+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JULY 2011 - MANILA VISA OFFICE (Applicants for July - let's chat!)

AJW

Star Member
Nov 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Miss
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/07/11
AOR Received.
29/07/11
File Transfer...
7/12/11 DM file sent to CEM
Passport Req..
22-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
???
May Ann said:
PASSPORT & ADDT'L DOCS SENT! YES!
Does this mean Christmas in Canada? :)

May Ann

Star Member
Jun 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-28-11
AOR Received.
11-21-11
File Transfer...
11-03-11
Med's Done....
06-11-11
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
11-21-11
VISA ISSUED...
01-09-2012 (REC'D 01-16-2012)
LANDED..........
04-18-2012
AJW said:
Does this mean Christmas in Canada? :)
I WISH BUT I'LL BE LEAVING ON APRIL 2012 EVEN IF EVERYTHING GOES WELL THIS CHRISTMAS TIME. WE'LL BE HAVING A CHURCH WEDDING ON APRIL.

IT'LL TAKE SOME TIME FOR ME TO SEE SNOW :eek:

AJW

Star Member
Nov 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Miss
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/07/11
AOR Received.
29/07/11
File Transfer...
Passport Req..
22-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
???
May Ann said:
I WISH BUT I'LL BE LEAVING ON APRIL 2012 EVEN IF EVERYTHING GOES WELL THIS CHRISTMAS TIME. WE'LL BE HAVING A CHURCH WEDDING ON APRIL.

IT'LL TAKE SOME TIME FOR ME TO SEE SNOW :eek:
I guess it's better to ease into cold weather in April than middle of winter. Hope you like ice hockey it's like religion in Canada. ;D

May Ann

Star Member
Jun 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-28-11
AOR Received.
11-21-11
File Transfer...
11-03-11
Med's Done....
06-11-11
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
11-21-11
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
04-18-2012
AJW said:
I guess it's better to ease into cold weather in April than middle of winter. Hope you like ice hockey it's like religion in Canada. ;D
YOU ACTUALLY GOT A POINT. I AM NOT REALLY USED TO COLD WEATHER.I REMEMBER WE WENT TO HONGKONG, IT WAS 6 DEGRESS AND I WAS CHILLING LIKE HELL. MY HUSBAND TOLD ME THAT COMPARED TO CANADA, THAT WAS NOTHING.

WHERE IN CANADA ARE YOU FROM? AND YOUR WIFE???

AJW

Star Member
Nov 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Miss
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/07/11
AOR Received.
29/07/11
File Transfer...
Passport Req..
22-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
???
May Ann said:
YOU ACTUALLY GOT A POINT. I AM NOT REALLY USED TO COLD WEATHER.I REMEMBER WE WENT TO HONGKONG, IT WAS 6 DEGRESS AND I WAS CHILLING LIKE HELL. MY HUSBAND TOLD ME THAT COMPARED TO CANADA, THAT WAS NOTHING.

WHERE IN CANADA ARE YOU FROM? AND YOUR WIFE???
Ottawa, Ontario which is much colder than Vancouver, yesterday was -11c here and in Jan will be -25c.
Your freezer is only -3c

My wife thinks that it's cold at MOA by ice rink, so she will find it very cold here. :eek:

May Ann

Star Member
Jun 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-28-11
AOR Received.
11-21-11
File Transfer...
11-03-11
Med's Done....
06-11-11
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
11-21-11
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
04-18-2012
AJW said:
Ottawa, Ontario which is much colder than Vancouver, yesterday was -11c here and in Jan will be -25c.
Your freezer is only -3c

My wife thinks that it's cold at MOA by ice rink, so she will find it very cold here. :eek:
OMG! WE'LL SEE ???

floydannie

Jun 25, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All, may ann, zildjian and crisetphil,

sorry for not updating your info immediatelly in our spreedsheet but you can check it now, i've been out from my province (south) to manila (north) to attend counseling and orientation from iom (coa).

YOU MUST attend COA (Canadian Orientation Abroad) from IOM (International Organization for Migration) and its FREE, with snacks, complete info pamplets/brochure, books about canada and beautiful certificate that i really really like. You will regret one day if you never attend this seminar, its a COMPLETE DETAILS about Canada, do's and don'ts to bring at the international airport, you will learn the nature of canadian society, common problems of adaptation from a newcomers, rights and obligations, health and education, how to find a job, cost of living and province you want to stay. You will really really love it, ask jovy she's with me yesterday and its my first time to see her in person, see we're having fun, even the guy who orients us yesterday he's a lot of humor store in himself.

About my cfo...first I attend my guidance and counselling because i'm married to a canadian national at prism, they give us some info but not enough. After i rcvd my certificate from prism i went straight to cfo to get my sticker stamped to my passport at the same time to get my certificate too from cfo. I'm gonna give you some details next day because i'm so tired, luck of sleep and haggard because tomorrow its my flight.

Till here and i'll be back in a couples of days here in our forum.....to give you more and more info, experience i learned past few days ago. See you ;)

jing0609

Star Member
Sep 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 7, 2011
AOR Received.
Nov. 14, 2011
File Transfer...
Oct. 18, 2011
Med's Done....
June 2, 2011
Passport Req..
Letter dated: Oct. 20, 2011/Received: Nov. 14, 2011/Passport sent: Nov. 22, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Jan. 19, 2012
LANDED..........
soon..
floydannie said:

sorry for not updating your info immediatelly in our spreedsheet but you can check it now, i've been out from my province (south) to manila (north) to attend counseling and orientation from iom (coa).

