+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Jul'18 Application, 12+ months In Process

neuroticdan

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Good afternoon;

IRCC received my Citizenship application on Jul 30, 2018. I had called about a month ago and they advised to call again after the one-year mark.

I called yesterday (Jul 31), they advised that my file was fine, at the Scarborough location, waiting to be processed (I know there's a large queue there).

The agent also said that he'd put a note into the file, saying that it had been more than one year - said he expected that to move things along.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Any thoughts on what to expect? I'm in no huge rush, but would really like to get this process over.

Thanks;

NeuroticDan

r1ley

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Good afternoon;

IRCC received my Citizenship application on Jul 30, 2018. I had called about a month ago and they advised to call again after the one-year mark.

I called yesterday (Jul 31), they advised that my file was fine, at the Scarborough location, waiting to be processed (I know there's a large queue there).

The agent also said that he'd put a note into the file, saying that it had been more than one year - said he expected that to move things along.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Any thoughts on what to expect? I'm in no huge rush, but would really like to get this process over.

Thanks;

NeuroticDan
This is normal for GTA. You shold be taking your oath in the next month or two. Scarborough frequently calls people for oath taking the day after the test so it's possible that this can happen for you.

Reactions: neuroticdan