+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JULY 2011 - MANILA VISA OFFICE (Applicants for July - let's chat!)

G.Ysabelle

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sent Jan. 30, 2012, CIC received Feb. 02
Doc's Request.
Appendix A; Orig. NSO AOM; Passport; PP pics. of my kids - non accompanying
AOR Received.
AOR Feb. 2; DM & Approval May 8, 2012
IELTS Request
Exam date 09/2010 Band Score 7
Med's Done....
Jan. 09, 2012
Passport Req..
Received by CEM May 18; Letter dated June 6; Received June 14; Addt'l docs. sent June 22
april20 said:
hi gracie welcome to this forum...i am also married to a canadian national...you can get that at CEM (manila embassy)...just present the divorce cert. and you will pay also something i cant remember how much though ..
Hi again Ms. April20

I am in need of you and Ms. Jovy's advise. My canadian hubby to be will arrive on the 18th (Friday) and we will go directly at Canadian Embassy Manila, once we have on hand the Affidavit of Legal Capacity to marry we will proceed on same day at Manila City Hall. Now, I have a fixer actually to work on the expedite process of everything ( be paying P25,000), and my schedule civil rights marriage is on the 22nd of this month. I was told by someone that I have to comply with the 10 days waiting period before i get the Marriage License, is this true? did you guys complied for this? did you really wait for 10 days? is it imperative that this 10 days must show on the Marriage License and Marriage Certificate? we will be running out of time if we will follow this as he has very limited time for his short vacation and he cannot extend due to his business. Please give me input here, be needing it asap. Thanks a lot... and God Bless.

floydannie

Jun 25, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
G.Ysabelle said:
Hi Jovy, i hope you will be able to see this message of mine. Somewhat confusing kasi, my soon to be hubby is arriving on the 18th of this month, we will go directly to Canadian Embassy to get his Affidavit of Legal Capacity to get married.... now the issue is this. Did you wait for 10 days when you apply for the Marriage License? because i have a contact from Manila City Hall to expedite this and we dont need to wait for 10 days, my hubby to be has limited time to stay here due to his business. Is it imperative to comply with the 10 days waiting for the marriage license? please do give me feedback on this... Thanks a lot
Hello G. Ysabelle,

No need for you to wait for 10 days to get married if Manila City Hall said yes as long as your husband's passport shows he's staying for 10 days here in philippines, thats the only proof that Manila City Hall wants from the both of you with marriage license application. As I remember the city hall required my husband Affidavit of Legal Capacity from the embassy, passport photocopy shows his entry here in our country and divorce cert. because that time my husband is divorce person. Hope it helps...

KMAEP

Mar 20, 2011
brampton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JANUARY 4, 2011
Med's Done....
DECEMBER 9, 2010
Interview........
JUNE 28, 2011
Passport Req..
FEBRUARY 28, 2011
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 11, 2011
AJW said:
Hi,
Does anyone know how long from time CIM approves sponsor it takes for CEM to get documents from Canada?

CIM approved on Nov. 4/ 2011

Once CEM receives documents approximately how long until they contact my wife?

AJW

@ AJW

NO ONE KNOWS THE EXACT TIME TO TAKE FOR THE DOCUMENTS TO BE SENT ON CEM... BUT MOST PROBABLY YOU NEED TO WAIT FOR MORE THAN A MONTH, OR 2 MONTHS MAYBE FROM THE TIME THE SPONSORSHIP WAS APPROVED..

ONCE THY RECEIVED THEY WILL CONTACT YOUR WIFE THRU POST MAIL ASKING HER PP AND ADDITIONAL DOCUMENT SO ANOTHER 2 WEEKS TO 1 MONTH OF WAITING..

ischie

May 25, 2011
Surrey, British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2011
AOR Received.
10-11-2011
File Transfer...
10-04-2011
Med's Done....
06-01-2011
Passport Req..
10-24-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-16-2012
Another day for all of us waiting to be reunited with our loved ones! Let's keep our faith and trust in the Lord! Good Morning! :D

rudydc742

May 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc-m
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/07/2011
File Transfer...
09/14/2011
Passport Req..
10/18/2011
VISA ISSUED...
14/12/2011
zildjian said:
Tnx God. Just got my PPR today dated october 28. Only appendix A and passp0rt are requested and a copy of the letter.
congrats din po!!!

minimighty

Star Member
Sep 7, 2011
@ G.Ysabelle

your question is very important. I suggest, you verify the true information. You cannot make a mistake on this. The canadian embassy knows the Philippine laws when it comes to marriage.

I was in the same situation with you when I got married. In my case, Davao city hall implemented the 12 days posting (10 working days) before we received our marriage license. We had no choice but to wait. We already contracted the hotel for our wedding on a certain date. We had to pay extra money for extension. Good thing my husband and I stayed here for 21 days.

