+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July - 2014 Applications

simer gill

Aug 14, 2014
Hi all,

I got my passport back on Friday and did landing process on Sunday.
Landing went well , it took me 5 minutes on US side and and 10 Minutes.
It took me no more than 15 Minutes for the all process on "North Portal Border".

Good Luck all

Have a nice day :)

Ottawa-applicant

Apr 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
simer gill said:
Hi all,

I got my passport back on Friday and did landing process on Sunday.
Landing went well , it took me 5 minutes on US side and and 10 Minutes.
It took me no more than 15 Minutes for the all process on "North Portal Border".

Good Luck all

Have a nice day :)
congrats budd.. how was your experience?

krishg

Aug 2, 2014
Hi All,

Just wanted to share my landing experience on Fort Erie, Niagara border.. On Sunday, June 21, 2015.

I am July 17 applicant and got my passport back on last Tuesday.

Went for landing around 3 PM.

I was thinking to walk the bridge but could not figure out from where to start, where to park my car etc.. so ended up with driving.

Traffic was not too bad at the US side.

At my windows:
CBP Officer: Why you came here?
I: For flagpoling
He: What?
I: Flagpoling for Immigration purpose
He: Do you have Visa?
I: Yes, I do

I applied in NY school back in 2010, so he asked me few questions on it and later advised me to go to CBP building for second screening which was expected. Everytime I visit New York, I have to go through second screening because of error they have in their system. In their database, I am still student for them but I never went to school in NY. After 3 questions in CBP bulding, officer told me to take an u-turn and handed me white paper and he personally came to u-turn point to drop us off as my wife didnt have an US visa.

Most important and the question everybody ask in the forum:

I asked to officer that If I apply for visitor visa for my wife in the future, what should I say in the question: Have you ever been denied entry or visa to United States?

He was very nice officer. He smiled and replied me back:

I like what you asked for your future concern. Well, you need to say No at that time because we are not denying your entry to the US but we are approving your withdraw application to enter in the US and you are withdrawing due to legit Immigration process which is valid process for both of us agency. We are not making any bad record on both of your profiles. The only thing we need to correct is to remove your SAVIS record for the school so you dont have to go through second screening everytime. Dont worry and party hard with your new status in Canada.

I was like Really..?? I thanked him and took an u-turn to Canada.

At Canada side:
I was under impression by other members in this forum that CBSA officers at our side are very rude and not supportive. But it is not true. The officer I had was very very friendly and very supportive. He asked me very very few questions which like they have to ask as per the process. He congratulated us and thats it. It took around 10 minutes at Canada side. He told me at the end that if PR card will not arrive in some days(72 days as of CIC website), dont be panic and wait yourself. We have previous backlog to clear.

He dint ask me for anything. (Like few member reported about fund, employment letter etc)

Good luck everyone.

clark kent

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2014
AOR Received.
04-09-2014
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
11-03-2015
Passport Req..
02-06-2015
LANDED..........
04-07-2015
krishg said:
Hi All,

Just wanted to share my landing experience on Fort Erie, Niagara border.. On Sunday, June 21, 2015.

I am July 17 applicant and got my passport back on last Tuesday.

Went for landing around 3 PM.

I was thinking to walk the bridge but could not figure out from where to start, where to park my car etc.. so ended up with driving.

Traffic was not too bad at the US side.

At my windows:
CBP Officer: Why you came here?
I: For flagpoling
He: What?
I: Flagpoling for Immigration purpose
He: Do you have Visa?
I: Yes, I do

I applied in NY school back in 2010, so he asked me few questions on it and later advised me to go to CBP building for second screening which was expected. Everytime I visit New York, I have to go through second screening because of error they have in their system. In their database, I am still student for them but I never went to school in NY. After 3 questions in CBP bulding, officer told me to take an u-turn and handed me white paper and he personally came to u-turn point to drop us off as my wife didnt have an US visa.

Most important and the question everybody ask in the forum:

I asked to officer that If I apply for visitor visa for my wife in the future, what should I say in the question: Have you ever been denied entry or visa to United States?

He was very nice officer. He smiled and replied me back:

I like what you asked for your future concern. Well, you need to say No at that time because we are not denying your entry to the US but we are approving your withdraw application to enter in the US and you are withdrawing due to legit Immigration process which is valid process for both of us agency. We are not making any bad record on both of your profiles. The only thing we need to correct is to remove your SAVIS record for the school so you dont have to go through second screening everytime. Dont worry and party hard with your new status in Canada.

I was like Really..?? I thanked him and took an u-turn to Canada.

At Canada side:
I was under impression by other members in this forum that CBSA officers at our side are very rude and not supportive. But it is not true. The officer I had was very very friendly and very supportive. He asked me very very few questions which like they have to ask as per the process. He congratulated us and thats it. It took around 10 minutes at Canada side. He told me at the end that if PR card will not arrive in some days(72 days as of CIC website), dont be panic and wait yourself. We have previous backlog to clear.

He dint ask me for anything. (Like few member reported about fund, employment letter etc)

Good luck everyone.
Congrats on your landing and really informative stuff regarding the landing.

Glad you had a smooth experience and as the officer said "Party Hard" :D

fenwick100

Star Member
Dec 11, 2013
clark kent said:

Agreed.

Clark what is happening with your situation now? Did you sort out your COPR?

simer gill

Aug 14, 2014
Ottawa-applicant said:
congrats budd.. how was your experience?
In my experience American Officers was helping and welcoming but on our side when I came back they had a huge attitude problem.
Officer on Canadian side was rude, was not willing to help/explains thing but that could be just an individual.

Anyways I got it done and now I am waiting for PR Card

Ottawa-applicant

Apr 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
clark kent said:

congrats and thanks for the experience

best of luck to the rest of us

clark kent

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2014
AOR Received.
04-09-2014
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
11-03-2015
Passport Req..
02-06-2015
LANDED..........
04-07-2015
fenwick100 said:
Agreed.

Clark what is happening with your situation now? Did you sort out your COPR?
Hey man,

After taking JES_ON's suggestion i decided the best option was to send back my Passport and COPR to Ottawa for correction.

I am guessing this whole mess should be sorted within 15 days after which I should be able to do my landing.

How is your's coming man?

Lee587

Sep 25, 2014
cecpet said:
Can any one please advise how to copy notes from PDF file so I can paste here ?

Anyone please ?
Click in the pdf, you will see blue highlight right click and click recognize text using OCR. Hope that works

cecpet

Oct 14, 2014
Lee587 said:
Click in the pdf, you will see blue highlight right click and click recognize text using OCR. Hope that works
I dont see any click in Pdf. Can you please tell me in detail ? And what is OCR ?