04-07-2014
AOR Received.
08-09-2014
File Transfer...
08-09-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
AshleyAnne said:
I think we are all just feeling defeated and tired of waiting. I know I just want this over! I wish I knew what was holding everything up. I HAVE to go home in April, which means I can't be with my husband :( We really thought we would land before that.
totallly with you! what is going on Ottawa!? my boss said he heard something about it on the radio....bah! Anything? Anyone???

Onemoretime

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2014
File Transfer...
08-10-2014
Med's Done....
08-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-04-2015
TWarbus said:
totallly with you! what is going on Ottawa!? my boss said he heard something about it on the radio....bah! Anything? Anyone???
There was a 30 min show on CBC Radio 1 on Monday at 9:00am. Nothing new. Just 3 people interviewed who filed inland and highlighting the slow immigration process.

TWarbus

Nov 17, 2014
BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
AOR Received.
08-09-2014
File Transfer...
08-09-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Onemoretime said:
There was a 30 min show on CBC Radio 1 on Monday at 9:00am. Nothing new. Just 3 people interviewed who filed inland and highlighting the slow immigration process.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/american-man-unable-to-work-in-canada-feels-forgotten-by-government-1.2877072

ya i read some articles too. nothing except that they "don't know why it's taking so long". :( lame.!

KarlR

Star Member
Oct 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
I know how you guys feel with ottawa.

I have been in Canada since December on a visitor visa.

It's good to be with my other half,but she still goes to work all week,while I cant.

Look up "cabin fever" in the dictionary and there'll be a picture of me at home checking my status online for the 100th time in a day

Scotmoose

Star Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-June-2014
File Transfer...
21-August-2014
Med's Done....
08-May-2014
Interview........
N\A
Passport Req..
N\A
VISA ISSUED...
In process as of 23 Jul 2015. COPR received 22 Sep 2015
LANDED..........
?
KarlR said:

It's good to be with my other half,but she still goes to work all week,while I cant.

Look up "cabin fever" in the dictionary and there'll be a picture of me at home checking my status online for the 100th time in a day
I do this in work even when I'm in the UK and my wife is in Canada. ECAS obsession, haha!

TWarbus

Nov 17, 2014
BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
AOR Received.
08-09-2014
File Transfer...
08-09-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Scotmoose said:
I do this in work even when I'm in the UK and my wife is in Canada. ECAS obsession, haha!
Totally each time I expect it to be different and then close the screen disappointed! I'm trying to give myself realistic expectations like "ok if June applicants are seeing something mid-Feb, then maybe we are up for mid-March" but there doesn't seem to be a real formula here...just when they get to us, they get to us! GRRR....! Good luck to all, it's comforting to at least know others are feeling the strain.

AshleyAnne

Dec 8, 2011
Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2014
Doc's Request.
12-18-2014 (Evidence of return to Canada & RTRF)
AOR Received.
28-08-2014
File Transfer...
28-08-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waoved
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR Received April 25th
LANDED..........
ETA May 14
KarlR said:

Same here!
My husband and I thought for sure we would be moving to Canada in March so he didn't get a new job when we came down to the states, so we've both been sitting around doing nothing and going crazy. We spend as much time as we can doing things out of the house... only so much you can do!
I just want to move home and get to work! :(

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
AshleyAnne said:
I think we are all just feeling defeated and tired of waiting. I know I just want this over! I wish I knew what was holding everything up. I HAVE to go home in April, which means I can't be with my husband :( We really thought we would land before that.
You aren't alone... We are all feeling this wait.. I have been traveling back and forth between NY and Canada just to keep my things in order in NY. I was praying to land by now and not have to keep this double life but it doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon. I heard a June 30th applicant received DM. Here is to hoping they move to yours soon!.

mrs.Cam

Aug 17, 2014
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2014
AOR Received.
SA: 19-09-2014
File Transfer...
19-09-2014
Med's Done....
30-06-2014
Passport Req..
08-04-15 (w/ visa validity until 31-7-15; IP 7-4-15)
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-04-15 VOH 07-05-15
LANDED..........
In God's perfect timing.. May 27,2015! <3
Hello.

