+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Judicial Review

sudy007

Star Member
Sep 17, 2011
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Has any body applied for citizenship, passed the writtend exam and the english language test, but had a judical hearing, and was denied citizenship as the minister had doubts about meeting residency requirements.

Did any of you go for a judicial review. What were the clauses or rules under which you filed a leave for judicial review, i intend to do it myself, as i do not have the resources to hire a lawyer, so all information or even your forms you had submiitted and ther relevant sections of the law will be helpful. I need to submit it before the 16th of december

sudy007

Star Member
Sep 17, 2011
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Yes, I know someone had exact situation and also there is a Law firm I know they help those for free . They choose client based on the circumstances. First I need to know, when you applied , I mean you have signed your application, did you have 1095days physical presence in Canada?
yes, i did

i have to submit leave for judicial review by the 16th, dec 17, as i had got the refusal letter on Nov 17th

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

You had to leave? What is that? When did you applied and how you counted your day? I remember you had family visa refusal for your wife then you need to get DNA to prove your kids . Cic refused based one the sham marriage. Not sure that plays any role here or not. Farebox might have different suggestion
1. To appeal the decision of the Citizenship judge, you have to apply for "leave to appeal" to the Federal Court of Canada.

robw

Mar 10, 2014
Yes, I know someone had exact situation and also there is a Law firm I know they help those for free . They choose client based on the circumstances. First I need to know, when you applied , I mean you have signed your application, did you have 1095days physical presence in Canada?
Why would a law firm do this kind of work for free?