+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2014 Citizenship Applications

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
andyhuhero said:
I just don't understand why they make the whole citizenship application process so tricky and inhuman. It's 2014 and still communicate via mail? Can they just check whether every application incomplete or not once it arrives there and then inform us by email? So our applicants can receive the responses ASAP instead of wasting two months and restart from 0. By the way i don't think i need to be polite to bureaucratism. I am a full-time empolyee as well. I am responsible for my job and i dedicate myself to Canada. Unlike those spoiled government employees, they earn high salary and work low efficiently. I bet those CIC employees will be definitely fired if they work in my company. So if you ask me again, i will still send the same f word to them.
Well, my application was returned too, because I didn't write a letter of explanation that I didn't extend my passport when expired. I was also very sad, but think again, they have stated clearly, that they would return your application as incomplete if documents are not sufficient, and they never stated to contact you to further complete it. So you know it in advance.
Just stay cool, 2 months is not a big deal. Better check again everything, to make sure you don't get RQ (Ridiculous Queue). This one will make you wait for another 10+ months. After all, the process now is much faster than 1 or 2 years ago. To help you ease your tension when waiting, put it this way : this is just a license to vote and visa waiver, everything else is the same, so no rush.

andyhuhero

Jan 16, 2013
BLT said:
Well, my application was returned too, because I didn't write a letter of explanation that I didn't extend my passport when expired. I was also very sad, but think again, they have stated clearly, that they would return your application as incomplete if documents are not sufficient, and they never stated to contact you to further complete it. So you know it in advance.
Just stay cool, 2 months is not a big deal. Better check again everything, to make sure you don't get RQ (Ridiculous Queue). This one will make you wait for another 10+ months. After all, the process now is much faster than 1 or 2 years ago. To help you ease your tension when waiting, put it this way : this is just a license to vote and visa waiver, everything else is the same, so no rush.
yeah. That's true. I feel calm down now. lol Thanks for the consolation, man. By the way, how could i resubmit the application? Should i just simply enclose my first year transcript with the package CIC returned to me? Or should i redo everything ,fill the application form again (hopefully the form is still the same), recalculate the time and take another two pictures? I notice there are two options for me to choose in the return letter. If I choose option one, does that mean i don't need to pay for application fee and print out the receipt any more?

gtareddy

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
surrey11 said:
Hi, everyone. I checked my ECAS today, and this came up:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 29, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 29, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on September 22, 2014.
Hi surrey11,
Congratulations..

zwt10

Aug 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
andyhuhero said:
I just don't understand why they make the whole citizenship application process so tricky and inhuman. It's 2014 and still communicate via mail? Can they just check whether every application incomplete or not once it arrives there and then inform us by email? So our applicants can receive the responses ASAP instead of wasting two months and restart from 0. By the way i don't think i need to be polite to bureaucratism. I am a full-time empolyee as well. I am responsible for my job and i dedicate myself to Canada. Unlike those spoiled government employees, they earn high salary and work low efficiently. I bet those CIC employees will be definitely fired if they work in my company. So if you ask me again, i will still send the same f word to them.
LOL I feel your pain and frustration brother, you just outlined exactly how my spouse feels about this CIC thing it cracked me up :D

Cancan_2014

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
andyhuhero said:
still need to be within resonable lqnguage boundaries my frind. Dont giv up and send it again with what is required. Getting angry is not going to do any good

goood_day

Jul 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally, I can see my ECAS Now

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 21, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 21, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on September 24, 2014.

Good Luck all July Applicants :) :) :) :)

surrey11

Sep 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gtareddy said:
Hi surrey11,
Congratulations..
Thanks, gtareddy! Just hang in there. Everything will work out fine eventually at the appropriate time.

goraya_40

May 29, 2014
Application sent 16 July 2014
received cic 18 July 2014
in process 27 September 2014
what's the next process when they send application local office

johoja

Sep 29, 2014
Got my application returned to me - forgot to sign the online calculator printout :(

Does anyone known if I can

1) sign the form and just resubmit the application?
2) do I end up being a September applicant - do I go back to the end of the line....

gtareddy

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
johoja said:
Got my application returned to me - forgot to sign the online calculator printout :(

2) do I end up being a September applicant - do I go back to the end of the line....
Exactly same case as mine. I signed but didn't put date on it and my appl returned back. I resubmitted the same application. No it will end up as Sep application.
When was your appl received by CIC?

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
johoja said:

sign the calc printout then tick the covering letter that CIC send it to you together with your return paper. When they receive your papers then only that is your date of application ;D October maybe

johoja

Sep 29, 2014
gtareddy said:
Exactly same case as mine. I signed but didn't put date on it and my appl returned back. I resubmitted the same application. No it will end up as Sep application.
When was your appl received by CIC?
Damn stupid mistake oh well. My application had a stamp that said received July 14th.

I just signed the missing signature and sent it out again

Will probably end up getting there in October so we should move over to the October thread then I guess :(

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ur not alone mine i submitted on July 2013, Received back September 2013(i forgot to attached one of my school record) Sent mid of October and the ECAS shows Received the application November 20, 2013 :p

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here is the good news for everybody.

Those kind of mistakes used to trigger RQ, now it seems CIC is operates a bit differently and returns applications when incomplete. This doesnt mean the returned wont get RQ but it decreases the chances of getting one. The other good news is that files are being opened within 2 months from the date receieved, and incomplete applications are being flagged sooner. CIC was never that consistent, some applied earlier and receieved AOR and communications later than others.

Does that make people happy? Probably not but still most people agree that the process and efficiency has improved since the beginning of the year.