I think all visa offices became slow now. Our application will be turning 8 months this march and haven't received any update yet. Do you guys think that express entry program is causing this slow down? :(

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
mrs.Cam said:
Hello.

I think all visa offices became slow now. Our application will be turning 8 months this march and haven't received any update yet. Do you guys think that express entry program is causing this slow down? :(
I think thats exactly whats going on. I guess once they finish up with the express entry, they'll move back over to family sponsorship, maybe!? :-\

KarlR

Star Member
Oct 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
saria1 said:
I think thats exactly whats going on. I guess once they finish up with the express entry, they'll move back over to family sponsorship, maybe!? :-\

Is the express entry for a limited time?or is this a new type of visa that is around for good...

mrs.Cam

Aug 17, 2014
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
19-09-2014
Med's Done....
30-06-2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-04-15 VOH 07-05-15
LANDED..........
KarlR said:
Is the express entry for a limited time?or is this a new type of visa that is around for good...
I think this is for good. It started this 2015 where the issuing of visas for spouses became slow.

Most of June 2014 got IPs and DMs last Nov to Dec 2014, in 5-6 months they got their visas already!

I was expecting that come January 2015, July applicants will receive updates, but no update until now. Only few, very few applicants received an update requesting for their passports.

I tried to email them confirming if I still don't have a passport request by this time, I am worried that I just missed the email from their office, they replied that my application is still within processing time and they do not answer inquiries if app is withing processing time.

This waiting is crazy! :'(

KarlR

Star Member
Oct 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
mrs.Cam said:
I think this is for good. It started this 2015 where the issuing of visas for spouses became slow.

Most of June 2014 got IPs and DMs last Nov to Dec 2014, in 5-6 months they got their visas already!

I was expecting that come January 2015, July applicants will receive updates, but no update until now. Only few, very few applicants received an update requesting for their passports.

I tried to email them confirming if I still don't have a passport request by this time, I am worried that I just missed the email from their office, they replied that my application is still within processing time and they do not answer inquiries if app is withing processing time.

This waiting is crazy! :'(

This is BS.

So all of our applications are put on hold because us being allowed to be with our partners isn't as important as some dickhead with a welding ticket that's never even set foot in Canada?!

So if they can't mange to process our applications untill they finish express entry ones (which they will probably never get finished,as these visas arnt going to end.

Jesus hire more staff,you charge us enough for these visas,how about doing some accual work for it?

mrs.Cam

Aug 17, 2014
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
19-09-2014
Med's Done....
30-06-2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-04-15 VOH 07-05-15
LANDED..........
KarlR said:
This is BS.

So all of our applications are put on hold because us being allowed to be with our partners isn't as important as some dickhead with a welding ticket that's never even set foot in Canada?!

So if they can't mange to process our applications untill they finish express entry ones (which they will probably never get finished,as these visas arnt going to end.

Jesus hire more staff,you charge us enough for these visas,how about doing some accual work for it?
Express entry is priority now, well this is just my theory, I can see this is being promoted every now and then on Canadian Embassy Manila facebook page. Maybe they assigned more staff on this stream.. :(

I really just don't get it. I know application is a case to case basis, but comparing to the applicants just a month earlier from us, there's a big gap on the updates.

I just hope we can finally get movements this month. :(

KarlR

Star Member
Oct 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
mrs.Cam said:
Express entry is priority now, well this is just my theory, I can see this is being promoted every now and then on Canadian Embassy Manila facebook page. Maybe they assigned more staff on this stream.. :(

I really just don't get it. I know application is a case to case basis, but comparing to the applicants just a month earlier from us, there's a big gap on the updates.

I just hope we can finally get movements this month. :(

If it's so important to get skilled people into Canada,how come they don't give preference to family class applicants who already have skills?

Really getting sick of how they do things