Make sure the decision you make will not affect your application later on. Good luck and be a happy bride.

zildjian

Star Member
Jul 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
File Transfer...
07-10-2011
Med's Done....
06-06-2011
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
DM 02-20-2012 / VISA RECEIVED 02-27-2012
LANDED..........
03-13-2012

Jovy

Mar 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-7-11
Med's Done....
02-05-2011
G.Ysabelle said:
Hi again Ms. April20

I am in need of you and Ms. Jovy's advise. My canadian hubby to be will arrive on the 18th (Friday) and we will go directly at Canadian Embassy Manila, once we have on hand the Affidavit of Legal Capacity to marry we will proceed on same day at Manila City Hall. Now, I have a fixer actually to work on the expedite process of everything ( be paying P25,000), and my schedule civil rights marriage is on the 22nd of this month. I was told by someone that I have to comply with the 10 days waiting period before i get the Marriage License, is this true? did you guys complied for this? did you really wait for 10 days? is it imperative that this 10 days must show on the Marriage License and Marriage Certificate? we will be running out of time if we will follow this as he has very limited time for his short vacation and he cannot extend due to his business. Please give me input here, be needing it asap. Thanks a lot... and God Bless.
Hi G. Ysabelle, il be giving you what i know ok, but you really have to verify this to the right people... (i mean in the city hall), my advise is don't believe any FIXER, u dont have to pay any amount to anyone not directly related to the fees u have to pay in the City Hall for ur wedding, maliit lng ang need mo bayaran for the wedding, as far as i remember nsa 1k lng yta ang binayaran ko nun (civil wedding), i supposed to gt married April, but kinulang kame sa oras that's why we moved it last quarter of 2010... Yes it was really frustrating na hindi natuloy wedding namin because we complied with what is needed... NEVER NEVER NEVER violate any rules or else masasayang ang lahat... kase if dayain mo man yan at may fixer ka na malakas but still mgrereflect po ang lahat sa PASSPORT ng husband mo, it will show there the arrival & departure date so again mbubuking na kulang ka sa araw (to comply with the 10days posting in City Hall).

So hindi kame natuloy mkasal ng april kaya we had the chance pa to know each other better and in a way maganda yun to proved that our relationship is genuine... with God's guidance natuloy naman ang wedding namin, dun ko narealize na kung para sa iyo para sa iyo talaga, kase my fear that time was.. another 6 months of waiting is very long and many things could happen, so i pray hard that God will make us stronger and ayun awa ng Diyos natuloy naman and everything is running smoothly.

My advise is: follow what is right to do, do everything right kase nagsisimula kayo, if sa simula palang mali na then lahat ng susunod might be complicated... don't rush, everything happens for a reason... if he can stay longer just to comply with the rules then it will be better... but i understand na mahirap yun, kase lalo na kung may ticket na pabalik...

So pray and reflect about the BEST thing to do ok... wag padalos dalos and do what is right... God Bless!!!!

(always ask advise from knowledgeable ones, wag ka po masyado susunod sa fixer, kase pedeng intention lng nila eh mkuha ang money mo).. Good luck

iambjohn

Star Member
Oct 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2011
File Transfer...
25-10-2011
Med's Done....
05-07-2011
Passport Req..
02-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-01-2012
LANDED..........
09-02-2012
@Jovy
I agree with you. Dumaan din kmi ng asawa ko sa situation like G. Ysabelle na nagmamadali makakuha ng marriage license para pagdating niya dito sa Pinas e kasalan na agad. Reason naman namin kasi maayos agad ung NSO Marriage Certificate dahil gusto namin maipasa agad app namin dahil narin sobrang tagal na namin magkalayo at gusto na namin magstart ng buhay namin together. At first plan ko na kumuha ng marriage license kahit nasa Canada pa 'yung asawa ko that time. Pwede nga ma-expedite processing ng marriage license dahil kakilala namin 'yung Mayor sa lugar namin. Pero 'yung Mayor mismo nag-advise samin na sundin ung regular processing dahil gumagawa nga ng background checking ung CEM. Possible daw magkaroon ng di magandang epekto sa app yun.

@G. Ysabelle
Alalahanin mo may anti-fixer bill na ang Pilipinas. Makikita mo lahat ng gov't agencies my poster regarding sa mga fixers. Do the right thing para wala kang pagsisihan sa bandang huli. Hangga't maaari kayo mismo ng mapapangasawa mo mag-adjust sa situation. P25k is too much. Hindi pa nga lalagpas ng P1k ung fees dahil cedula fee at marriage license fee lang naman babayaran mo sa city hall. Good luck po! :)

G.Ysabelle

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Jan. 09, 2012
Passport Req..
Received by CEM May 18; Letter dated June 6; Received June 14; Addt'l docs. sent June 22
floydannie said:
Hello G. Ysabelle,

