App. Filed.......
July 29 2015
File Transfer...
28-09-2015
Med's Done....
30-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM 11-2-2016
Still waiting on an update to my wife's application, last entry states they started processing her application on September 28th.

molotoff1984

Star Member
Jan 11, 2013
Just got this update on Sponsorship Status:

We received your application to sponsor ... on July 20, 2015.
We started processing your application on August 18, 2015.
We sent you a letter on October 30, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

It seems to be too loooong with no reason. Start wondering what took them so long to get sponsorship application processed. PR application status still had only 'received' record.

dama2015

Nov 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2015
Doc's Request.
18-02-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1 15-09-2015 AOR2 21-11-2015
Med's Done....
upfront
Hi! I am new to this website/forum...still trying to get the hang of it! i sent out my file on july 20th ! I was wondering if anyone could tell me where can add the dates on my profile. Also anyone here has their file in mexico visa office?
Thank you!
This is what my timeline looks like
Application recieved july 21st
AOR 1 August 20th
SA September 15th
Still waiting on CSQ (i live in quebec)
AOR2 November 3rd (this is the letter i recieved from mexico visa office yestersay)
Medicals were done upfront!

Beaverdiva

Aug 5, 2013
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
AOR 26/08/2015. SA 28/09/2015. In Process on eCAS - 6/10/2015
File Transfer...
29/09/2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT. Medical Results Received 14/10/15
Med's Done....
06/07/2015
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 09/12/2015, COPR arrived 15/1/16 deadline to land 7/7/16
LANDED..........
7-06-2016
dama2015 said:
Hi! I am new to this website/forum...still trying to get the hang of it! i sent out my file on july 20th ! I was wondering if anyone could tell me where can add the dates on my profile. Also anyone here has their file in mexico visa office?
Thank you!
This is what my timeline looks like
Application recieved july 21st
AOR 1 August 20th
SA September 15th
Still waiting on CSQ (i live in quebec)
AOR2 November 3rd (this is the letter i recieved from mexico visa office yestersay)
Medicals were done upfront!

Hi, welcome to the forum. You have to post 10 times before you can add details to your own profile.

drnafisa

Oct 10, 2014
Hi

My husband and I applied for Family Sponsorship (I am the sponsor) on 14 July 2015.

The notes are updated as follows:
Sponsor
1. Received application to sponsor xxx on 15 July 2015
Received application to sponsor dependant xxx
2. Sent correspondence on 14 August 2015
3. Started processing on 13 August 2915

Principal Applicant
1. We received PR application for xxx on 15 July 2015
2. Medical results received

My situation is that I am currently residing in Canada. But I am not working at the moment. As someone in the forum rightly said its taking an awfully long time. But I also see many lucky ones that are going through a normal timeline and some abnormally quicker! I tried speaking to the customer call centre person twice with an answer that it's still under process. :( (btw it's been 80+ days since we put in our application - clearly outside normal processing time)

Is anyone in the forum taking as long as me, or am I an exception? It would be nice to get a score here so please share if its taking as long as its taking for us. Thanks!

Dr

Samaara

Oct 23, 2015
4Canucks said:
Still waiting on an update to my wife's application, last entry states they started processing her application on September 28th.
Hi there
My husband filed my application on july 30 and last entry states that they started processing my application on October 1. Since then i haven't heard from them my medical examination was submitted on Oct 10. Please give me an update if you hear from cic. Btw port of spain is processing my application. Thanks and good luck!

dama2015

Nov 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2015
Doc's Request.
18-02-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1 15-09-2015 AOR2 21-11-2015
Med's Done....
upfront
drnafisa said:
Hi

My husband and I applied for Family Sponsorship (I am the sponsor) on 14 July 2015.

