AOR Received.
22-08-2014
Med's Request
24-03-2015
Med's Done....
07-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2015
Thanks all. And good luck! It's nice to see things picking up speed for our group.

MeToronto

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
vivmehta said:
Hi Metoronto,

no i didnt called as i received my second gmcs and it says review required by officer.
Reason:this is my gmcs
ecommendation.Action Items:****General Results:Medical not started for all applicants**** FOSS/GMCS Check:-No Adverse info.All applicants currently hold valid status in Canada.Civil Status:pA Married -SPOUSE is accompanying -PA copy of passport on File: Yes.-Marriage certificate is on file - SPOUSE/CL Copy of passport on File: Yes. WORK EXPERIENCE: CEC qualifying period is: from 10JUL2011 to 09JUL2014 Dates of authorized work experience - within 'Qualifying period' - in a skill level O,A or B OCCUPATION: 13DEC2012 TO 13DEC2015 Category of work permit: PGQP Post-secondary studies in Canada: College-Technical ADDITIONAL NOTES: LAMBTON COLLEGE-BUSINESS MANAGEMENT According to schedule 8: Work Experience 1: 01JUN2013 TO 07JUL2014, NOC:1212 selected, Full time Billing SUPERVISOR with XXXX LTD. Employment letter(S) Dated 03JUL2014 confirm(s) date(s)of employment, position title and a salary of $13.5/HR. LOE/Supporting Docs do NOT appear to match lead statement and/or a substantial number of the main duties under NOC code selected. Both a T4 and a NOA from 2013 show(S) reported earnings of $28.5k. A NOA from 2012(S) reported earnings of $14k. There is no evidence on file that clearly indicate that the PA met any of the actions in the lead statement or any of the main duties under the NOC code selected.
Salary appears low for the position declared. As per LOE & Scheduled A, PA was previously employed as admin assistant with the same employer. LANGUAGE: IELTS submitted - Applicant meets benchmarks for work experience at this skill level:B. CRIMINALITY: PA:- RCMPScreening: No reportable trace. -Police Certificates:-India: No reportable trace. Spouse/Common-Law:-RCMP Screening: Police Certificates: -India: required PCs received and there seems to be n A36 concerns evident. MEDICALS NOT STARTED FOR ALL APPLICANTS. RECOMMENDATION: REVIEW REQUIRED BY OFFICER.

Today I received the GCMS and shows in capital: review required by officer.

I guess they have problem with the employment letter as it does not shows duties...for which I gave support letter.

vivmehta

Jan 8, 2013
MeToronto said:
Today I received the GCMS and shows in capital: review required by officer.

I guess they have problem with the employment letter as it does not shows duties...for which I gave support letter.
Can you pls paste gmcs here

justeunhomme

Apr 8, 2014
Hello all!
This is my first post because I didn’t want to discuss my application while it was being processed. I became a permanent resident today and I will share my experience with everyone as a way to give back to this community. I came here often and found very helpful information, as well as lots of optimism and support! It’s divided into three parts: 1) background info (NOC, employment, etc) 2) timeline 3) landing

1. Background information:
I came to Canada when I was still under 18 for university. Finished my degree and got my 3-year work permit. I worked with employer A for three months, doing NOC Code XXX, then moved to employer B, doing NOC code YYY for 8 months, then came back to employer A for another three months doing the same NOC code. This wasn’t an issue. I counted my one year of work experience from the time my Post-Grad Work Permit was issued to be safe. I talked to both employers in advance and explained to them how important this was to me. One of them let me read the letter beforehand, the other one didn’t. I was the only applicant; no spouse or children. I applied within Canada and never moved out of Canada during the application process. I wrote the CELPIP exam, which I thought was pretty easy. Never got PCC because I’ve lived in Canada since I was a minor and have never left for more than 6 months.