YOU MUST attend COA (Canadian Orientation Abroad) from IOM (International Organization for Migration) and its FREE, with snacks, complete info pamplets/brochure, books about canada and beautiful certificate that i really really like. You will regret one day if you never attend this seminar, its a COMPLETE DETAILS about Canada, do's and don'ts to bring at the international airport, you will learn the nature of canadian society, common problems of adaptation from a newcomers, rights and obligations, health and education, how to find a job, cost of living and province you want to stay. You will really really love it, ask jovy she's with me yesterday and its my first time to see her in person, see we're having fun, even the guy who orients us yesterday he's a lot of humor store in himself.

About my cfo...first I attend my guidance and counselling because i'm married to a canadian national at prism, they give us some info but not enough. After i rcvd my certificate from prism i went straight to cfo to get my sticker stamped to my passport at the same time to get my certificate too from cfo. I'm gonna give you some details next day because i'm so tired, luck of sleep and haggard because tomorrow its my flight.

Till here and i'll be back in a couples of days here in our forum.....to give you more and more info, experience i learned past few days ago. See you ;)

ingat sa flight mu sis! :-* Godbless!

AJW

Star Member
Nov 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Miss
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/07/11
AOR Received.
29/07/11
File Transfer...
Passport Req..
22-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
???
floydannie said:

Hi,
What is the difference between CFO and COA?
My wife went to CFO seminar and received certificate but no sticker until she gets visa.

crisetphil

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 29,2011--CPC-M (sponsor approved::Nov.17, 2011)
Doc's Request.
dec.22,2011
AOR Received.
jan.04,2012(sent jan.23 received maybe jan.27 via quebec)
File Transfer...
dec.20,2011
Med's Request
medical result received feb.24,2012
Med's Done....
aug.09,2011//Jan21,2013//
Interview........
(n/a) /remed forwarded FEB.1,2013
Passport Req..
dec.22,2011(sent jan. 16,2012)
VISA ISSUED...
feb-20,2013/dm feb.22/receieved visa feb.23
ah ok salamat floy...no prob.. akala ko si miss jovy ikaw pala.. hehehe lapit na sya mag fly

floydannie

Jun 25, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AJW said:
Hi,
What is the difference between CFO and COA?
My wife went to CFO seminar and received certificate but no sticker until she gets visa.
CFO Commission on Filipino Overseas is a filipino government agency, required to all filipino people to have a certificate and sticker stamped to every filipino passport to pass at international airport here in the Philippines. They have 2 types of seminar for spousal visa: a sponsor who is a permanent residence and canadian citizen. Permanent resident have their seminar (PDOS) at the main cfo office while canadian cit. (counselling) are at 2 different ngo's: PRISM and SMEF-COW. PRISM at taft in front dela salle univ, while SMEF-COW at katipunan, quezon city. You need to pay 250 pesos at cashier and 150 pesos, total is 400 pesos in my counseling, don't know how much in PDOS. AND IT IS MANDATORY, remember if petition person dont have this, she/he will be hold by Bureau of Immigration at the airport.

IOM International Organization for Migration which organize a COA Canadian Orientation Abroad, a world wide and official pre depature orientation project funded by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) and as I've said to my previous post it cost NOTHING and it is very helpful seminar to all newcomers. Don't worry about this, you will receive the flyer it will attach to your wife's COPR Certificate of Permanent Resident together with passport and visa.

And kindly understand my grammar and spelling because i dont have any time to look and read all over again to my post, i'm in a bad shape today, sleepy and tired and pack my things again for my flight tomorrow to Canada, all i want is to share my experience because this forum helps me lot from the very beginning. Hope this helps...

floydannie

Jun 25, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks sis jing and crisetphil.

to iambjohn and ajw and all here, dont worry guys....it will come soon, i been in your situation before (depressed and stress) and scared at the same time, dont compare your timeline it will cause you more and more down and sad, put allowance, thats what i did before, you never know one of you can break the GUINESS BOOK OF RECORDS who's the shortest timeline this year batch.... Let your spouse enjoy their remaining time with their families in Philippines because it will make them break their heart and feel homesick. Because I feel that too and i don't want to let my husband know that i feel sad to leave my mom behind, i'm feel guilty both of them and I love them.

iambjohn

Star Member
Oct 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2011
File Transfer...
25-10-2011
Med's Done....
05-07-2011
Passport Req..
02-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-01-2012
LANDED..........
09-02-2012
Thanks for the info, floydannie! Have a safe flight tomorrow! :)

aileenruss

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
MLA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2011
Doc's Request.
11-11-2011(letter date)
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Done....
27-05-2011
Passport Req..
11-11-2011(letter date)
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2012
LANDED..........
27-02-2012
got my letter for additional documents and passport today! Nov 25th, although letter was dated Nov 11th. :) Thank you Lord! :)

jing0609

Star Member
Sep 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 7, 2011
AOR Received.
Nov. 14, 2011
File Transfer...
Oct. 18, 2011
Med's Done....
June 2, 2011
Passport Req..
Letter dated: Oct. 20, 2011/Received: Nov. 14, 2011/Passport sent: Nov. 22, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Jan. 19, 2012
LANDED..........
soon..
aileenruss said:
got my letter for additional documents and passport today! Nov 25th, although letter was dated Nov 11th. :) Thank you Lord! :)
congrats po! :D