Med's Done....
22-04-2015
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
Sept 30, 2015
fhamdani said:
hi

I hope to go to school for my masters which starts September 10. Do you think it is reasonable to expect that my file will be approved by then?

My timeline is:

Application received July 29
Credit Card charged: Oct 10
AOR Received: Oct 14
Medicals done: 15 Apr

Im still waiting on my bridge permit to come through as well so cant apply for a study permit just yet either.

Any recommendations / advice?

Thanks all.

Everything should be done by the end of July if things go smooth :)

Chalin

Jun 8, 2015
fhamdani said:
hi

I hope to go to school for my masters which starts September 10. Do you think it is reasonable to expect that my file will be approved by then?

My timeline is:

Application received July 29
Credit Card charged: Oct 10
AOR Received: Oct 14
Medicals done: 15 Apr

Im still waiting on my bridge permit to come through as well so cant apply for a study permit just yet either.

Any recommendations / advice?

Thanks all.
Same sutuation here, I've decided to apply for the study permit, just in case. After all the time and money we have put on this I dont want to risk everything just for loosing the valid status. I'm also preparing myself to pay tuition fee insted of domestic fee :mad:

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
Congrats everyone who have become Canadian Permanent Resident.. some of us including myself are still going through the frustration of not hearing anything from CIC.. only communication i got was on May 14 asking for T4 and NOA for 2014 which i provided.. got their confirmation on 1 june.. since then no correspondence.. also applied 2 different application notes on 31 march and 5 may (received on 29 april and 3 june respectively) but both had no text in them which seemed as if my file has not even been touched.. It kept saying Criminality is in progress.. my spouse is in Pakistan and perhaps one of the reason for delay.. do u guys suggest i apply for case notes again for the third time? we hv done pre-medical and second line for medical received is there but anxiously waiting for me.. enough of my ranting and hoping to hear some kind words to keep me going :)..
Cheers!

fhamdani

Oct 30, 2012
Chalin said:
Same sutuation here, I've decided to apply for the study permit, just in case. After all the time and money we have put on this I dont want to risk everything just for loosing the valid status. I'm also preparing myself to pay tuition fee insted of domestic fee :mad:
Im afraid that when I do apply for the student permit (i cant just yet) that will be too late either as it is 87 days for processing time. :eek:

These things are so ridiculously slow.

Shank_p

Sep 3, 2014
Hi All,

Just got my passport request.

Can somebody please let me know if its OK to mention a different address than your mailing address on your passport return label. Do they verify and match with your mailing address.

Thanks

quecumquevera

Jan 29, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-07-2014
AOR Received.
12-09-2014
Med's Request
20-03-2015
Med's Done....
25-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-06-2015
LANDED..........
23-06-2015
I have landed today by a land port of entry. The process was smooth.

One thing a Canadian border officer stressed and would appreciate relaying to other successful applicants was that all new PRs already resident in Canada should make an appointment with the CIC call centre to land at a CIC office. This is on the instruction sheet mailed with the COPR. Landing at the border is only for people arriving from other countries for the first time, or those who could not schedule an appointment for some reason or other.

I was granted an exemption and allowed to land as my work permit was expiring in 2 weeks (cutting it close!) and that was too little time to schedule an appointment. The officer who processed my landing was friendly and welcoming.

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
What a crock of shit - no reasonable officer would make such a comment.

Did you land at Lewiston?

quecumquevera said:
I have landed today by a land port of entry. The process was smooth.

One thing a Canadian border officer stressed and would appreciate relaying to other successful applicants was that all new PRs already resident in Canada should make an appointment with the CIC call centre to land at a CIC office. This is on the instruction sheet mailed with the COPR. Landing at the border is only for people arriving from other countries for the first time, or those who could not schedule an appointment for some reason or other.

I was granted an exemption and allowed to land as my work permit was expiring in 2 weeks (cutting it close!) and that was too little time to schedule an appointment. The officer who processed my landing was friendly and welcoming.

quecumquevera

Jan 29, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-07-2014
AOR Received.
12-09-2014
Med's Request
20-03-2015
Med's Done....
25-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-06-2015
LANDED..........
23-06-2015
Amisnic said:
What a crock of *censored word* - no reasonable officer would make such a comment.
Actually, it's right there in the instructions sent by CIC with the COPR. Landing at the border for residents should only be done if, and I quote the document "Confirmation of Permanent Residence instructions v.2" page 3 verbatim, if you are not able to arrange an appointment.