2. Application process and timeline (feel free to add to spreadsheet):
Application sent: July 8, 2014
Application received: July 10, 2014
AOR: September 8, 2014
Then wait...wait...wait...
I sent an email in January with a document that wasn’t all that important in hopes of getting some information regarding my application. I sent the email to Sydney and the reply said that my application was “part of a group of applications that was transferred to Ottawa where they would start being processed”. This worried me quite a bit because I thought I wouldn’t be able to start counting the 13 months of processing they said it would take until they actually started processing it. It turned out it wasn’t what I was thinking. All applications get transferred to Ottawa.
Medical Request: March 12
Medical Done: March 17. I did them at Dr Law’s practice in the Oakridge mall in Vancouver. I chose their practice because they were able to give me an appointment sooner than anyone else. There were two doctors and I wasn’t told who my appointment would be with until I met the doctor. The exams cost $300: $150 for Dr. Law, $75 for one lab (x-rays), $75 for the other lab (blood and urine). It took me two or three hours to get everything done. All the exams were in the same building. I was told that if in a week I hadn’t been called that meant my exams had been uploaded using the emedical system. I never got their call, but I called them regardless and they said again that if they hadn’t called me my exams had been sent. They never actually confirmed they sent them. A week later, on April 10 approximately, my CIC status showed “medical results have been received update”. The day I finished my exams, I sent to CIC the sheet the doctor gives and I took advantage of the fact that I was emailing them already to include my 2014 T4s and NOA, without CIC asking for them.
RPRF Request: April 27
RPRF Paid: April 27 (sent the receipt to the cost recovery address and copied the regular CIC address)
Passport Request: April 29
Passport Sent: April 29
Passport Received in Ottawa: May 1
Passport Sent back: May 8
Passport received with CoPR and Immigrant Visa: May 11

3. Landing
The CoPR said I had two options to land: 1) call a CIC office and arrange an interview (they call this the “convenient” option), or leaving Canada and re entering through a port of Entry “if you are unable to book an interview at a CIC office”). I chose the latter. All the documents I brought with me were my passport with the CoPR and immigrant visa, and my government ID. They never asked for another ID (just the passport), nor for photos, bank statements, proof of residence for the mailing of the PR card, etc.

I rented a car (I have a membership with a car sharing company), left home at around 11 pm and put on Google maps “peace arch park”. Somehow I ended up in an alley parallel to the border crossing without access to the border crossing, though my intention was parking on the Canadian side, anyway. After being blinded by an officer with his flashlight, I asked him where I could park to cross to the US on foot. After that he was actually quite nice and told me more or less how to get to the visitor parking. I parked in the parking lot of the BC Visitor centre (not really a parking lot; just a bunch of stalls against a sidewalk). I walked into the Canadian customs office, where I told them I was getting my permanent residence. The officer was very nice, walked me outside the building and showed me how to walk into the US.

She never asked me why I didn’t choose to book an appointment at a CIC office instead. She told me I had to see a US customs officer and bring a “paper saying that I was flagpoling”. The walk between the two buildings is about ten minutes. Sometimes it’s a little weird because it feels like you’re just walking next to a huge highway. For the most part there is a sidewalk, though.
As I was approaching the US booths one of the officers who was in the booth told me how to get into the US customs building.

Once inside, I told the officer I was getting my Canadian PR and he brought the famous white paper. He was nice enough that I felt comfortable asking if that was going to be marked on my record as a denied entry to the US. I also told him I had a US visa. He said no, then told me he wasn’t even going to put refused on the white paper and was not going to record anything on my electronic file. Everything was done with a pen and a paper. In the end, he just wrote “flagpole” without checking off any of the boxes that said “reason for refusal”. I walked back to the Canadian customs office. You need to talk to an officer before going into the main building. He asked me if I was bringing any items and I said no. I then went inside where I was greeted by the same female officer. She asked me to write my mailing address and phone number on the white paper I had received from the US officer and then went to do some paperwork for my application.

Despite it being past midnight (1 am), there were a couple more people in the building (same for the US building). She first asked me to double check my information on the CoPR. I told her the original date of entry and last entry were incorrect and she said those were not important. She then asked me if I had been convicted of any crimes or had any children and I said no. She signed the CoPR; so did I. She told me to keep the CoPR in a safe place as it is an important document. From the time I got off the car until I came back, it took me about 50 minutes.

That’s it! Good luck to everyone. Don’t let this stressful process bring you down. Best of luck again and thanks to all the people who have posted useful information and answered questions on here!

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
Good one Cobber - Garam Masala!!!

justeunhomme said:
Hello all!
This is my first post because I didn't want to discuss my application while it was being processed. I became a permanent resident today and I will share my experience with everyone as a way to give back to this community. I came here often and found very helpful information, as well as lots of optimism and support! It's divided into three parts: 1) background info (NOC, employment, etc) 2) timeline 3) landing

1. Background information:
I came to Canada when I was still under 18 for university. Finished my degree and got my 3-year work permit. I worked with employer A for three months, doing NOC Code XXX, then moved to employer B, doing NOC code YYY for 8 months, then came back to employer A for another three months doing the same NOC code. This wasn't an issue. I counted my one year of work experience from the time my Post-Grad Work Permit was issued to be safe. I talked to both employers in advance and explained to them how important this was to me. One of them let me read the letter beforehand, the other one didn't. I was the only applicant; no spouse or children. I applied within Canada and never moved out of Canada during the application process. I wrote the CELPIP exam, which I thought was pretty easy. Never got PCC because I've lived in Canada since I was a minor and have never left for more than 6 months.