The notes are updated as follows:
Sponsor
1. Received application to sponsor xxx on 15 July 2015
Received application to sponsor dependant xxx
2. Sent correspondence on 14 August 2015
3. Started processing on 13 August 2915

Principal Applicant
1. We received PR application for xxx on 15 July 2015
2. Medical results received

My situation is that I am currently residing in Canada. But I am not working at the moment. As someone in the forum rightly said its taking an awfully long time. But I also see many lucky ones that are going through a normal timeline and some abnormally quicker! I tried speaking to the customer call centre person twice with an answer that it's still under process. :( (btw it's been 80+ days since we put in our application - clearly outside normal processing time)

Is anyone in the forum taking as long as me, or am I an exception? It would be nice to get a score here so please share if its taking as long as its taking for us. Thanks!

Dr
Hi i have almost the same notes online and i am also not working and living in Quebec.... i am a full time student.
Have you already been approuved to sponsor? Since i have recieved my letter of approval but does not show it online

sham707

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2015
AOR Received.
08-08-2015
File Transfer...
21-09-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-11-2015
LANDED..........
26-12-2015
My Spouse sent her Passport to Singapore VO today through CVAC. Hopefully within a month the passport will be stamped with PR Visa :) .

4Canucks

Star Member
Mar 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 29 2015
File Transfer...
28-09-2015
Med's Done....
30-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM 11-2-2016
Still waiting on an update to our file, already received my SA, this is what it shows on permanent residence. Anyone else in the same time frame and waiting? What should we expect to see next and in what time frame?

Permanent Residence

We received XXXXXXX application for permanent residence on July 29, 2015.
We started processing XXXXXXXX application on September 28, 2015.

Ineffable

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 23, 2015
AOR Received.
June 3, 2015
File Transfer...
July 7, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 21, 2015
Interview........
IP: Oct. 9, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2015
4Canucks said:
Still waiting on an update to our file, already received my SA, this is what it shows on permanent residence. Anyone else in the same time frame and waiting? What should we expect to see next and in what time frame?

Permanent Residence

We received XXXXXXX application for permanent residence on July 29, 2015.
We started processing XXXXXXXX application on September 28, 2015.
Hey there. Hope you're having a great Sunday.

So, the expected timeline for Ottawa VO is 6-10 months based on real data (versus the timelines on the CIC sties). Your application was received roughly 3 months ago, so I wouldn't expect DM on the PR for another 3 months or more if you go based on the averages from the data we have.

It used to be that IP, or "we started processing your application on XXXX," meant your application was a few weeks away from DM, but that changed around June this year. Now, applications of those who submitted mid-May and beyond are seeing IP far sooner than what happened historically. No one is sure yet how long after IP that new applications see DM; the first ones who saw that happen in ECAS are still waiting for DM.

Some will naturally see times faster than 6 months, but they're very rare. (Don't get discouraged! I know that's easier said than done.) Most from the Ottawa VO see turnarounds in 6-8 months. I'd expect that to be the same with your application based on the law of averages.

The next thing you can expect to see is DM show up on ECAS some months from now. Sometime between now and then, you may receive a batch email requesting more evidence that the sponsor resides in Canada or plans to reside in Canada. (Some don't receive this at all and go to DM from IP without any contact from the CIC.) That, or you may potentially see specific email requests from an officer once your application has been assigned to someone. Those who are from non-visa exempt countries will see a PPR toward the end of their process; that's always a good indicator that your application is near the end.

You likely would have already been contacted if an interview was necessary, as they need to give you sufficient time to prepare. Breathe a sigh of relief for that. You'll absolutely be out of the woods in another month.

I'm afraid there's not much to "see" happen to your application between now and the time when you receive DM. I know it's hard not to go a little crazy, waiting. If you want, you can order GCMS notes to get a digital copy of your file, but it likely won't show you much other than SA and AOR. The CIC seems to move on an application within a few weeks once an officer picks up an application, and the chances you correctly guess when that small window of processing occurs is rather slim.

I've ordered notes twice, and I saw zero changes to my application despite them being months apart. I ordered my last batch of notes on Oct. 8th that I received November 5th. My application went In Progress (old system) on October 9th. My notes were pulled October 14th, and showed that nothing had been started. On October 23rd, I got the batch email asking for more proof of residency, RPRF fees, etc.

