+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2014 Citizenship Applications

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
veri said:
Hi guys,

I am also a July 2014 applicant and have been monitoring this thread closely for a while now. I just have one quick question - any idea how long does Vancouver office take to schedule a test? My application (family - 2 people) has been in process (according to ECAS) since October 8, 2014 and I still have not got a test date. Any Vancouver applicants with a test date here? I have not got a RQ however I had been traveling quite a lot prior to submitting my application (mostly 1-day US trips - I live just by the borders so I was travelling there all the time - shopping, gas, hiking - at least once a week for the past few years but I always went just for the day).

Thank you and all the luck to all of you.
Wait 1-2 more weeks. Mine was in process since Sept 30, and I got the test invite two weeks ago...

GAZZZ

Oct 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/02/2010
Doc's Request.
04/21/2010
Nomination.....
N.A
AOR Received.
08/13/2010 (2th)
IELTS Request
N.A
File Transfer...
N.A
Med's Request
11/28/2011
Med's Done....
12/05/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02/22/2012
VISA ISSUED...
02/23/2012
LANDED..........
02/23/2012
informatics said:
Congrats ! Would you mind telling which is your local office ?

Thanks
Hamilton

Iebo

Star Member
Oct 22, 2014
GAZZZ said:
Congrats Gazzz

Just a question, I am also from Hamilton and my processing started 15 Dec 2014 but I want ask you did you have a fourth line in your Ecas said that your file was transferred to local office in certain date or just you have three lines? If you have transferred line can you tell me when was your file was transferred to Hamilton office?

Thanks,

Fukecas

Jan 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Iebo said:
Congrats Gazzz

Just a question, I am also from Hamilton and my processing started 15 Dec 2014 but I want ask you did you have a fourth line in your Ecas said that your file was transferred to local office in certain date or just you have three lines? If you have transferred line can you tell me when was your file was transferred to Hamilton office?

Thanks,
I have been told by the CIC that my file has been transferred to Hamilton but I still don't have access to ECAS. Could be a much longer wait for me being on the new routine.

tracker4u

Nov 1, 2009
Hi Guys

I so happy :) :) right now! Just got in the mail my oath letter to attend citizenship ceremony scheduled for 16th Feb, 2015 in Halifax. I did the test and interview on Jan 14th 2015.

Time line - July 22nd, 2014 - Feb 16th 2015.

GAZZZ

Oct 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/02/2010
Doc's Request.
04/21/2010
Nomination.....
N.A
AOR Received.
08/13/2010 (2th)
IELTS Request
N.A
File Transfer...
N.A
Med's Request
11/28/2011
Med's Done....
12/05/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02/22/2012
VISA ISSUED...
02/23/2012
LANDED..........
02/23/2012
Iebo said:
Congrats Gazzz

Thanks,
Thanks.

No there is not any line in ECAS to show transferring to the local office.
But I think in process means your file has been already transferred to local office. This is based on the official citizenship website!

I think you will get test letter between 3 to 4 months from the date of transferring. This guess is based on the average processing time in Hamilton office. Or may get it sooner :). You never know.

Case by case is really different.

Iebo

Star Member
Oct 22, 2014
GAZZZ said:
Thanks.

No there is not any line in ECAS to show transferring to the local office.
But I think in process means your file has been already transferred to local office. This is based on the official citizenship website!

I think you will get test letter between 3 to 4 months from the date of transferring. This guess is based on the average processing time in Hamilton office. Or may get it sooner :). You never know.

Case by case is really different.
Thanks Gazzz

sarah180

May 29, 2014
Hello July applicants,

I have had my citizenship test Jan 6th 2015, and still havent heard from CIC for the oath ceremony. I know I passed the test but I did not translate the stamp on my passport showing the date for my only trip outside of canada during the past four years. I am worried that might cause the problem. The officer did not mention it at all. Any body had similar story? Does anyone here have the experience of hearing from a cic judge?

I appreciate any help.

Sarah

Canad87

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
sarah180 said:
Hello July applicants,

I have had my citizenship test Jan 6th 2015, and still havent heard from CIC for the oath ceremony. I know I passed the test but I did not translate the stamp on my passport showing the date for my only trip outside of canada during the past four years. I am worried that might cause the problem. The officer did not mention it at all. Any body had similar story? Does anyone here have the experience of hearing from a cic judge?

I appreciate any help.

Sarah
What office you are ?

In my case the office has not mentioned any thing about my stamp, also she told me that she signed off my file ( I am approved), so if you officer told you the same thing then you should relax ... what the officer said at the end of your interview ?

sarah180

May 29, 2014
Canad87 said:
What office you are ?

In my case the office has not mentioned any thing about my stamp, also she told me that she signed off my file ( I am approved), so if you officer told you the same thing then you should relax ... what the officer said at the end of your interview ?
Vancouver office. She did not mention anything. She said if everything is ok , I ll be asked to attend the oath ceremony between 3-5 months. But she did not mention if I am approved or not.

sarah180

May 29, 2014
Canad87 said:
What office you are ?

The only thing she said was that I passed the test 20 out of 20. I had all my tax return and proof that I have been working entire time I was in Canda.

GAZZZ

Oct 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/02/2010
Doc's Request.
04/21/2010
Nomination.....
N.A
AOR Received.
08/13/2010 (2th)
IELTS Request
N.A
File Transfer...
N.A
Med's Request
11/28/2011
Med's Done....
12/05/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02/22/2012
VISA ISSUED...
02/23/2012
LANDED..........
02/23/2012
sarah180 said:
Hello July applicants,

I appreciate any help.

Sarah
I'm not sure but I think I've seen it in this furem before that Vancouver office is pretty fast in inviting for test but it takes them 1 to 2 months to issue oath letter.
I think you don't need to be worried.

NAFTA.couple

Star Member
Jan 16, 2011
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
05-04-11
LANDED..........
23-05-11
Progress! Today I see the 4th line in the eCAS status:
"Your file was transferred to the office responsible for your area on January 29, 2015. The office responsible for your area will contact you."

That took 3 weeks from In Progress.

< big smile >

TRM2011

Star Member
Aug 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
18-09-2012
File Transfer...
10-10-2012
Med's Done....
04-08-2012
Passport Req..
19-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-02-2013
Hi Guys...

Here is my timeline:

Application received by CIC - March 6, 2014
Started Processing - April 23, 2014
Transferred to Local office (Mississauga) - August 2014
Test date - January 30, 2015 (letter dated January 6, 2015)
Oath date - February 6, 2015

When I wrote my test in Mississauga, there were people who had applied in August 2014 who wrote the test with me. After the test, almost all of the people who wrote the test got an oath letter for the same ceremony. It was quite dramatic as to how the CIC staff revealed this news to us. The test was super easy and the CIC staff are quite nice.

For the interview, I was asked about my travel (I have quite a bit of travel due to work and family), about my general background, about my family, about all the places I have lived in my life. Since I have a lot of travel, the interviewer had to spend some time to match all the stamps to all the absences as per my application form. I had sent in some extra paperwork due to the absences and tried to make it as clear as possible in my application.

Good luck people!

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had an extra line on my eCas today! It's showing the file transfer to the local office twice !!
:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 16, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 29, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 9, 2015.

Your file was transferred to the Montréal office on January 15, 2015. The Montréal office will contact you.

Any clues ?

Your file was transferred to the Montréal office on January 29, 2015. The Montréal office will contact you.