2. Application process and timeline (feel free to add to spreadsheet):
Application sent: July 8, 2014
Application received: July 10, 2014
AOR: September 8, 2014
Then wait...wait...wait...
I sent an email in January with a document that wasn't all that important in hopes of getting some information regarding my application. I sent the email to Sydney and the reply said that my application was “part of a group of applications that was transferred to Ottawa where they would start being processed”. This worried me quite a bit because I thought I wouldn't be able to start counting the 13 months of processing they said it would take until they actually started processing it. It turned out it wasn't what I was thinking. All applications get transferred to Ottawa.
Medical Request: March 12
Medical Done: March 17. I did them at Dr Law's practice in the Oakridge mall in Vancouver. I chose their practice because they were able to give me an appointment sooner than anyone else. There were two doctors and I wasn't told who my appointment would be with until I met the doctor. The exams cost $300: $150 for Dr. Law, $75 for one lab (x-rays), $75 for the other lab (blood and urine). It took me two or three hours to get everything done. All the exams were in the same building. I was told that if in a week I hadn't been called that meant my exams had been uploaded using the emedical system. I never got their call, but I called them regardless and they said again that if they hadn't called me my exams had been sent. They never actually confirmed they sent them. A week later, on April 10 approximately, my CIC status showed “medical results have been received update”. The day I finished my exams, I sent to CIC the sheet the doctor gives and I took advantage of the fact that I was emailing them already to include my 2014 T4s and NOA, without CIC asking for them.
RPRF Request: April 27
RPRF Paid: April 27 (sent the receipt to the cost recovery address and copied the regular CIC address)
Passport Request: April 29
Passport Sent: April 29
Passport Received in Ottawa: May 1
Passport Sent back: May 8
Passport received with CoPR and Immigrant Visa: May 11

3. Landing
The CoPR said I had two options to land: 1) call a CIC office and arrange an interview (they call this the “convenient” option), or leaving Canada and re entering through a port of Entry “if you are unable to book an interview at a CIC office”). I chose the latter. All the documents I brought with me were my passport with the CoPR and immigrant visa, and my government ID. They never asked for another ID (just the passport), nor for photos, bank statements, proof of residence for the mailing of the PR card, etc.

I rented a car (I have a membership with a car sharing company), left home at around 11 pm and put on Google maps “peace arch park”. Somehow I ended up in an alley parallel to the border crossing without access to the border crossing, though my intention was parking on the Canadian side, anyway. After being blinded by an officer with his flashlight, I asked him where I could park to cross to the US on foot. After that he was actually quite nice and told me more or less how to get to the visitor parking. I parked in the parking lot of the BC Visitor centre (not really a parking lot; just a bunch of stalls against a sidewalk). I walked into the Canadian customs office, where I told them I was getting my permanent residence. The officer was very nice, walked me outside the building and showed me how to walk into the US.

She never asked me why I didn't choose to book an appointment at a CIC office instead. She told me I had to see a US customs officer and bring a “paper saying that I was flagpoling”. The walk between the two buildings is about ten minutes. Sometimes it's a little weird because it feels like you're just walking next to a huge highway. For the most part there is a sidewalk, though.
As I was approaching the US booths one of the officers who was in the booth told me how to get into the US customs building.

Once inside, I told the officer I was getting my Canadian PR and he brought the famous white paper. He was nice enough that I felt comfortable asking if that was going to be marked on my record as a denied entry to the US. I also told him I had a US visa. He said no, then told me he wasn't even going to put refused on the white paper and was not going to record anything on my electronic file. Everything was done with a pen and a paper. In the end, he just wrote “flagpole” without checking off any of the boxes that said “reason for refusal”. I walked back to the Canadian customs office. You need to talk to an officer before going into the main building. He asked me if I was bringing any items and I said no. I then went inside where I was greeted by the same female officer. She asked me to write my mailing address and phone number on the white paper I had received from the US officer and then went to do some paperwork for my application.

