+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JUDICIAL REVIEW TIMELINES

amanssidhu

Mar 22, 2020
Nothing has changed in my latest update. Fortunately I didn't have to go through the court and they agreed for the IRCC to directly review my case when they stopped processing tourist visas. Just something strange...my application went from being "refused" to "processing" this week. I found that very weird since they aren't processing any visas. Apparently they have received my returned file but I don't think they are "processing" because they haven't requested any new documents (which they should btw). On the immigration website they've stopped processing tourist visas until June 30 but I really don't know
you think too much but wrongly. your's is a settlement scenario and very rightly the status changed to processing. good news is not far if everything is ok in your profile. would you like to share the name of the law firm you hired for judicial review. you can even message me privately if you are not comfortable sharing it here on the public forum. by the way visas were always processing during the pandemic but at a very slow speed due to skeleton staff.

User2323

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
Nothing has changed in my latest update. Fortunately I didn't have to go through the court and they agreed for the IRCC to directly review my case when they stopped processing tourist visas. Just something strange...my application went from being "refused" to "processing" this week. I found that very weird since they aren't processing any visas. Apparently they have received my returned file but I don't think they are "processing" because they haven't requested any new documents (which they should btw). On the immigration website they've stopped processing tourist visas until June 30 but I really don't know
Good morning sorry to bother. I was going through the thread for judicial review timelines and came accross your thread. I just got a settlement offer from DoJ yesterday and if you don't mind me asking, how long does it take for ircc to reopen your file after you file for discontinuance?
Thanks

Reactions: VJ2012

anna2020

Apr 2, 2020
In March IRCC agreed to directly review my case instead of going through the courts and right after everything got shut down because of coronavirus. In June my application went from refused to "processing. They should be asking me to resend some documents or update my file but ever since then I have gotten no updates.

User2323

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
Yeah this covid really hurt us all. But wow since June nothing on file? So your file just reopened in June after beint closed but nothing was said/asked of you? Have you requested your GSCM notes? I found this usually helps ircc look at your file. I just got my settlement yesterday after applying for leave since January 2020 so i have to file for discontinuance but have 0 idea how long it will take to reopen or process my application. Doj did mention that there would be delays on reconsideration due to covid

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
In March IRCC agreed to directly review my case instead of going through the courts and right after everything got shut down because of coronavirus. In June my application went from refused to "processing. They should be asking me to resend some documents or update my file but ever since then I have gotten no updates.
If you have no family in Canada currently you wouldn’t be able to fly anyways.

anna2020

Apr 2, 2020
Yeah this covid really hurt us all. But wow since June nothing on file? So your file just reopened in June after beint closed but nothing was said/asked of you? Have you requested your GSCM notes? I found this usually helps ircc look at your file. I just got my settlement yesterday after applying for leave since January 2020 so i have to file for discontinuance but have 0 idea how long it will take to reopen or process my application. Doj did mention that there would be delays on reconsideration due to covid
I've actually been waiting since March. In June, I just got an update on my actual online account that the file is processing but no news ever since. I've heard once you file for discontinue it takes usually a month for them to get back to you to send updated documents. In my case it's been 5 months and reading other peoples cases here seems like lots of people are still waiting on TRV responses. That does make me worry as to how much longer it will take

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I've actually been waiting since March. In June, I just got an update on my actual online account that the file is processing but no news ever since. I've heard once you file for discontinue it takes usually a month for them to get back to you to send updated documents. In my case it's been 5 months and reading other peoples cases here seems like lots of people are still waiting on TRV responses. That does make me worry as to how much longer it will take
If you have no family in Canada you don’t qualify to travel to Canada so there isn’t a huge rush to secure the TRV.

georgey101

Jun 14, 2019
Hi Anna, can you kindly let me know the lawyer/ firm that handled your Judicial Review and how much it cost you. Would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

BlessedGirl

Nov 20, 2016
ITA: Nov 13 2019
AOR: Nov 22 2019
ADR: April 1 2020
ADR SENT: April 7 2020
APP Refused: June 21 2020
Judicial Review: July 6 2020
Rule 9: July 16 2020
Settlement: July 31 2020
APP Reopened: September 12 2020
RPRF request: September 21 2020
Corp: September 24 2020

I used Matkowsky Law
My application was refused because of a stupid reason, I am inland and I claimed 15 point for having a Sibling in Canada. But the officer foolishly said that he doesn’t believe that we are siblings

Reactions: lisarogers

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Have you received a response? Have you applied by yourself or it was through the lawyer? Can a TRV applicant apply by themselves if they are outside of Canada?

