+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

judicial review after study permit rejected, please urgent help!

Apr 23, 2022
Hello everyone! I am Harman; my JR process is under process. Kindly help me; I have few doubts and questions. I would be thankful if you guys can assist me in this.

My profile and applications details:-

78% in 12th in Commerce Stream C.B.S.E. BOARD (2020 pass out)

Overall 7 bands in IELTS (6 each), Expiring on 15 Oct 2022

Two times refused, First time for Sept 2021 intake CDI College Montreal

Second time applied for offer letter for Business Administration Diploma Jan 2022 intake in Red Deer College in Alberta on 23 August 2021. Got LOA on 5 Oct. Paid tuition fees and agent I consulted started preparing for SOP. My father is a farmer so we attached J-FORMs (official document of income from farming) as financial documents. My file was lodged on 22 Nov. Processing time was 2 to 3 months at that time. But I received refusal on 7 Dec, Common Reason – You will not leave Canada. Then, agent applied for Caips/GCMS Notes on 22 December and deferred my classes to May 2022 also suggested to apply for JR. He applied for JR in January, leave granted in February, Court hearing was on 8 March. Now only judge’s decision is pending and there’s no hope I will receive decision on time. So, in couple of days I will apply for Sept 2022 deferment. Also, I haven’t received Caips Notes yet; it’s been more than 4 months, agent saying IRCC is taking time.

Please clear my following doubts:-

• Is it possible to lodge new file/application for Sept 2022 intake while JR is under process?
  • Will my new file get refused as IRCC can say that I lodged new file without receiving any decision from JR?
  • Is it possible to discontinue or withdraw from JR?
  • Do you guys believe that Caips can take too long, more than 4 months?
I would be very thankful, if you help me with this. Please guide me.

THANK YOU

Last edited:

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello everyone! I am Harman; my JR process is under process. Kindly help me; I have few doubts and questions. I would be thankful if you guys can assist me in this.

Second time applied for offer letter for Business Administration Diploma Jan 2022 intake in Red Deer College in Alberta on 23 August 2021. Got LOA on 5 Oct. Paid tuition fees and agent I consulted started preparing for SOP. My father is a farmer so we attached J-FORMs (official document of income from farming) as financial documents. My file was lodged on 22 Nov as my consultant said he worked hard on my SOP that’s why my file was lodged late. Processing time was 2 to 3 months at that time. But I received refusal on 7 Dec, Common Reason – You will not leave Canada. Then, agent applied for Caips/GCMS Notes on 22 December and deferred my classes to May 2022 also suggested to apply for JR. He applied for JR in January, leave granted in February, Court hearing was on 8 March. Now only judge’s decision is pending and there’s no hope I will receive decision on time. So, in couple of days I will apply for Sept 2022 deferment. Also, I haven’t received Caips Notes yet; it’s been more than 4 months, agent saying IRCC is taking time.

But, I doubt that agent is lying about Caips Notes. I think he did any mistake while lodging file and hiding it by asking that they haven’t got Caips yet.

• Is it possible to lodge new file/application for Sept 2022 intake while JR is under process?
  • Will my new file get refused as IRCC can say that I lodged new file without receiving any decision from JR?

THANK YOU
  1. YES
  2. NO. you wont get automatic refusal for submitting another application pending JR decision.
  3. YES
  4. Usually takes 6 weeks or more with current backlog situation. Your agent can send you confirmation of request if in doubt

Apr 23, 2022
  1. YES
  2. NO. you wont get automatic refusal for submitting another application pending JR decision.
  3. YES
  4. Usually takes 6 weeks or more with current backlog situation. Your agent can send you confirmation of request if in doubt
Thank You @Simba112
Generally, how much time does JR take? Will my September intake become possible?

DesiPikachu

Jan 13, 2021

Second time applied for offer letter for Business Administration Diploma Jan 2022 intake in Red Deer College in Alberta on 23 August 2021. Got LOA on 5 Oct. Paid tuition fees and agent I consulted started preparing for SOP. My father is a farmer so we attached J-FORMs (official document of income from farming) as financial documents. My file was lodged on 22 Nov. Processing time was 2 to 3 months at that time. But I received refusal on 7 Dec, Common Reason – You will not leave Canada. Then, agent applied for Caips/GCMS Notes on 22 December and deferred my classes to May 2022 also suggested to apply for JR. He applied for JR in January, leave granted in February, Court hearing was on 8 March. Now only judge’s decision is pending and there’s no hope I will receive decision on time. So, in couple of days I will apply for Sept 2022 deferment. Also, I haven’t received Caips Notes yet; it’s been more than 4 months, agent saying IRCC is taking time.

THANK YOU
If you did JR then your attorney should've received rule 9 notes (which is basically GCMS notes). Ask your attorney for a copy. Next time apply for GCMS notes yourself using services like caipsnotes.com and getgcms.com. Don't rely on your agent.

As to your questions:

1. Sure you can lodge a new application while a JR is in progress. But IRCC will likely keep the new application on hold. You can still try though - at most you'll lose out the money for a new application.
3. It's possible but that's a waste of money.
4. Usually not beyond 90 days. Your agent is probably lieing to you. Write an email to address mentioned on this page seeking a status update of your request.

Jun 27, 2016
urgent help please, anyone has information about the federal court after the study permit rejected and getting a settlement offer from IRCC how long time will take my account will be updated by the Canadian embassy?​
Hi Warvan, I have the similar situation for my brother’ study permit. 2 refusals and I applied for judicial review and received settlement for reconsideration on November 28,2022. I have checked cic account and the account has not been updated yet. Do you know when can i expect to hear from them as compared to your timeline

Greeny786

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2021
Hi Warvan, I have the similar situation for my brother’ study permit. 2 refusals and I applied for judicial review and received settlement for reconsideration on November 28,2022. I have checked cic account and the account has not been updated yet. Do you know when can i expect to hear from them as compared to your timeline
Depends on embassy