Despite it being past midnight (1 am), there were a couple more people in the building (same for the US building). She first asked me to double check my information on the CoPR. I told her the original date of entry and last entry were incorrect and she said those were not important. She then asked me if I had been convicted of any crimes or had any children and I said no. She signed the CoPR; so did I. She told me to keep the CoPR in a safe place as it is an important document. From the time I got off the car until I came back, it took me about 50 minutes.

That's it! Good luck to everyone. Don't let this stressful process bring you down. Best of luck again and thanks to all the people who have posted useful information and answered questions on here!

karankullar

Jul 11, 2012
Surrey, BC
Randy_Nik said:
Hi All,

Just got my passports back with PR Visa and COPR :). All the best to everyone. I'm sure you all will be there soon!

I had sent the passport on May 4th and got it today.
Congrats for your PR buddy. Just wondering, where did you send your passport since you are residing in United States. Did you send it to one of the Canadian consulates in The States? Also, do you come from a visa exempy country?

nambus

Sep 30, 2014
Hi Admin,

Please update my record in the spreadsheet with below dates,
Medicals Request date: Apr-10
Medicals done date: Apr-27

Eagerly awaiting the RPRF request.

Thanks.

Randy_Nik

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Phoenix, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2014
AOR Received.
05-09-2014
Med's Request
13-03-2015
Med's Done....
25-03-2015
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
30-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2015
LANDED..........
09-10-2015
karankullar said:
Congrats for your PR buddy. Just wondering, where did you send your passport since you are residing in United States. Did you send it to one of the Canadian consulates in The States? Also, do you come from a visa exempy country?
Thanks!
I've got an Indian passport. I sent my passport to the Ottawa office. We can send our passports across the border if we are in North America. I do not come from a visa exempt country.

The PPR email clearly mentions that CIC will not send passports via post outside North America and if we or any dependent are outside North America we need to inform them ASAP and they will arrange to get the PR visa printed in the local office in that country. For example - If you are in USA and if your spouse is in India then you can request them via email to get your spouse's PR stamped in New Delhi and you can courier your passport to Ottawa.

karankullar

Jul 11, 2012
Surrey, BC
Randy_Nik said:
Thanks!
I've got an Indian passport. I sent my passport to the Ottawa office. We can send our passports across the border if we are in North America. I do not come from a visa exempt country.

The PPR email clearly mentions that CIC will not send passports via post outside North America and if we or any dependent are outside North America we need to inform them ASAP and they will arrange to get the PR visa printed in the local office in that country. For example - If you are in USA and if your spouse is in India then you can request them via email to get your spouse's PR stamped in New Delhi and you can courier your passport to Ottawa.
Thanks a lot man. My friend's work permit got refused even after getting AOR and now he is leaving for India. Good thing this doesnt make things too complicated for him. Thanks omce again. Cheers

Randy_Nik

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Phoenix, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2014
AOR Received.
05-09-2014
Med's Request
13-03-2015
Med's Done....
25-03-2015
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
30-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2015
LANDED..........
09-10-2015
karankullar said:
Thanks a lot man. My friend's work permit got refused even after getting AOR and now he is leaving for India. Good thing this doesnt make things too complicated for him. Thanks omce again. Cheers
You're welcome! :)

ROCK909

May 6, 2015
Hi All,

Below are my details and status. Could some one update or advise when Can I Expect my Passport Request. I may need to travel on emergency to my Home country and waiting for my passport request / PR approval.

Category........: CEC
Visa Office......: Ottawa
NOC Code......: 2173
App. Filed.......: 24 July, 2014
AOR Received.: 30 September, 2014
Med's Request: 30 Mar, 2015
Med's Done....: 15 April, 2015
Passport Request: Waiting

Thanks In Advance.

joolery

Aug 13, 2014
Calgary
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-11-2014
Med's Request
12-01-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
Decision Made - 29-02-2016 (Visa Exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2016
LANDED..........
18-03-2016
ROCK909 said:
Hi All,

Below are my details and status. Could some one update or advise when Can I Expect my Passport Request. I may need to travel on emergency to my Home country and waiting for my passport request / PR approval.

Category........: CEC
Visa Office......: Ottawa
NOC Code......: 2173
App. Filed.......: 24 July, 2014
AOR Received.: 30 September, 2014
Med's Request: 30 Mar, 2015
Med's Done....: 15 April, 2015
Passport Request: Waiting

Thanks In Advance.
No RPRF?

azam220409

Apr 28, 2015
you will get an email for RPRF from CIC.. I have done my medical on 20th April and applied on 28th July 2014. we both applied at the same time. Hopefully we get RPRf and PPr very soon. Cheers!!!