan said:
Thank you for your response. :)
Felt a little left in limbo there, not knowing what to expect after decision made for approval, lol.

We've gathered that we are to expect an email or MyCIC account message requesting photocopies of his passport and then we have to mail a physical passport photo to the address they provide. We got his passport photo taken while he was here visiting and will send it to the provided address from here in Canada as well. Then after that I assume they will mail him the COPR for him to officially move here.
They should already have his photocopied passport and passport photos because it was part of the application. If he already has that in his application I don't think they will ask for it again. I think he's just going to receive his copr in the mail.

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
PandaChan said:
Husband just went back to Tennessee yesterday.
He has to sign 12 months, but is able to break it by giving 30 days notice, so I suppose that isn't too bad, haha. Just hopefully we can avoid it!
We are waiting we assume for the email requesting photocopies of his passport.
Is there some kind of hidden fee for breaking it? I had to sign again in July, knowing that approval will likely come before it's up in 12 months. My complex has a policy whereby there's a fee to break the lease, and that fee is higher during certain months (winter primarily). It's not even stated in specific terms in the lease, or anything I originally signed, which seems shady as heck, just that there is a fee for breaking it but it can be broken with 30 days notice. The leasing office told me it could be has high as $2000 depending on which month I end up breaking it.

Skitz

Star Member
Mar 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/06/2016
AOR Received.
19/07/2016
File Transfer...
23/08/2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
DM 22nd Jan/ PPR 23rd Jan 2017
VISA ISSUED...
PPR sent 25th Jan/Jan 31st
JMilne said:
Thanks for your prompt reply! Yeah the courier postage is $100 aud so don't really want to have to pay that much! Also just noticed there is a 2 day turn around for 80 pounds instead of the regular 40 pounds. Are you in Australia and received within that time frame?

The email also says 'Reply to this email' ; with attached documents or for questions? Unsure how to actually submit what they've requested?

I was in the UK for 3 months, I also spent 4 months in Mexico but they're not requesting anything from there?

*Just found this information online cic website*

No, I live in India but received it within the same time frame.

I hope what you posted from the CIC website isn't true. I was in Kenya for 5 months or so... And travelled a great deal through various countries (shortish duration). Would hate to have my application delayed if they ask for PCC Certs from Kenya or Brazil or Singapore or even Canada - because cumulatively I don't think I crossed 6 months over various visits there. I already supplied PCC for 3 countries which had 6 months or more of stay! Fingers crossed....

Who needs a police certificate?
In general, you and all the people in your family who are 18 or older need to get a police certificate. You must get one from each country or territory where you have spent six or more months since the age of 18. For example:

if you visited, worked or lived in a country for two months, left for a few years, then returned for four months, that counts as spending six months there. In this case, you would need a certificate.

Silly me thinking it would be 'consecutive' 6 months. Apparently not :eek: I swear i read else where they were only necessary for consecutive.

PandaChan

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4, 2016
AOR Received.
July 21, 2016
File Transfer...
August 23, 2016
Med's Done....
June 1, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
PR approved Oct 14, 2016
LANDED..........
Nov 11, 2016
danawhitaker said:
Is there some kind of hidden fee for breaking it? I had to sign again in July, knowing that approval will likely come before it's up in 12 months. My complex has a policy whereby there's a fee to break the lease, and that fee is higher during certain months (winter primarily). It's not even stated in specific terms in the lease, or anything I originally signed, which seems shady as heck, just that there is a fee for breaking it but it can be broken with 30 days notice. The leasing office told me it could be has high as $2000 depending on which month I end up breaking it.
There is no fee for my husband to break his lease, just the 30 days notice is required.
But that definitely sounds shady...

Honestly I would carefully read over your lease contract again and if there is literally nothing that states there is a lease breaking fee, I would not think they can legally hold you to pay it.