+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JULY 2014 OUTLAND APPLICATIONS!

AJ3000

Jul 8, 2013
From my understanding, security is a background check done by Canada (ie. RCMP, CIC, and/or CSIS) that is beyond the criminal check(s) you sent to CIC. This is the last step before DM.

Criminality is the police clearances you sent.

Related but different. How long a security check takes? No idea.

Celandrius

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 11th. 2014
AOR Received.
SA- August, 28th, 2014
File Transfer...
August 28th, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
April 23rd, 2015
LANDED..........
April 28th, 2015
AshleyAnne said:
I just want to know what it means!
Does it mean there is more than just the copy of the paper saying clear? Just odd to me! ;)

Hopefully everyone see's lots of movement now! I can't even explain the amount of weight off my chest when I started reading others getting IP and now myself having IP is wonderful!!

I'll read the chart for how long until DM.
I know the feeling! When I saw "In process" I nearly fell out of my chair! It's so exciting, if it keeps with an average timeline we should hear DM in about a few weeks. That is hopefully! Fingers crossed!

Christoph100

Jun 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-09-2014 Rcvd 27-09-2014, 29-09-2014
AOR Received.
SA :04-09-2014
File Transfer...
04-09-2014 AOR2 09-23-2014
Med's Done....
05-07-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-04-2015 Validity-10-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
31-05-2015
I know exactly how you feel I received my wife's ppr with validity right on my cell phone at work last week!! Can you say perma smile :D in a few hours she will be heading off to Manila for her appointment for Thursday for issuance.

Chris.

dt-tdot

Star Member
Jul 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Christoph100 said:
I know exactly how you feel I received my wife's ppr with validity right on my cell phone at work last week!! Can you say perma smile :D in a few hours she will be heading off to Manila for her appointment for Thursday for issuance.

Chris.
That's pretty amazing that she's picking up her passport directly from CEM. At least you know, there is no waiting for it.

Will see be attending the necessary CFO orientation? I did ask on a different thread if PDOS or the Guidance Counselling Program (GCP) is needed, do you happen to know.

Cheers!

Christoph100

Jun 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-09-2014 Rcvd 27-09-2014, 29-09-2014
AOR Received.
SA :04-09-2014
File Transfer...
04-09-2014 AOR2 09-23-2014
Med's Done....
05-07-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-04-2015 Validity-10-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
31-05-2015
dt-tdot said:
That's pretty amazing that she's picking up her passport directly from CEM. At least you know, there is no waiting for it.

Will see be attending the necessary CFO orientation? I did ask on a different thread if PDOS or the Guidance Counselling Program (GCP) is needed, do you happen to know.

Cheers!
Yes its nice to know.
As for the PDOS or GCP the only one I know of that is normally needed is the one from the CFO that they stamp in the passport.
However being my wife is leaving the Philippines end of this month and going back to Thailand with out a final destination of Canada on her ticket. She will be staying in Thailand to finish packing and tying up loose ends with her work permits etc.
Then she should be leaving from Thailand to arrive here with another separate itinerary. She will be able to bypass the CFO requirement as CFO is a requirement only from the Philippines to leave that country when coming to Canada.
Just hope when she leaves back for Thailand she doesn't have any trouble at the airport in Manila if they see her Canadian Visa.

Chris.

dt-tdot

Star Member
Jul 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Christoph100 said:
Yes its nice to know.
As for the PDOS or GCP the only one I know of that is normally needed is the one from the CFO that they stamp in the passport.
However being my wife is leaving the Philippines end of this month and going back to Thailand with out a final destination of Canada on her ticket. She will be staying in Thailand to finish packing and tying up loose ends with her work permits etc.
Then she should be leaving from Thailand to arrive here with another separate itinerary. She will be able to bypass the CFO requirement as CFO is a requirement only from the Philippines to leave that country when coming to Canada.
Just hope when she leaves back for Thailand she doesn't have any trouble at the airport in Manila if they see her Canadian Visa.

Chris.
Yes, I've read that you can bypass the CFO requirements like that. Good luck!

Tootarsh14

Sep 8, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July-24-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with app
AOR Received.
Sept-6-2014
Interview........
Hopefully none
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
My ECAS just went into process today. Says that it started on April 13th! Hopefully I will be getting some more good news soon. Good luck to everyone else here, I hope you all get some good news soon too :). Maybe my file was in the same pile as yours Ashley! LOL.

princesstigger

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-July-2014
AOR Received.
never!
File Transfer...
28-Aug-2014 (Sponsor Approval)
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
17-June-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 26-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
COPR 14-Sep-15 LANDED 18-Sep-15
Tootarsh14 said:
My ECAS just went into process today. Says that it started on April 13th! Hopefully I will be getting some more good news soon. Good luck to everyone else here, I hope you all get some good news soon too :). Maybe my file was in the same pile as yours Ashley! LOL.
congrats, almost there!

C.Sullivan

Apr 6, 2015
Tootarsh14 said:
Congrats! They started working on ours April 10th. Seems like they are working through the pile!

Tootarsh14

Sep 8, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July-24-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with app
AOR Received.
Sept-6-2014
Interview........
Hopefully none
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Anyone have any idea how long it takes after "in process" to receive a COPR? Or is it completely random? Just excited to finally see a little end to the tunnel.

KarlR

Star Member
Oct 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Tootarsh14 said:
Anyone have any idea how long it takes after "in process" to receive a COPR? Or is it completely random? Just excited to finally see a little end to the tunnel.

I'm wondering the same thing!as mine went to in process last week :)

It's hard to get an idea from the spreadsheet,as it doesn't look like many people have got "in process" before decision made....plus they are just starting to pick up again so who knows!

All we can really do is keep each other updated I guess!

kcorbin

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2014
Med's Done....
09-06-2014
Im curious, who here are living outside Canada? What's keeping you busy?

Me, I'm already here in BC. =P We couldnt take being in an LDR anymore. Hubby and I have been apart for a year then I got here, we got married, and sent in our application. Didnt leave Canada ever since. Only sucks that hubby's the only one working for the 2 of us. And it sucks not being able to work. I have been volunteering here and there to keep me sane while waiting. But I honestly dont know where to start looking for work once I get my PR. Lol! But this is a good problem. Haha!

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
I'm the sponsor living in Canada and I work full time but with that I have to keep myself busy to avoid having tantrums. My husband is at home in the U.K. getting the house ready to rent out, so that is keeping him busy plus he's working. The main reason for him to stay outside of Canada was the fact he couldn't work and he would go nuts staying at home all day and me working.

Its not easy which ever side you are on just waiting for the go ahead to move on with your life.

Tootarsh14

Sep 8, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July-24-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with app
AOR Received.
Sept-6-2014
Interview........
Hopefully none
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Ya my wife would go nuts staying home and not working / going to school. So we decided to work and wait it out. It is tough either way, haha

Celandrius

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 11th. 2014
AOR Received.
SA- August, 28th, 2014
File Transfer...
August 28th, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
April 23rd, 2015
LANDED..........
April 28th, 2015
I'm with my husband in Canada and he's working. I was never one for going out but man, I'm going stir-crazy.