Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Julyers,

A little joy to share, I received the CSQ for my wife from the Quebec Ministry of Immigration. Another little step towards reunion. Now it is fully in the hands of the Visa Office in Warsaw.

Abuzz

Jul 31, 2012
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
File Transfer...
15-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-07-2012
Passport Req..
01-11-2012
bagelbagel81 said:
Well done, Abuzz! Spreadsheet is updated, and all the best for stage 2 :)
Thanks bagel! Glad to join the Stage 2 club now!

krusmaryosep

Sep 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 17, 2012
AOR Received.
August 24, 2012
File Transfer...
September 11, 2012
Med's Done....
May 17, 2012
Passport Req..
February 25, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 8, 2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
it has been 2 months (almost) since i got approved as a sponsor.. have not heard anything since then.

shall i contact the visa office or wait for another week / month / year?

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
krusmaryosep said:
it has been 2 months (almost) since i got approved as a sponsor.. have not heard anything since then.

shall i contact the visa office or wait for another week / month / year?
Hey krusmaryosep. It must be frustrating having not heard anything in two months. I am not sure if Manila VO gives people AORs - I think they might go straight to arranging Interview dates or Passport Requests.

I do know that they process the applications in the order that they were received initially by CIC (in your case the 17th July) So even though it has been 2 months since your AOR, you may have a fair few applicants being processed before you, as you were one of the lucky ones that got an earlier AOR.

I don't know how strict they are on this, it is something I have heard from other threads. You could try sending a case specific enquiry, however I am not sure how quickly Manila VO will respond, as I know they are one of the busiest VOs ( processing a large chunk of SE Asian applicants).

I hope you hear something soon, and let us know if you are able to get into contact with anyone.

krusmaryosep

Sep 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 17, 2012
AOR Received.
August 24, 2012
File Transfer...
September 11, 2012
Med's Done....
May 17, 2012
Passport Req..
February 25, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 8, 2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
bagelbagel81 said:
Hey krusmaryosep. It must be frustrating having not heard anything in two months. I am not sure if Manila VO gives people AORs - I think they might go straight to arranging Interview dates or Passport Requests.

I do know that they process the applications in the order that they were received initially by CIC (in your case the 17th July) So even though it has been 2 months since your AOR, you may have a fair few applicants being processed before you, as you were one of the lucky ones that got an earlier AOR.

I don't know how strict they are on this, it is something I have heard from other threads. You could try sending a case specific enquiry, however I am not sure how quickly Manila VO will respond, as I know they are one of the busiest VOs ( processing a large chunk of SE Asian applicants).

I hope you hear something soon, and let us know if you are able to get into contact with anyone.
thanks bagel. this is tough.. i only get to be with my wife for 3 weeks a year... that adds to the frustration.

hopefully, it will be a wonderful new year (2013) for all of us. :-X

FiguringItOut

Aug 6, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa-pilot/CHC-Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 3rd, 2012
AOR Received.
September 7th, 2012
Passport Req..
Inshallah sooner than anticipated
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah sooner than anticipated
bagelbagel81, thank you for the suggestions....I am not one for forums, slowly getting used to using this thing. To be honest, I really do not understand why we can't keep our spouses by our sides while this process moves....someone should really think about how it is to be away from their better half for a week....let alone months/years. It seems to be a rough week....'tis all. =)

bagelbagel81 said:
Hi FiguringItOut- no worries, I will update that one for you.
I don't think all VOs give AOR's as far as I am aware, I think it changes from place to place.
You could try talking to someone on the Islamabad thread- as they will probably have the most recent info regarding timelines and communication with Islamabad VO.
Yes, I agree that the anxiety doesn't really fade, just transfers to the next step of the process ???

Good-luck, and hope you find the info you were after!

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
I can only imagine how hard it is for the couples who can only see each other 2-3 weeks per year. Not hearing anything regarding your application for long periods is the hardest thing, as it is impossible to plan or see the light at the end of the tunnel. The fact that you have all gotten this far shows that you are willing to tough it out through thick and thin, which will only give strength to your relationship in the end. Hopefully what's left of 2012 will bring some good news to everyone.

Diamondude357

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Alberta
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-07-2012
Doc's Request.
21-11-2012
AOR Received.
21-11-2012
File Transfer...
29-09-2012
Med's Done....
06-06-2012
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
17-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2013
LANDED..........
06-02-2013
Congrats to all with updates and especially to Ms. B!

mmacedo

Star Member
Jul 5, 2012
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lioha said:
Hello Julyers,

A little joy to share, I received the CSQ for my wife from the Quebec Ministry of Immigration. Another little step towards reunion. Now it is fully in the hands of the Visa Office in Warsaw.
Hey Lioha, congrats :D. So, I guess I'll receive my daughter's CSQ pretty soon.

lioha

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mmacedo said:
Hey Lioha, congrats :D. So, I guess I'll receive my daughter's CSQ pretty soon.
Thank you!!! I gave them a call yesturday and they told me that it is sent to me and it was in the mail when I came home in the evening. So if you want give them a call today. It is probably in the mail right now too.

You are sponsoring your daughter, I guess it should go fast. No genuine relationship to verify like for most of us who sponsor our spouses.

mmacedo

Star Member
Jul 5, 2012
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lioha said:
Thank you!!! I gave them a call yesturday and they told me that it is sent to me and it was in the mail when I came home in the evening. So if you want give them a call today. It is probably in the mail right now too.

You are sponsoring your daughter, I guess it should go fast. No genuine relationship to verify like for most of us who sponsor our spouses.
Sure, I'll call them. Anyways, she arrived last week on a tourist visa ;D. I'm planning to go to RAMQ on Thursday and it would be great to have the CSQ as it would help me to enroll her in the health plan.

mmacedo

Star Member
Jul 5, 2012
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mmacedo said:
Sure, I'll call them. Anyways, she arrived last week on a tourist visa ;D. I'm planning to go to RAMQ on Thursday and it would be great to have the CSQ as it would help me to enroll her in the health plan.
Hey, Good News :D. I just called them and it was issued yesterday. They said they posted it today ;D ;D ;D

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
Diamondude357 said:
Congrats to all with updates and especially to Ms. B!
Cheers, Mr DD!

motorcyclerider

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Taipei
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7/25/2012
AOR Received.
10/5/2012 - AOR 2: 10/22/2012
File Transfer...
10/14/2012
Med's Done....
7/17/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11/8/2012
VISA ISSUED...
11/23/2012
LANDED..........
Spring 2013
Was wondering, how long after you get your sponsorship approval letter will there be an update in eCAS to show this? My eCAS status still just shows 1 line with "application received" for both sponsor and applicant.

kolokoy15

Mar 21, 2012
hi there im new here im joining the july spousal sponsorship..just send my file last july 31 2012 ..ill keep u update guys..still waitin for the next step..:)