It's not unreasonable to expect immigrants to follow immigration procedures and instructions.

People making honest mistakes and mis-reading the document, okay... (seriously, mis-reading such an important document?) but people attempting to circumvent instructions and misleading others because of a sense of entitlement or thinking they know better than the border officers who've handled hundreds of PR landings for years... they've lost my respect, and as a landing immigrant, I feel angry to be associated with such disgraces. If they get in, it's out of the kindness of the border officer and they should be grateful, but if they get a hard time, while I do feel sorry for them, I think they deserve it.

theverma

May 7, 2012
Hello Friends,

I received my Ready for Visa email today. I have a baby born in Canada after i applied for PR in July 2014 from inside canada. I had informed CPC Ottawa about status change and provided baby's birth certificate last year in Nov, 2014 . Now as i have to send passport all family members, do i need to send passport of my baby who is already a canadian citizen? or just my and my spouse's passport?

Thanks in advance !!!

rishav

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2014
AOR Received.
12-09-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
17-03-2015
Med's Done....
19-03-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2015
LANDED..........
13-06-2015
Congrats to everyone who landed as PR. :p :p :p

fenwick100

Star Member
Dec 11, 2013
quecumquevera said:
Actually, it's right there in the instructions sent by CIC with the COPR. Landing at the border for residents should only be done if, and I quote the document "Confirmation of Permanent Residence instructions v.2" page 3 verbatim, if you are not able to arrange an appointment.

It's not unreasonable to expect immigrants to follow immigration procedures and instructions.

People making honest mistakes and mis-reading the document, okay... (seriously, mis-reading such an important document?) but people attempting to circumvent instructions and misleading others because of a sense of entitlement or thinking they know better than the border officers who've handled hundreds of PR landings for years... they've lost my respect, and as a landing immigrant, I feel angry to be associated with such disgraces. If they get in, it's out of the kindness of the border officer and they should be grateful, but if they get a hard time, while I do feel sorry for them, I think they deserve it.
You are being very dramatic.

sam001

Apr 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2014
AOR Received.
15-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-04-2015
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
Sept 30, 2015
Chalin said:
To the best of my knowledge as soon as you have positive eligibility for your PR schools consider you as a domestic student and you will have to pay domestic fee. I would say call your university and discuss this. At least UWO does this I can say that.

fhamdani

Oct 30, 2012
sam001 said:
To the best of my knowledge as soon as you have positive eligibility for your PR schools consider you as a domestic student and you will have to pay domestic fee. I would say call your university and discuss this. At least UWO does this I can say that.
what do you exactly mean by positive eligibility? How does one prove that?

Also, at what point of the PR process do you stop requiring a student permit?

sam001

Apr 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2014
AOR Received.
15-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-04-2015
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
Sept 30, 2015
fhamdani said:
what do you exactly mean by positive eligibility? How does one prove that?

Also, at what point of the PR process do you stop requiring a student permit?
I am not sure about study permit. but I have known people who paid domestic tuition just showing their AOR emails. They had their valid study permit so can't say what you will need as your work permit is also expiring. I would recommend to contact the international student center of your school.

kagaya

Star Member
Jan 13, 2014
sam001 said:
I am not sure about study permit. but I have known people who paid domestic tuition just showing their AOR emails. They had their valid study permit so can't say what you will need as your work permit is also expiring. I would recommend to contact the international student center of your school.
I went back to school while my application was in process. I did have a study permit at that point.
My school took a copy of my AOR email and my study permit then gave me domestic status at school, and they told me they did not care if I have a study permit or not (seem weird but you need to double check in case you do not have study permit by September) since they consider me a domestic student with AOR (study permit just to verify the client ID).
Just contact your international office (they are useless in my spouse's case) and your registrar office (they are the one to decide if you are eligible for domestic fees).
Good luck