+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2014 Citizenship Applications

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
Scared to post update now. Some people are being unsatisfied and think that everybody applied later shouldn't get good news before they get it, and will use the post as a miserable comparison.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BLT said:
Scared to post update now. Some people are being unsatisfied and think that everybody applied later shouldn't get good news before they get it, and will use the post as a miserable comparison.
That will always be the case, people will find all reasons to cry. Less than a year ago people were getting AOR no less than 6 months after they apply. Now they receive it in 2-3 months... Still crying.

carluccio

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanV said:
That will always be the case, people will find all reasons to cry. Less than a year ago people were getting AOR no less than 6 months after they apply. Now they receive it in 2-3 months... Still crying.
crying :'(

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BLT said:
well not always the case. :)
personally, if an app gets processed and finalized fast, there is one less in the system so my case might go thru faster.
saw that april people are starting to get test dates. so reasonably we should expect a test date within this year.

nina.roy

Star Member
Dec 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jrjayl said:
personally, if an app gets processed and finalized fast, there is one less in the system so my case might go thru faster.
saw that april people are starting to get test dates. so reasonably we should expect a test date within this year.
Are you saying that citizenship applications submitted this year in July 2014, might get test dates end of this year itself? I thought it takes a minimum of 1 year for that correct? Pls enlighten.

Ronaldo Da Lima 89

Star Member
Aug 2, 2014
jrjayl said:
Just called CIC, what the agent told me was consistent with the June 2014 post:

As per the new process, (most likely with applicants sending out app after July), some applicants will no longer receive a book but rather an email which functions as the AOR.
She told me the application is in CIC system and considered in process but she cannot verify if it has been assigned to an officer. And she cannot give an estimate on how long I should expect the ECAS to show up.
"The next letter you would receive in mail should be the test invitation", she said, "so you might want to start studying the book."
Thank you very much for your comment.

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
jrjayl said:
Few of the June 2014 applicants have laready got test dates .Please check thread for June 2014 applicants at the same forum.

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
june applicants no but april applicants yes.
i meant by the end of this year we should expect a test date.

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
jrjayl said:
june applicants no but april applicants yes.
i meant by the end of this year we should expect a test date.
Trust me, my friend, many have gotten test invitation for end of October to mid of November. Not every case in processed the same way, and not every office is the same speed. But in general, June's applicants will go for their test the latest in December (not invitation, but the real test).

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BLT said:
Trust me, my friend, many have gotten test invitation for end of October to mid of November. Not every case in processed the same way, and not every office is the same speed. But in general, June's applicants will go for their test the latest in December (not invitation, but the real test).
hope everybody gets test date fast.
and i am just curious ... is anyone who received an Email AOR able to check ECAS online?

nina.roy

Star Member
Dec 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BLT said:
I'm going on a long vacation to Oman and India from 1st Oct to March 2015 (as I'm on maternity leave). Since I'm a July 2014 applicant, does that mean I will have to be back sooner as I will be given test date before I come back? Pls advice.

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
nina.roy said:
I'm going on a long vacation to Oman and India from 1st Oct to March 2015 (as I'm on maternity leave). Since I'm a July 2014 applicant, does that mean I will have to be back sooner as I will be given test date before I come back? Pls advice.
I highly recommend you refrain from traveling. Since you are a July 2014 applicant, you may either receive a notice to appear for the test by the end of this year, on a pre-test RQ. If you are not here, you risk your application. Even if you were to take off and, say, you were to receive your test notice after you return in March, you would probably get a post-test RQ just for your itinerary…

nina.roy

Star Member
Dec 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Empirical-Scientist said:
I highly recommend you refrain from traveling. Since you are a July 2014 applicant, you may either receive a notice to appear for the test by the end of this year, on a pre-test RQ. If you are not here, you risk your application. Even if you were to take off and, say, you were to receive your test notice after you return in March, you would probably get a post-test RQ just for your itinerary...
I've fullfilled the minimum residence requirement, where does it say I cannot take a long vacation whilst i'm on mat leave. Im paying taxes even whilst I'm on EI. So why would that be an issue? I thought the issue was for people who worked abroad whilst on PR.

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
nina.roy said:
I've fullfilled the minimum residence requirement, where does it say I cannot take a long vacation whilst i'm on mat leave. Im paying taxes even whilst I'm on EI. So why would that be an issue? I thought the issue was for people who worked abroad whilst on PR.
It's not written anywhere, it's just wisdom, so to speak. You are a free person, so feel free to travel. My duty here on the forum is primarily egoistic (to gather information for my own sake), but it is sometimes altruistic (to advise you to refrain from taking any actions which might raise the suspicion levels of the high-school graduate who will review your case).

venkyshanky23

Aug 8, 2009
Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 25, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 25, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on September 17, 2014.