+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JUDICIAL REVIEW TIMELINES

trendyx

Apr 9, 2019
Hi guys, My mothers visit visa refused today 19th December 2021. She had a prior visit visa refused due to weak home ties and not having strong assets. This time I applied for Super Visa and they refused based on weak home ties.

Applied : August 9th

December 13th Medical Passed

December 19th : Refused (Poland Warsaw Visa Office)

I took help from immigration lawyers. We provided every ties we possibly could :

1) Her Pension comes in every month and every 6 months as per the local law she has to come in to the bank to provide her bio-metrics or else her pension will stop. So she has to come back no matter what within 6 months

2) Her properties. She has to be there to take care of it.

3) Investments on her name from which we received monthly profits to take care of the household expense

4) Free Medical facility in the country which is literally available to only few. (Due to my late father being employed in Government)

5) Her 6 brothers are all in same city with her. being a sole sister to 6 brother she has strong ties to them.

6) Medical Insurance $100,000

7) I (her son) sponsored her. Meet income requirements.

8) Letter from MP

9) Affidavit and letter of support notarized from court in Canada.

10) Self income, Investments etc.

What else they need?

The only problem : We are children are abroad and not in country. But she does have her brothers and they all live in the same city. She is very close to them. Also because of the above reasons related to her pension, free medical and investments, properties why would she stay back???

I have a meeting with my lawyer on 20th December 2021. We will discuss what we have to do.
Hello pls any update from your Lawyer?

lisarogers

Star Member
Oct 16, 2021
Hello Anna,

Just like you, my friend was denied a visitor's visa in February for flimsy reasons and we wrote a letter for reconsideration to the London visa office without any response. So he decided to file an application for judicial review in the Court. We were able to file it early March before the whole COVID crisis escalated and two weeks ago, received an offer to settle from IRCC's lawyers. We accepted the offer to settle and filed a Notice of Discontinuance this week. We've been told to wait for his application to be reopened.

He too had had a couple of study visa refusals in the past and it was obvious from the GCMS notes that the officers did not even review his visitor visa application before denying him.
What a great success story!!