App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2013
Congrats! Same here, but we hadn't even been told that the application was "in process", so it was even more of a surprise.

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
Phil1232 said:
My wife received PPR last week! Only 2 weeks after "in process"!
Congrats Phil! 8) 8)

JimM

Sep 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Looking at the Spreadsheet it seems Ottawa doesn't send Stage 2 AORs, just the PPR. Makes for a nice surprise :D

cherrylou

Jan 14, 2013
My husband received an email from Ottawa requesting for copy of his passport last Jan. 31, 2013. My husband emailed his scanned passport to Ottawa as requested. However, he did not received any reply from Ottawa if they received his passport. Is anyone has the same situation ? Need advise.

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
cherrylou said:
My husband received an email from Ottawa requesting for copy of his passport last Jan. 31, 2013. My husband emailed his scanned passport to Ottawa as requested. However, he did not received any reply from Ottawa if they received his passport. Is anyone has the same situation ? Need advise.
I didn't go through Ottawa, but the same thing happened for me through the Sydney VO. About ten days after sending, I emailed them with a case specific enquiry requesting that they give me confirmation on the PPR, and then the next thing I received was my COPR in the mail! So all good...

cherrylou

Jan 14, 2013
bagelbagel81 said:
I didn't go through Ottawa, but the same thing happened for me through the Sydney VO. About ten days after sending, I emailed them with a case specific enquiry requesting that they give me confirmation on the PPR, and then the next thing I received was my COPR in the mail! So all good...
Thanks for your reply. I hope everything is well. How long did you wait after your received your COPR?

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
On Saturday Feb 9th (yes, on a saturday!) we received a communication requesting additional documents (which we expected) and these two paragraphs were among the list od requested info:

<b> Ø Paragraph 130(1)(b) states that, subject to subsections (2) and (3), a sponsor, for the purpose of sponsoring a foreign national who makes an application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the family class must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who resides in Canada.

Based on the information you have provided, I am not satisfied that your sponsor resides in Canada from the day on which the application was filed up to now. Accordingly you may not meet the requirements of paragraph 130(1)(b) and section 120 of the Regulations.
</b>

The sponsor lives in the US with the applicant and before submitting our application we made sure that a Canadian citizen living abroad is allowed to sponsor (and in fact, Sponsorship was approved). My concern is that the agent completely disregarded the following paragraph that is right below the one he/she quoted, and that is also part of the regulation, as follows:

Paragraph 130(2), a sponsor who is a Canadian citizen and does not reside in Canada may sponsor an application referred to in subsection (1) by their spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner or dependent child who has no dependent children if the sponsor will reside in Canada when the applicant becomes a permanent resident.

Are we missing something here? Has any other applicant whose sponsor is living outside Canada experienced this same situation? Please note that this is NOT a request from CIC to prove that the sponsor will move to Canada but rather a statement saying that it is assumed that sponsors outside Canada cannot sponsor (even when born citizens and never having sponsored before).

jarry96

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 17, 2012
AOR Received.
October 3, 2012
File Transfer...
October 4, 2012
Med's Done....
July 4, 2012
Passport Req..
April 26, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 29, 2013
cempjwi said:
On Saturday Feb 9th (yes, on a saturday!) we received a communication requesting additional documents (which we expected) and these two paragraphs were among the list od requested info:

<b> Ø Paragraph 130(1)(b) states that, subject to subsections (2) and (3), a sponsor, for the purpose of sponsoring a foreign national who makes an application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the family class must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who resides in Canada.

Based on the information you have provided, I am not satisfied that your sponsor resides in Canada from the day on which the application was filed up to now. Accordingly you may not meet the requirements of paragraph 130(1)(b) and section 120 of the Regulations.
</b>

The sponsor lives in the US with the applicant and before submitting our application we made sure that a Canadian citizen living abroad is allowed to sponsor (and in fact, Sponsorship was approved). My concern is that the agent completely disregarded the following paragraph that is right below the one he/she quoted, and that is also part of the regulation, as follows:

Paragraph 130(2), a sponsor who is a Canadian citizen and does not reside in Canada may sponsor an application referred to in subsection (1) by their spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner or dependent child who has no dependent children if the sponsor will reside in Canada when the applicant becomes a permanent resident.

Are we missing something here? Has any other applicant whose sponsor is living outside Canada experienced this same situation? Please note that this is NOT a request from CIC to prove that the sponsor will move to Canada but rather a statement saying that it is assumed that sponsors outside Canada cannot sponsor (even when born citizens and never having sponsored before).
Hi Cempjwi,

You have to show evidence to convince the VO that you will move to Canada and not continue to live in the US.

Diamondude357

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Alberta
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-07-2012
Doc's Request.
21-11-2012
AOR Received.
21-11-2012
File Transfer...
29-09-2012
Med's Done....
06-06-2012
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
17-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2013
LANDED..........
06-02-2013
Hi everyone. Just thought I'd let you know that we landed on 6 Feb 2013. Wife, kid and dog all got through with no problems although we booked the timing on the connecting flight a little tight. Hopefully I'll have a job later today!

emily_anya

May 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 03 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 30 2013
File Transfer...
Sep 20 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Passport Req..
Jan 30 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 13 2013 :D
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
AFter a week of ECAS not working...today it has changed to decision made....I hope this is good news!!! ;D

We received your application for permanent residence on July 3, 2012.

We started processing your application on February 1, 2013.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
cherrylou said:
Thanks for your reply. I hope everything is well. How long did you wait after your received your COPR?
You mean how long after sending my passport by email? Probably only about ten days. I also am living in Sydney, so it was closer to send from the VO. You will find it in your mailbox in no time!

THe COPR was the last thing I received from CIC and the last thing I will need to land - so I haven't needed to wait for anything else from them.

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
Diamondude357 said:
Hi everyone. Just thought I'd let you know that we landed on 6 Feb 2013. Wife, kid and dog all got through with no problems although we booked the timing on the connecting flight a little tight. Hopefully I'll have a job later today!
Great news, DD! If you don't mind me asking, where have you landed? I am headed for Ottawa and want to connect with others that are/have also landed there.

All the best with your job prospects!

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
cempjwi said:

</b>

Hi there,

Was that first paragraph a letter from the agent? It sounds incorrect, and that they think the sponsor is a permanent resident, opposed to a citizen. My fiance is the Canadian citizen and we have been residing in Australia the last four years with intent to move back to Canada. We jsut made sure we sent a lot of evidence that we were moving back a reestablishing ourselves in Canada (with flights, bank accounts, letters from family, job offers etc) At no time did 'residing' outside of Canada become an issue. It sounds like your agent is confused.

emily_anya

May 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 03 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 30 2013
File Transfer...
Sep 20 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Passport Req..
Jan 30 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 13 2013 :D
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
cherrylou said:
Hi, i had the same request from ottawa and sent it by email. I also didnt hear anything from them so I emailed them on friday asking for confirmation they received the docs. I had an email back 3 hours later ( I know i was in shock too!) saying everything has been received and it is in final stages. Today my ecas changed to decision made :D

tavora

Star Member
May 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
20-09-2012
Med's Done....
02-07-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
07-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2013
LANDED..........
31-05-2013
We got PPR on February 7th, interview has been waived. :) Bagel, could you update the spreadsheet?