+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July - 2014 Applications

dachiandwill

Oct 20, 2014
fenwick100 said:
Sorry Dachiandwill can't find you on the spreadsheet, could you please share your timeline?

And congrats
Hi, follow my timeline, I hope the admin can add me to the spreadsheet

Application sent on June 27
AOR received on July 2
Sent Police check on Apr 10
Start processing application May 11
MR requested May 13
RPRF requested May 15
MR received (third line ) on June 6
Decision made (fourth line) June 11
PPR June 15

hahamylove

Star Member
Jul 18, 2014
quecumquevera said:
This morning I decided to call CIC at 8am sharp, Monday morning. The keys to get through the automated menu to get to an agent to check status on PR application were 1, 1, 3, 1.

I knew the agents probably hadn't had their coffee so it was dicey but I just had to know.

First try: The wait time was 15 minutes, with pretty good music. When an agent picked up, I opened by introducing myself and asking if I can check what kind of decision was made. The agent asked what kind of application I had, and when the application was received, and then said I have to wait as 13 months wasn't over yet. I explained that my WP was about to expire, and that ECAS says decision made, but she stonewalls by saying "decision made" doesn't mean anything; that it can be shown whenever the file is updated, or by accident. Ultimately she kept repeating that she can't help, and I had to wait until August; all in all, very brusque. I acknowledged, thanked her and hung up.

Second try: I got the automated too busy message that ends the call.

Third try: The wait time was 12 minutes. When an agent picked up and introduced herself, I spoke in a slow and friendly way, opening with "Good morning, how are you?" and then after the usual responses, I gave my application number right away, pausing every 3 digits. She typed it in, and then asked me security questions and confirmed my address and phone number, which was great because I'm out-of-province and have a second mailing address on file that everything should be going to. Then she asked what she can help me with and I asked to check if my PR fee is in. She put me on hold for 5 seconds and then said, yes the RPRF is in, and then added "With regards to your application, Ottawa has actually sent out your Confirmation of Permanent Residence to [my address] on Thursday." I thanked her profusely and wished her a great day, and signed off.

So now I'll be checking my mailbox daily!

I learnt a few lessons I'd like to share, for checking for a positive or negative decision after seeing "decision made" on ECAS.

1) Start off nice to the PR agent. In Canada, asking "how're you doing?" is customary, and there's a psychological reason for that - it establishes rapport and makes the other side more likely to be nice to you.

2) Go straight to saying what your application # is, because this will trigger the instinct for them to start typing it in right away and pulling up your file and check your identity. Having that momentum gives a good chance of bypassing the "13 month not over yet" stonewalling. In psychology this is called "commitment tendency".

3) Start small, ask for whether medicals, or a fee, or police documents, or some other thing you sent in a long time ago was received. You could explain it's been a while and you haven't heard back and was worried. This is to get your foot in the door for them to look through your file for something easy that they won't object to.

4) When they confirm, and they see in fact decision made, they may be helpful (everyone likes to be the bearer of good news) and just tell you what the current status of the application is, if the decision was positive. Otherwise, ask the question without asking specifically... don't let them know you've already checked and saw that the decision was made (ever want to give someone good news and then learn they already heard about it? Real killjoy.)

For example, inquire what the status is, if there is anything you can send in for the next steps just in case correspondence has been missed. Since the decision was made, they're more than likely to give you info on that. You will get more info when you ask sideways or vague questions than if you ask targeted questions. I'm a frank and to-the-point person so it takes me some effort to do this.

5) If you get an agent who won't help, be sincerely courteous and thankful for their time, cut your losses, and get in line for another agent. There are good agents out there who take pride in their job and helping others.

Best of luck to everyone!

PS Note that the call centre is less likely to be able to help before the decision is made, because there are so many hidden steps between medicals and "decision made" and that information takes a lot of time to sort through (ever try to sift through your GCMS notes at the later stages? It's 30-50 pages of stuff... now try doing that in a few seconds with a stranger on the phone). That's why they try to impose the 13-month limit, to save the limited call centre resources for people who really need it.
Did you learn all that from my post in another thread "Decision made no PPR yet"? LOL just curious.

quecumquevera

Jan 29, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-07-2014
AOR Received.
12-09-2014
Med's Request
20-03-2015
Med's Done....
25-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-06-2015
LANDED..........
23-06-2015
hahamylove said:
Did you learn all that from my post in another thread "Decision made no PPR yet"? LOL just curious.
This is the only thread I actually look at, but I'm sure some similar pieces of advice are floating out there. Just wanted to pay it forward by adding mine.

