5 July 2014
Passport Req..
2 Dec 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18 Dec 2014
LANDED..........
15 Jan 2015
TWarbus said:
My husband and I sent our application in on July 2, 2014 - we have heard absolutely NOTHING. No mail/email notification of sponsor approval?

What can be going wrong here?

T
You need to call CIC and if they do t give you any useful information talk to your MP. You should have got sponsorship approval back in August. Try CIC first though, it might have been sent you just didny receive it.

jennifoysol

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2014
AOR Received.
04/11/2014
File Transfer...
13/10/2014
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
January 16th, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
Are there any July applicants whose file is getting processed in Singapore?? Have you received any update recently?
Any update would be much appreciated.

TWarbus

Nov 17, 2014
BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
AOR Received.
08-09-2014
File Transfer...
08-09-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
kiwi123 said:
You need to call CIC and if they do t give you any useful information talk to your MP. You should have got sponsorship approval back in August. Try CIC first though, it might have been sent you just didny receive it.
Thank you for this, just an update! My husband is from USA and I am from BC, Canada. I did get sponsorship approval September 8th! But I goofed on entering my email and I guess they sent all the info to the wrong email address and I didn't realize for the past two months. I checked peoples spreadsheets of applications being processed in Ottawa and looks like average time between SA and landing is about 3 months. If I am reading them right!! YAIII! We could hear something as soon as end of November or December sometime.

SO yes! Glad I called CIC to ask and found out we are well on our way.

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Hola

Well I called CIC this morning for the umpteenth time and the agent said my application is now complete and I should have SA by the middle of Dec. That will be 5 months since I sent it in and then another 9 months once it gets sent to Havana Guess that is a little good news for me. LOL

Annaj

May 28, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2014
Nomination.....
Sponsor approval (SA) : 10-31-2014
AOR Received.
10-31-2014
File Transfer...
Meant to be transferred to Sydney, stayed in Mississauga
Med's Done....
09/09/2014
kiwi123 said:
I just logged in to find decision made as well. I guess I better start checking the mail box.
Hi Kiwi123,

Have you been told by CIC what the rest of your process/time line is looking like now that you have 'decision made'?

I called CIC this morning and they told me that my application has been approved (yay!!) but it will now take about 5-6 :eek: months for the closest visa office (Vancouver, BC) to finalize and set up an appointment to have my sponsor and I to come in with our documents and to officially land.

Which surprised me because i thought that once decision was made, everything else goes along pretty quickly. But then looking at June/July/August/September spreadsheets, it seems that almost nobody has landed even if they got decision made.

So anyone who has had decision made, what is the process after that??

actungbabyk

Star Member
Dec 2, 2010
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-7-14
Doc's Request.
Sent with the application
Nomination.....
No
Hi Guys,

I am basically july applicant, but due to some missing documents, my file is delayed. Today i received an aor from mississauga regarding the receipt of the application. If any one can guide me how long will they take to approve my sponsorship after AOR. I called the CIC callcentre and they say i need to wait another 2 months. Is it true. Has anyone been in this situation. Please advice.

Thanks

kiwi123

Star Member
Jul 9, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 9 2014
AOR Received.
SA - 27 August 2014
Med's Done....
5 July 2014
Passport Req..
2 Dec 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18 Dec 2014
LANDED..........
15 Jan 2015
Annaj said:
Hi Kiwi123,

Have you been told by CIC what the rest of your process/time line is looking like now that you have 'decision made'?

I called CIC this morning and they told me that my application has been approved (yay!!) but it will now take about 5-6 :eek: months for the closest visa office (Vancouver, BC) to finalize and set up an appointment to have my sponsor and I to come in with our documents and to officially land.

Which surprised me because i thought that once decision was made, everything else goes along pretty quickly. But then looking at June/July/August/September spreadsheets, it seems that almost nobody has landed even if they got decision made.

So anyone who has had decision made, what is the process after that??
Looking at the Sydney thread it looks like you should get a PPR email within a week or so, and then COPR around a month. I noticed decision made last Friday still haven't received anything. I think call centre people must lie in bed at night and dream up new ways to frustrate/worry/confuse people. You will be able to land at a border, you won't need a meeting. I'm going back to Nz for Xmas so just hope to have everything by then.

