Passport Req..
21-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2015
LANDED..........
07-09-2015
sanjayit81 said:
Hi iamitguy,

I did not submit PCC from my home country with the application and CIC only requested RCMP check not PCC.
Actually PCC from Home Country is Mandatory for CEC application while RCMP is optional and it can be requested by CIC anytime.

should I send both or just RCMP check.
Since you have been asked to submit RCMP. I will say, Send both PCC and RCMP.

I have done PCC last month, Is that OK if I send that along with RCMP.
Yes

krishg

Aug 2, 2014
Those who got RCMP check requests,

What is your current status online now..

Is it changed to something else or still in process.

mahesh324

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Hi Friends,

I checked with my lawyer, she havent recieved any email regarding RCMP. But even if we don't receive email, she advised to apply for RCMP and update it.

1. My question is, can we apply for RCMP even if we don not receive the email ?
2. Can some one guide me how to apply for RCMP

Please and Thanks,
Mahesh

karankullar

Jul 11, 2012
Surrey, BC
mahesh324 said:
Hi Friends,

I checked with my lawyer, she havent recieved any email regarding RCMP. But even if we don't receive email, she advised to apply for RCMP and update it.

1. My question is, can we apply for RCMP even if we don not receive the email ?

Please and Thanks,
Mahesh

T
1. Yes, you can get RCMP fingerprints done even if the CIC did not ask you for one.
2. Go the your local Police department and tell them you need a RCMP fingerprint based check done. They will take your fingerprints right away or they might give you an appointment, depends on where you are. Then they will take care of the rest. Also, when they ask for the reason, tell them it's immigration and give them your address or your lawyer's address and you should get the results in 8-12 business days.

I went and got mine done today morning. Took me about 10 mins if that because there was no lineup. But that's because I am in Sask. If you live in a more populous city, I would suggest you check their website. They usually clearly state if an appointment is required or not.

karankullar

Jul 11, 2012
Surrey, BC
vivmehta said:
So is it any problems with our application as we did not received that email?
Buddy,

I am very sure that there is absolutely nothing wrong with the applications or the applicants who did not receive a RCMP request. There choice might be random or it might not be. If you have already sent your RCMP fingerprints, you should not worry and if you didn't send RCMP fingerprint based checks, still there is nothing to worry because it is not mandatory and if CIC did not ask for it, that means they don't want it from you. Don't send them documents that they are not requesting. The AOR clearly states that. Also, Science background or a commerce background has nothing to do with it. I am an Ironworker/Welder NOC 7236/7237 and I got a RCMP fingerprint request. I hope it makes you feel better and less worried. Cheers and smile ;D

Karan Kullar

karankullar

Jul 11, 2012
Surrey, BC
vivmehta said:
Guys those who received additional documents request does your status changed in CIC?
In my case it did not. The ECAS still says "In Process" and when I click that, all it tells me is: "We received your application for permanent residence on July 29, 2014." That was the exact same status before I got the RCMP fingerprint check request on Jan 29, 2015.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
mahesh324 said:
Hi Friends,

1. My question is, can we apply for RCMP even if we don not receive the email ? Highly Not Recommended until asked by CIC, Don't send any document which CIC is not asking. Either CIC will ask you required doc or if you come to know through your GCMS then provide that. .

Please and Thanks,
Mahesh
See my comment in blue
RCMP is optional , CIC request only for them , for whom it is required
Good luck

mahesh324

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Thanks karankullar and CEC_1304, your suggestions are really helpful for me :) . So I will not send RCMP documents uless untill they asks for it.

Thanks once again

sanjayit81

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
AOR Received.
20-08-2014
Med's Request
05-03-2015
Med's Done....
16-03-2015
Passport Req..
22-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-06-2015
Thanks iamitguy

simar.invincible

Jul 1, 2014
vcecpr2014 said:
I got this request today but I have submitted RCMP with my application (CIC recd date 11/Jul). Please update in excel.
Also can someone advise if it is required to get a new certificate and submit. My RCMP certificate was within 3 months period when CIC received my application.
DID ANYONE GET RCMP FINGERPRINT REQUEST FOR THE SECOND TIME, EVENTHOUGH THY SUBMITTED IT ALONG WITH APPLICATION??? I JST RECIEVED AN EMAIL FOR RCMP FINGER PRINTS AGAIN AND DONT KNOW WHY AS I ALREADY PROVIDED THEM ALONG WITH MY APPLICATION. ANY SUGGESTION?Huh