I got DM yesterday, less than a month between when my notes were pulled (that showed nothing started) and my batch email. I have no idea when—between October 15th and November 14th—that the CIC picked up and started working on my things, but it definitely goes to show you that they work quickly once your time has come.

So, GCMS notes may not show you much info, but it could offer a strange sense of peace of mind. They're worth it if that's what you require.

I hope this helps give you a hypothetical timeline. If I were you, I'd wait maybe 2 more months and order notes for the best chance of seeing where your application truly is.

Good luck!

4Canucks

Star Member
Mar 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 29 2015
File Transfer...
28-09-2015
Med's Done....
30-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM 11-2-2016
Thanks! I appreciate the info and helps out tremendously. :)

Samaara

Oct 23, 2015
I've received an email for PPR!!! thank god.

Here's my time line _ 112 days from application received at missassauga office to PPR

Application received; mississauga - 30 July 2015
Acknowledgement of receipt 1 - 28 September 2015
Acknowledgement of receipt 2 - 8 October 2015
Medicals submitted - 10 October 2015
Passport request - 18 November 2015
Passport sent to POS - 19 November 2015
Passport returned - ?
:D

Hope you hear from cic soon. Good bless and good luck

Samaara

Oct 23, 2015
Ineffable said:
Hey there. Hope you're having a great Sunday.

So, the expected timeline for Ottawa VO is 6-10 months based on real data (versus the timelines on the CIC sties). Your application was received roughly 3 months ago, so I wouldn't expect DM on the PR for another 3 months or more if you go based on the averages from the data we have.

It used to be that IP, or "we started processing your application on XXXX," meant your application was a few weeks away from DM, but that changed around June this year. Now, applications of those who submitted mid-May and beyond are seeing IP far sooner than what happened historically. No one is sure yet how long after IP that new applications see DM; the first ones who saw that happen in ECAS are still waiting for DM.

Some will naturally see times faster than 6 months, but they're very rare. (Don't get discouraged! I know that's easier said than done.) Most from the Ottawa VO see turnarounds in 6-8 months. I'd expect that to be the same with your application based on the law of averages.

The next thing you can expect to see is DM show up on ECAS some months from now. Sometime between now and then, you may receive a batch email requesting more evidence that the sponsor resides in Canada or plans to reside in Canada. (Some don't receive this at all and go to DM from IP without any contact from the CIC.) That, or you may potentially see specific email requests from an officer once your application has been assigned to someone. Those who are from non-visa exempt countries will see a PPR toward the end of their process; that's always a good indicator that your application is near the end.

You likely would have already been contacted if an interview was necessary, as they need to give you sufficient time to prepare. Breathe a sigh of relief for that. You'll absolutely be out of the woods in another month.

I'm afraid there's not much to "see" happen to your application between now and the time when you receive DM. I know it's hard not to go a little crazy, waiting. If you want, you can order GCMS notes to get a digital copy of your file, but it likely won't show you much other than SA and AOR. The CIC seems to move on an application within a few weeks once an officer picks up an application, and the chances you correctly guess when that small window of processing occurs is rather slim.

I've ordered notes twice, and I saw zero changes to my application despite them being months apart. I ordered my last batch of notes on Oct. 8th that I received November 5th. My application went In Progress (old system) on October 9th. My notes were pulled October 14th, and showed that nothing had been started. On October 23rd, I got the batch email asking for more proof of residency, RPRF fees, etc.

I got DM yesterday, less than a month between when my notes were pulled (that showed nothing started) and my batch email. I have no idea when—between October 15th and November 14th—that the CIC picked up and started working on my things, but it definitely goes to show you that they work quickly once your time has come.

So, GCMS notes may not show you much info, but it could offer a strange sense of peace of mind. They're worth it if that's what you require.

I hope this helps give you a hypothetical timeline. If I were you, I'd wait maybe 2 more months and order notes for the best chance of seeing where your application truly is.

Good luck!
Thank you so much for the info.