+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2014 Citizenship Applications

sjardanne

Jan 12, 2007
hi,
after test. there's interview. prepared all IDs and passport. which the interviewer checked.
noticed my 20(maybe) travels to US. and i said oh thats only when i have free time/holidays i go visit my relatives there. asked abt marital status. asked me if i can tell if the interviewer is Chinese or Filipino. i said Chinese.:) (im right).
asked abt myself too. work, etc...then i just saw him writing down the word "verified". and he said i should wait for letter fr 1-2 months. i asked if thats the oath letter. he said yes.
:) then he asked how the test was. i said its tricky. i got 18/20.

GAZZZ

Oct 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/02/2010
Doc's Request.
04/21/2010
Nomination.....
N.A
AOR Received.
08/13/2010 (2th)
IELTS Request
N.A
File Transfer...
N.A
Med's Request
11/28/2011
Med's Done....
12/05/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02/22/2012
VISA ISSUED...
02/23/2012
LANDED..........
02/23/2012
Iebo said:
Congrats Gazzz,

Could you offer more information about the interview? And what about oath date is they will give you oath invitation at the time of interview?

Thanks,
Interview was quite simple and straight forward. the officer just checked the original documents and that's it. it took only 5 minutes and she wrote approved on the folder.
make sure you will have all the original documents and the translation of your passports (the new one and the expired one if they are not in english) with yourself. it'll save a lot of time. get your PR card, Prove of Landing, Health card, Driving licence, your kid's school report, the original passports and the translations (the existing and the expired one), T4 (she didn't ask for it but I red in this fourem somwhere that somebody has been asked for it)

by the way they didn't give me the oath invitation. normally in my office it takes 3 to 4 weeks if the application is straight forward. for special cases no one knows.

Good Luck,
GZ

GAZZZ

Oct 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/02/2010
Doc's Request.
04/21/2010
Nomination.....
N.A
AOR Received.
08/13/2010 (2th)
IELTS Request
N.A
File Transfer...
N.A
Med's Request
11/28/2011
Med's Done....
12/05/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02/22/2012
VISA ISSUED...
02/23/2012
LANDED..........
02/23/2012
djoli said:
Wow! sounds pretty good. What is your local office?
Hamilton.

Iebo

Star Member
Oct 22, 2014
GAZZZ said:
Interview was quite simple and straight forward. the officer just checked the original documents and that's it. it took only 5 minutes and she wrote approved on the folder.
make sure you will have all the original documents and the translation of your passports (the new one and the expired one if they are not in english) with yourself. it'll save a lot of time. get your PR card, Prove of Landing, Health card, Driving licence, your kid's school report, the original passports and the translations (the existing and the expired one), T4 (she didn't ask for it but I red in this fourem somwhere that somebody has been asked for it)

by the way they didn't give me the oath invitation. normally in my office it takes 3 to 4 weeks if the application is straight forward. for special cases no one knows.

Good Luck,
GZ
Thanks GAZZZ, Appreciated.

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
Passed test 20/20. Interview less than 5. We were all told to expect a notification in 3-5 months. No oath letters were issued on the spot to my knowledge (Vancouver office).

sarah180

May 29, 2014
Empirical-Scientist said:
Passed test 20/20. Interview less than 5. We were all told to expect a notification in 3-5 months. No oath letters were issued on the spot to my knowledge (Vancouver office).
Good for you. The officer did not tell me if my application is fine or not. He said if everything ok , you ll hear for oath !

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
sarah180 said:
Good for you. The officer did not tell me if my application is fine or not. He said if everything ok , you ll hear for oath !
Same in my case. They said they'd verify that no drastic change has happened since when we applied etc, but we'll wait and wait and wait and see...

annieann13

Star Member
Jan 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2010
AOR Received.
09-07-2010
File Transfer...
23-06-2010
Med's Done....
02-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2010
LANDED..........
13-01-2011
Hello,

I passed the test! The test was really tricky and the officer interviewed me about5-10 mins. I traveled a lot, so he asked me a lot of questions on that then he said he granted me a citizenship! My office normally takes 1.5 -2 years for the test invitation and he said I was really lucky to get this done within 7 months. I asked a couple of people, who came for the test, they told me that they were waiting for 1.5-2 years to be called for the test!

Now I am waiting for the oath ceremony letter which will be sent to me in a few months but the oath ceremony may happen in late spring or summer. There are not many immigrants here, so they need to have a lot of people first before the oath ceremony will be held.

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
annieann13 said:
Hello,

I passed the test! The test was really tricky and the officer interviewed me about5-10 mins. I traveled a lot, so he asked me a lot of questions on that then he said he granted me a citizenship! My office normally takes 1.5 -2 years for the test invitation and he said I was really lucky to get this done within 7 months. I asked a couple of people, who came for the test, they told me that they were waiting for 1.5-2 years to be called for the test!

Now I am waiting for the oath ceremony letter which will be sent to me in a few months but the oath ceremony may happen in late spring or summer. There are not many immigrants here, so they need to have a lot of people first before the oath ceremony will be held.
Congrats ! which is your local office and did the officer mention why your case was processed so fast ?

Thanks

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
annieann13 said:
Hello,

Congrats. You are the first person in this forum (as far as I know) who said the test was tricky.

Soon to be

Aug 11, 2014
:) I am finally a Canadian Citizen. Thank you all for the information and replies. It was very helpful.
I had my test two days ago and got an oath invite. The ceremony was so nice. good luck to all!

annieann13

Star Member
Jan 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2010
AOR Received.
09-07-2010
File Transfer...
23-06-2010
Med's Done....
02-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2010
LANDED..........
13-01-2011
informatics said:
Congrats ! which is your local office and did the officer mention why your case was processed so fast ?

Thanks
My local office is St. John's. The office did not say anything much. He said that this location took a long time to be called and said I was lucky to be called very quick for this location. My assumption is it is something to do with the Bill-24 that will be enacted soon, so CIC may try to finish the backlog ASAP. Another thing is my case is simple and nothing suspicious since I came in Canada. Maybe that's the reason why I was called for the test quickly.

annieann13

Star Member
Jan 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2010
AOR Received.
09-07-2010
File Transfer...
23-06-2010
Med's Done....
02-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2010
LANDED..........
13-01-2011
OP_POP said:
Congrats. You are the first person in this forum (as far as I know) who said the test was tricky.

Oh, that's what I thought when I did the test.