Edit. I notice your application seems to have been kept in Missisauga, that is a whole new animal I know nothing about. But I imagine that has something to do with them saying you will land at immigration office.

kiwi123

Star Member
Jul 9, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 9 2014
AOR Received.
SA - 27 August 2014
Med's Done....
5 July 2014
Passport Req..
2 Dec 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18 Dec 2014
LANDED..........
15 Jan 2015
TWarbus said:
Thank you for this, just an update! My husband is from USA and I am from BC, Canada. I did get sponsorship approval September 8th! But I goofed on entering my email and I guess they sent all the info to the wrong email address and I didn't realize for the past two months. I checked peoples spreadsheets of applications being processed in Ottawa and looks like average time between SA and landing is about 3 months. If I am reading them right!! YAIII! We could hear something as soon as end of November or December sometime.

SO yes! Glad I called CIC to ask and found out we are well on our way.
Good to hear a story when someone received good news from the call centre, usually they just give out frustration and disappointment!!

Christoph100

Jun 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-09-2014 Rcvd 27-09-2014, 29-09-2014
AOR Received.
SA :04-09-2014
File Transfer...
04-09-2014 AOR2 09-23-2014
Med's Done....
05-07-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-04-2015 Validity-10-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
31-05-2015
kiwi123 said:
Good to hear a story when someone received good news from the call centre, usually they just give out frustration and disappointment!!
Yes that is good news...normal response is conflicting information especially when you call a few times with the exact same inquiry.

Annaj

May 28, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2014
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
10-31-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
09/09/2014
kiwi123 said:
Looking at the Sydney thread it looks like you should get a PPR email within a week or so, and then COPR around a month. I noticed decision made last Friday still haven't received anything. I think call centre people must lie in bed at night and dream up new ways to frustrate/worry/confuse people. You will be able to land at a border, you won't need a meeting. I'm going back to Nz for Xmas so just hope to have everything by then.
So once you receive COPR (as a letter in the mail i'm guessing?) you can take that to a border straight away and land? And once you officially land can i work in canada or do I have to wait until I receive the PR card? I'm hoping I can continue working at my job when my Visa expires January 13th! Not to mention my employer is on my back constantly about my status since there is a chance I may not be able to continue working for them. So you are thinking it will be likely that you will be able to land by end of December? I am jealous you get to be in NZ for xmas! I am from NZ and haven't had xmas there since 2008.

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
well I just got off the phone from my MP's office and they called CIC and was told they were processing my spousal application as an inland not outland as it is and will take 10 days to get it processed as outland It is now 5 months and not even a SA This is absolutely ridiculous and someone is incompedant

kiwi123

Star Member
Jul 9, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 9 2014
AOR Received.
SA - 27 August 2014
Med's Done....
5 July 2014
Passport Req..
2 Dec 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18 Dec 2014
LANDED..........
15 Jan 2015
Annaj said:
So once you receive COPR (as a letter in the mail i'm guessing?) you can take that to a border straight away and land? And once you officially land can i work in canada or do I have to wait until I receive the PR card? I'm hoping I can continue working at my job when my Visa expires January 13th! Not to mention my employer is on my back constantly about my status since there is a chance I may not be able to continue working for them. So you are thinking it will be likely that you will be able to land by end of December? I am jealous you get to be in NZ for xmas! I am from NZ and haven't had xmas there since 2008.
Yeah, just take your COPR to a border(I think not all borders so you better check which ones you can go to). I hope to have COPR before we fly out, if not I will just fly somewhere. I'm in Edmonton and have no desire to do a border run from here. After you land you will have to go to service Canada and get a new SIN, then you can work.

Annaj

May 28, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2014
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
10-31-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
09/09/2014
kiwi123 said:
Yeah, just take your COPR to a border(I think not all borders so you better check which ones you can go to). I hope to have COPR before we fly out, if not I will just fly somewhere. I'm in Edmonton and have no desire to do a border run from here. After you land you will have to go to service Canada and get a new SIN, then you can work.
Awesome, thanks for all your help!! You are a star! I will be watching out on here for your COPR update. I will keep my fingers crossed you get it before you fly out :D

the one

Oct 14, 2014
Hello every one,, i just have a question i checked my online application
status today and it said the medical test have been recived , they recive
my sponsorship on 30 july and they sent me the letter of SA
in 19 septemper , so please can u answer me is that a good news for
my application ,thanks u all, and i wish u all speedy reunion to all ur spouses

Antoinetee

Jun 11, 2014
Belgium
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2014
Doc's Request.
30/09/2014
AOR Received.
29/09/2014
File Transfer...
12-09-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2014
Annaj said:
Hi Kiwi123,

So anyone who has had decision made, what is the process after that??d
Hi Annaj
We saw our DM on the Friday and by Wednesday we had the COPR in our hands. It came by mail.
So now we just have to land before May 20 to finalise the process.
Hope this helps
:)