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
ITA: Nov 13 2019
AOR: Nov 22 2019
ADR: April 1 2020
ADR SENT: April 7 2020
APP Refused: June 21 2020
Judicial Review: July 6 2020
Rule 9: July 16 2020
Settlement: July 31 2020
APP Reopened: September 12 2020
RPRF request: September 21 2020
Corp: September 24 2020

I used Matkowsky Law
My application was refused because of a stupid reason, I am inland and I claimed 15 point for having a Sibling in Canada. But the officer foolishly said that he doesn’t believe that we are siblings
How much did it cost you for JR? Why you didn't just send a letter of reconsideration?

Dannyoyea

Jun 13, 2021
If you have no family in Canada you don’t qualify to travel to Canada so there isn’t a huge rush to secure the TRV.
Hi Anna 2020, you you gotten your study permit now. I would like to know because I have a similar situation

msqureshi

Jan 13, 2016
LANDED..........
29th Dec 2017
Hi guys, My mothers visit visa refused today 19th December 2021. She had a prior visit visa refused due to weak home ties and not having strong assets. This time I applied for Super Visa and they refused based on weak home ties.

Applied : August 9th

December 13th Medical Passed

December 19th : Refused (Poland Warsaw Visa Office)

I took help from immigration lawyers. We provided every ties we possibly could :

1) Her Pension comes in every month and every 6 months as per the local law she has to come in to the bank to provide her bio-metrics or else her pension will stop. So she has to come back no matter what within 6 months

2) Her properties. She has to be there to take care of it.

3) Investments on her name from which we received monthly profits to take care of the household expense

4) Free Medical facility in the country which is literally available to only few. (Due to my late father being employed in Government)

5) Her 6 brothers are all in same city with her. being a sole sister to 6 brother she has strong ties to them.

6) Medical Insurance $100,000

7) I (her son) sponsored her. Meet income requirements.

8) Letter from MP

9) Affidavit and letter of support notarized from court in Canada.

10) Self income, Investments etc.

What else they need?

The only problem : We are children are abroad and not in country. But she does have her brothers and they all live in the same city. She is very close to them. Also because of the above reasons related to her pension, free medical and investments, properties why would she stay back???

I have a meeting with my lawyer on 20th December 2021. We will discuss what we have to do.

trendyx

Apr 9, 2019
Hi guys, My mothers visit visa refused today 19th December 2021. She had a prior visit visa refused due to weak home ties and not having strong assets. This time I applied for Super Visa and they refused based on weak home ties.

Applied : August 9th

December 13th Medical Passed

December 19th : Refused (Poland Warsaw Visa Office)

I took help from immigration lawyers. We provided every ties we possibly could :

1) Her Pension comes in every month and every 6 months as per the local law she has to come in to the bank to provide her bio-metrics or else her pension will stop. So she has to come back no matter what within 6 months

2) Her properties. She has to be there to take care of it.

3) Investments on her name from which we received monthly profits to take care of the household expense

4) Free Medical facility in the country which is literally available to only few. (Due to my late father being employed in Government)

5) Her 6 brothers are all in same city with her. being a sole sister to 6 brother she has strong ties to them.

6) Medical Insurance $100,000

7) I (her son) sponsored her. Meet income requirements.

8) Letter from MP

9) Affidavit and letter of support notarized from court in Canada.

10) Self income, Investments etc.

What else they need?

The only problem : We are children are abroad and not in country. But she does have her brothers and they all live in the same city. She is very close to them. Also because of the above reasons related to her pension, free medical and investments, properties why would she stay back???

I have a meeting with my lawyer on 20th December 2021. We will discuss what we have to do.
This same visa office in warsaw poland denied me based on purpose of visit as if they didn't see I plan going for studies. 2nd reason is based on ties in canada and country of residence. Very weak and shallow reasons. Pls let's keep in touch with the way forward.