Ottawa-applicant

Apr 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chalin said:
Hi people,

I have a question...

How can I request the "notes"?
here you go budd: ( credit to Clark from previous post)

You should have applied under Privacy Act and since you are in Canada you needn't pay anything as well.

Check the below Steps for requesting GCMS notes ( Point 10 in your case ) :-

Find below some useful info.

1. Visit https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en
2. Scroll down and check the box "I have read, understood and agree with the above Privacy Notice." and Submit.
3. Select CIC from the drop down. (first field)
4. Select Individual/Corportation present in Canada (Second drop down)
5. Fill in your details (Self explanatory)
6. Select Member of public for "Select the category that best describes you"
7. select "E-mail" for "How would you prefer to receive the requested records" ( choose the mode you are comfortable with)
8. Continue to next page.
9. You dont need to attach any additional documents, unless you want to prove something.
10. Select Privacy Act in next page
11. Submit the final request. Once you submitted the request, wait for one month.

Credit please hit +1 if I answered your question

cheers

kand05

Mar 4, 2015
New update on my status:

1. We have received your application for PR on July 17th, 2014
2. We started processing your application on June2, 2015
3. Medical results have been received. --> Added today 8)

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kand05 said:
New update on my status:

1. We have received your application for PR on July 17th, 2014
2. We started processing your application on June2, 2015
3. Medical results have been received. --> Added today 8)
great ! they already started working this morning..

Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I need your suggestion here.

Myself and my husband applied for PR independently under CEC last year before our marriage.
We got married in June and updated CIC about this- Sent an email by my husband email id and keeping my email id in CC with all the required information which includes both of our AOR numbers, submission date and status on our applications,wedding photos, marriage CERTIFICATE.They have not asked any other information after that.

After 15 days of our email to them, my husband got passport request which he sent out and got his passport back with stamping.In the letter (confirmation of permanent resident ) they provide along with that is still showing his martial status as single.

Please advise if we need to send an any email to them again to update his martial status in that confirmation of permanent resident letter.

Chalin

Jun 8, 2015
Hi there,

My husband applied for 1st time on 2012 and he was rejected. We applied on 2014 when he got all the paperwork done correctly. We have been checking the status of the application on ECAS since May 2015 and since then the only application that showed up was the one on 2014 (the one that's currently open and "In process".
The CIC made an update On ECAS during the weekend, but they uploaded the data from the previous PR application (2012) it obviously says "decision Made" and we all now it wasn't good.

So, if somebody has an insight about this or have heard something like this before, I'll appreciate if you can share it with us.

Thanks,

maniayyappan

Mar 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-July-2014
AOR Received.
02-October-2014
Med's Request
02-April-2015
Med's Done....
14-April-2015 for self and 12-July-2015 for wife due to pregnancy
Passport Req..
14-July-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-July-2015
LANDED..........
12-August-2015, PR Cards Received on 01 Oct 2015
Hello, Is it mandatory to send email to CIC about the new born Canadian child ? When I received PPR, I did send a copy of his birth certificate, my passport and my wife's passport together to CPC-Ottawa. I also attached a cover letter to them explaining where my son was born and when. The very next day my passport package reached Ottawa, ECAS got updated to Decision Made so I am worried if they would have noted down my son's details or not. Thanks

c2h5oh

Apr 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2014
Doc's Request.
21-02-2015
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
Med's Request
11-02-2015
Med's Done....
24-02-2015
Passport Req..
visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2016
LANDED..........
15-02-2016
If the child was born in Canada then there is no need to notify CIC - the child is automatically a citizen and will not be included on CORP

maniayyappan

Mar 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-July-2014
AOR Received.
02-October-2014
Med's Request
02-April-2015
Med's Done....
14-April-2015 for self and 12-July-2015 for wife due to pregnancy
Passport Req..
14-July-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-July-2015
LANDED..........
12-August-2015, PR Cards Received on 01 Oct 2015
c2h5oh said:
If the child was born in Canada then there is no need to notify CIC - the child is automatically a citizen and will not be included on CORP
Yes He is. Thanks for replying.

rewolf

Aug 20, 2014
Just now my ECAS status changed to

4. A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

But I haven't received PPR email yet.
I think people receive PPR email first then get ECAS status changed.

so I get rejected?

d.revisited

Aug 14, 2014
Hi Guys,
When going for the Landing we need to take photos with us.
In the letter of appointment for landing, they have mentioned following for the photos along with other photo specifications:
"be on photographic paper that has a backing which accepts and retains the date. Photos without this backing are not acceptable"

Do you guys have any idea, what does this mean?

ray_dave

Oct 14, 2014
Hello All

I just recd my PPR (which was through my immigration lawyer)
When I asked him that should I send him the passport right away, he said "meet me first, there is something called settlement of funds from CIC to be completed"

Is that normal or he's trying to double cross me for money?
I have paid all his fees.
Please let me know.

Thank You!

alyahmed

Oct 2, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ray_dave said:
Hello All

I just recd my PPR (which was through my immigration lawyer)
When I asked him that should I send him the passport right away, he said "meet me first, there is something called settlement of funds from CIC to be completed"

Is that normal or he's trying to double cross me for money?
I have paid all his fees.
Please let me know.

Thank You!
Reading all the posts from people who have already landed. Non of them mentioned anything about settlement of funds. CIC officers ask on the borders if you have any valuables that you want to declare before landing. my understanding is that you're allowed to declare valuables you own prior to landing and they will be tax free.
maybe he wants to explain that to you.

ray_dave

Oct 14, 2014
Thank You alyahmed!

Lets see what he's trying to say.
I'll post if its something significant. He did say, he has to do last formality and put in a cover letter stating that he's now no longer representative for further communications.

Oh yeah. One thing to all, there is an average 3 months delay when you send in any additional documents.
For e.g. I sent my Paystubs and NOA on April 20 and they started processing my application on July 15, 2015. So everyone who are waiting for PPR, be patient and all the best!