No need for you to wait for 10 days to get married if Manila City Hall said yes as long as your husband's passport shows he's staying for 10 days here in philippines, thats the only proof that Manila City Hall wants from the both of you with marriage license application. As I remember the city hall required my husband Affidavit of Legal Capacity from the embassy, passport photocopy shows his entry here in our country and divorce cert. because that time my husband is divorce person. Hope it helps...
Oh thanks so much Ms. Floydannie... now it's clear, same with what my lawyer had told me too. We actually have a fixer from inside to do all this process at P25,000.00, as much as I dont want it but his stay is really limited. After this the application process next which I hope I can seek advice from you if needed. Thanks a lot and God Bless.

meg29

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
G.Ysabelle said:
Oh thanks so much Ms. Floydannie... now it's clear, same with what my lawyer had told me too. We actually have a fixer from inside to do all this process at P25,000.00, as much as I dont want it but his stay is really limited. After this the application process next which I hope I can seek advice from you if needed. Thanks a lot and God Bless.
i quite agree with @ iambjohn that u had to follow teh 10 days application kac sumtimes the cem do really check on it...makita kasi din yan sa arrival ng hubby mo...me and my hubby we had to follow the 10 days application kahit anytime gusto nami pakasal puede kasi uncle ko ung Mayor sa town na kakasal sa amin at Lola ko ang incharge sa mga wedding seminars and all pero we opt to follow the 10 days kac un ang advise e...husband ko kahit na pinoy at taga amin lang but still limited time lang ang vacation din namatay pa lola ko , anyways, we followed the 10 days talga as per advised...

without following the 10 days , it can be basis for null and void of marriage and can be grounds for annulment..and f mag doubt CEM baka tatawag sila and mag ask....baka may discrepancy makita sa time of arrival and date of marriage....just to be on teh safe side lang....don't risk it especially now that the CEM are instructed by the PM of Canada to really screen through family visa applicants to avoid approval of marriage in convenience..baka makamalan kau....search on the net about PM Kenney's instruction to VO's about the screening of family visa applicants....last month or dis month lang ung bnalita sa canada..

tigas ulo ko ayaw ko sana nga din ng 10 days to follow pero my lola and my uncle na xa din Mayor sa town, was against it and advised talga d 10 days kc almost everybody knows about it what more daw mga tao sa VIsa office...kaya, 10 days talaga kami nagwait kahit na Sunday ..so Sunday kami kinasal sa opisina ng Mayor...sa 10 days kasali na ang week end sa counting..:):)

another thing, dahil lola ko ang nagseminar din sa mga ikakasal, hindi kami sumali ng hubby ko kasi ayoko makinig sa lola ko kac baka korny at she signed naman sa papers ko , so opt not to attend...but now i truly, regret it kc kahit pinoy hubby ko, dami naming away....maybe tihngs would have been clearer about our obligation to each other kkung nag attend ako noon........they said the seminar for married couple to be was fun and lots of advise daw..i regret talaga for not attending the seminar....

meg29

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
@G. Ysabelle pls refer to dis link, dis is what all visa office in manila follow's i think...pls read on it especially on teh procedure..http://www.manilavisa.com/services-in-the-philippines/marriage-in-the-philippines/ ...click on the link..hope i'm able to help in any way,kita ko lang to sa net e...

minimighty

Star Member
Sep 7, 2011
It looks like G. Ysabelle has not read our messages (Jovy, meg, and iambjohn). I hope she has not proceeded yet and paid the fixer.

G.Ysabelle

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Jan. 09, 2012
Passport Req..
minimighty said:
@ G.Ysabelle

your question is very important. I suggest, you verify the true information. You cannot make a mistake on this. The canadian embassy knows the Philippine laws when it comes to marriage.

I was in the same situation with you when I got married. In my case, Davao city hall implemented the 12 days posting (10 working days) before we received our marriage license. We had no choice but to wait. We already contracted the hotel for our wedding on a certain date. We had to pay extra money for extension. Good thing my husband and I stayed here for 21 days.

Make sure the decision you make will not affect your application later on. Good luck and be a happy bride.
omg.... thank goodness i check again here, i had everything set already on the 22nd of this month and paid the fixer and the accommodation. The best thing that i can do as I think now is to have the 22nd as re-enactment only, then make our Marriage Contract dated after 10 days which is on December 02, with that I complied with what is required. My hubby will stay for only 14 days, so we will run out of time if we wait on the actual 10 days. Thank you so much for this information and the wishes... stress and headache is eating me already. God Bless.

AJW

Star Member
Nov 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Miss
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/07/11
AOR Received.
29/07/11
File Transfer...
7/12/11 DM file sent to CEM
Passport Req..
22-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
???
floydannie said:
I guess she's in a hurry, hope lots of people surround her will give her a good advise/the right thing to do about our marriage law here in philippines. 25k is too much and suspicious.

I agree 100%

We was faced with same situation and we had to follow rules.
My wife also made an appointment for the actual day we got married in advance of my arrival.
I always enjoy my visit to Philippines, he should try to spend a few more days and enjoy the weather as it is getting colder here.