+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Judicial review settlement offer

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Have you tried raising a webform? as far as I know, they don't guarantee any time frame when the application will be reopened.
I read that if inside Canada [Ott
Hello there,,
I am glad to inform you that After settlement today just now my file has been re open after 7 months...it now in processing in New Delhi visa office India ...hopefully they will require some updates docs...
Congratulations Malkeet. I know this is just one step forward though

New Delhi office is snail paced with everything it appears.

Did your lawyer tell you what to expect?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Settlement was gotten September 9
Application was reopened November 1, new doc requested Nov 3.

No decision up until now.

post graduate Work permit outside canada.

Anyone also waiting for a redetermination after application reopened

Nairobi visa office
Congratulations. That is a good step forward

Would you mind sharing what doc was asked for?

Malkeet1

Star Member
Sep 27, 2017
I read that if inside Canada [Ott

Congratulations Malkeet. I know this is just one step forward though

New Delhi office is snail paced with everything it appears.

Did your lawyer tell you what to expect?
I informed to my lawyer (Consultant ) that my application has been reopen ..he was not aware...after this what i can expect from them ?

Malkeet1

Star Member
Sep 27, 2017
After settlement
When they asked for new docs...will i get only email regarding this or it will show new msg in GCC account ?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
I informed to my lawyer (Consultant ) that my application has been reopen ..he was not aware...after this what i can expect from them ?
I am not entirely sure of the steps and do not wish to misguide you.

This is what I have heard that could happen

1. They open up Additional Docs section - And inform you to submit a doc - They communicate with your lawyer who got the settlement

2. They directly issue PPR too at times

Malkeet1

Star Member
Sep 27, 2017
I am not entirely sure of the steps and do not wish to misguide you.

This is what I have heard that could happen

1. They open up Additional Docs section - And inform you to submit a doc - They communicate with your lawyer who got the settlement

2. They directly issue PPR too at times
Ok..thanks..i will share if get any new update

Reactions: BA101

Greeny786

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2021
both time settlement
This is time wasting for an applicant. Ircc playing with emotions. Its common sense if file was weak then let it go to hearing but if ircc offering settlement means your profile is strong and visa should had been issued. But they rejected again and then on next jr they again given settlement. Terrible and so frustrating

itsmecan

Jun 10, 2021
@Greeny786 Good on you to go to such lengths. It is such a shame that IRCC chooses to take a shortcut and brand, everyone, with criminal intent to overstay their visas. If only they take that effort to study each case individually this would not happen. If you cant manage workload, say it out loud and close the SP applications until you fix everything.

For the effort you have put in itself, I hope you get approved soon! All the best.

marty90

Star Member
Feb 20, 2022
This is time wasting for an applicant. Ircc playing with emotions. Its common sense if file was weak then let it go to hearing but if ircc offering settlement means your profile is strong and visa should had been issued. But they rejected again and then on next jr they again given settlement. Terrible and so frustrating
I wish you all the best with your JR . But my honest opinion is just apply from your home country (question 7 and 9 ) on the IMM form. No matter what you do the VO will accord less weight to UAE ties unless you have citizenship. You can even be a CEO . it doesnt matter !! I have been following your posts for a very longtime and each time you where preparing to reapply i honestly knew you where going to get the same response.

Reactions: trendyx

sharmgop

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
Ok this is a lot of data and thank you once again for sharing those insights.

I think the timeline is stretched if disputed in court however a settlement offer from IRCC is quicker.

One lady from iran file was open in 30 days after settlement, and then next 30 days she got visa total time 2 months, thats only 2 cases on this forum available about settlement. *This is quickest*

on guy waiting since three to four months for reopen - This is to be seen. Do we know if these are all TRV's mostly ?
I am the guy waiting from 4 months. Haven’t heard a word about reopening the application, haven’t received any correspondence. I received settlement after receiving rule 9, my case (inland spousal sponsorship) had a huge error in the law. I received procedural fairness for genuineness of relationship. After that I removed my consultant and responded with solid bulk evidence and but still was refused a month later. I filed for JR with one of the lawyers in Toronto.
After receiving rule 9, it was quite evident that the immigration officer who rendered the refusal didn’t bother looking at my submitted response which was in bulk. I got settlement by IRCC on October 18th 2021. My lawyer filed discontinuous after 2-3 days I guess.
I am still waiting to hear back… The immigration office is Etobicoke local office which is known for its delays and carelessness. Please if anybody know how much longer do I have to wait, please let me know or anything I can do to expedite the procedure. I am bugging my lawyer from 2 weeks now to follow with department of justice but he is saying when the case was settled the Ircc lawyer who gave settlement mentioned to expect a significant delay in processing of the application. I no longer see my application in ecas tool since they remove the application from there after 6 months of refusal. I haven’t met my parents back home from 8 years. I’m devastated to think that I have not been able to attend few family funerals as well. I have missed a lot of things because of error in Canadian immigration.

Greeny786

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2021
I am the guy waiting from 4 months. Haven’t heard a word about reopening the application, haven’t received any correspondence. I received settlement after receiving rule 9, my case (inland spousal sponsorship) had a huge error in the law. I received procedural fairness for genuineness of relationship. After that I removed my consultant and responded with solid bulk evidence and but still was refused a month later. I filed for JR with one of the lawyers in Toronto.
After receiving rule 9, it was quite evident that the immigration officer who rendered the refusal didn’t bother looking at my submitted response which was in bulk. I got settlement by IRCC on October 18th 2021. My lawyer filed discontinuous after 2-3 days I guess.
I am still waiting to hear back… The immigration office is Etobicoke local office which is known for its delays and carelessness. Please if anybody know how much longer do I have to wait, please let me know or anything I can do to expedite the procedure. I am bugging my lawyer from 2 weeks now to follow with department of justice but he is saying when the case was settled the Ircc lawyer who gave settlement mentioned to expect a significant delay in processing of the application. I no longer see my application in ecas tool since they remove the application from there after 6 months of refusal. I haven’t met my parents back home from 8 years. I’m devastated to think that I have not been able to attend few family funerals as well. I have missed a lot of things because of error in Canadian immigration.
What nationality u have