CEC_SK

Oct 7, 2012
quecumquevera said:
This is the only thread I actually look at, but I'm sure some similar pieces of advice are floating out there. Just wanted to pay it forward by adding mine.
I am in same situation from last 3 weeks
Tried 3/4 times but no luck to get more update from agent ,
Same answer processing time is not reached so have patience it will come soon and it is
Very common to have the status as decision made and no communication for 3/4 weeks

ainpsw

Jan 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2014
Doc's Request.
PCC request for spouse on 17-03-2015 (not submitted with file)
AOR Received.
11-09-2014
IELTS Request
CELPIP report submitted with the application
Med's Request
17-03-2015
Med's Done....
27-03-2015
Interview........
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
15-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
28-07-2015
Update...
Just received ready for visa email.
I have a child born in Canada, do I need to send my child's passport as well?
If anyone has already had same situation ..please help me.
thanks

vkshah

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2014
AOR Received.
24-09-2014
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent with application
Med's Request
26-03-2015
Med's Done....
28-03-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-06-2015
Received "Ready for Visa" email with Passport submission request :)

E-CAS updated to "Decision Made", now it shows 4 lines -

1. We received your application for permanent residence on July 22, 2014.

2. We started processing your application on June 10, 2015.

3. Medical results have been received.

4. A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

anuwaraich

Jun 3, 2015
Re: July - 2014 Applications /anyone added your spouse after your pnp

my husband added me in his PR appliaction because we got married this year march 2015 and he alrdy rcvd his PNP septmbr 2014.So he added me in his application in april15 and after that at the end of april we got an email asking for my medical and PCC and one more email after a day or two for paying landing fees.

We submitted our all the docs and medical on JUNE1,2015 . Bt all i want to know is will we get a new tracking id or we have to chck it through my husband PR file no. and even status is stil the same from the time my husband submitted his medical i.e "medical has been received "

tensed...anyone who can tell wats gng to happen next :(

soumyasam

Star Member
Jun 1, 2014
Finally my ECAS shows all four lines .... and the status is "Decision made"

Waiting for my lawyer to let me know if they received the PPR yet. Fingers crossed!!

---- June 15th Applicant---- Sept 15th AOR---- 20th Mar MR---- 16th April Medical Received----15th May RPRF upfront----

Ottawa-applicant

Apr 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
soumyasam said:
Finally my ECAS shows all four lines .... and the status is "Decision made"

Waiting for my lawyer to let me know if they received the PPR yet. Fingers crossed!!

---- June 15th Applicant---- Sept 15th AOR---- 20th Mar MR---- 16th April Medical Received----15th May RPRF upfront----
congrats and best of luck to me lol

sam001

Apr 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2014
AOR Received.
15-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-04-2015
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
Sept 30, 2015
ainpsw said:
Update...
thanks
I dont think you would have to send your kid's PP. He is a Canadian citizen by birth and holds the Canadian PP. Also, I bet in the email, it is written that only the PPs of the applicants should be sent.

sanjayit81

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
AOR Received.
20-08-2014
Med's Request
05-03-2015
Med's Done....
16-03-2015
Passport Req..
22-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-06-2015
ainpsw said:
Update...
thanks
Its only required for the person who need PR. your child is already Citizen :).
I did not send my child passport.

goulden

Sep 17, 2014
Today (16 June) I got ready for VISA email. Application started processing on 29 May.

Currently my wife live outside Canada. What information I have to submit to CIC to arrange visa from abroad for her. Can anyone help plz.

astasi

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2010
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-09-2014
Med's Request
23-03-2015
Med's Done....
30-07-2014
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-07-2015
goulden said:
Today (16 June) I got ready for VISA email. Application started processing on 29 May.

Currently my wife live outside Canada. What information I have to submit to CIC to arrange visa from abroad for her. Can anyone help plz.
Congrats.....you can send an email to CIC to change the visa office for printing permanent resident visa for your wife to her current country of residence.

Send the same request along with your passport when you send it Ottawa for your visa printing. Somethings CIC responds to such requests in a day or two and sometimes it may take anything between 10-15 days.