Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2012
LANDED..........
27-07-2012
What a beautiful story .What an exciting life experience. Thanks for sharing with us
Do we give up and quit immigration?

I have been on immigration since 2000. Do I give up.

Many hundred of thousand of applicant are waiting daily to receive either AOR, medical request or passport

What do we tell them

Azad Jan

Star Member
May 23, 2010
Lahore, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 13, 2009
AOR Received.
Sep 27, 2010 (2nd AOR)
IELTS Request
8 Overall
File Transfer...
July 27, 2010
Med's Request
Feb 21, 2012
Med's Done....
April 4, 2012
Passport Req..
PPR1: Oct 26, 2012. PPR2: Nov 22, 2012.
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 15, 2012. PP Received: Dec 22, 2012.
LANDED..........
March 2013 iA
WOW! That was indeed a great story.

I am only half way through the process, but my biggest concern at this point is the adjustment I would have to make on going from an extremely well placed position here (attained after working my ass off for 15 years) with one of the biggest global corporations, to a position of a daily wager of sorts (at least in the start, I presume).

I have my Bachelors and MBA from the States, but how much will that help me in getting at least a mid-level position in Canada, if at all.

Having said that, I have a strong belief that being too comfortable with your life leads to deterioration. The struggle is what matters, and the struggle and perseverence is what brings opportuntities closer to you. No pain, no gain :)

I guess unless I try, I won't know.

Anyway, thanks for sharing that.

'ciao
Azad Jan

satish_lkb

Nov 1, 2009
Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2009
Doc's Request.
16-12-2009
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
16-12-2009
Med's Request
20-08-2010
Med's Done....
15-09-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
18-01-2011 Decision made 08-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2011
LANDED..........
08-07-2011
shibuya said:
Hi Satish,
I read ur post and just wanna put my opinion. It is often seen that many people just after getting their visas resign their jobs and leave for Canada to start their adventure.
My opinion is since u are a Banking Proffesional doing well in Bahrain just go to Canada and get ur PR cards and come back to Bahrain. Do not resign ur jobs. There is no fast rule that after getting visa we should permanently settle in Canada. You can go back permanently after 2 more yrs stay in Bahrain.In this time frame u will add up ur finances and secondly u can register with any college in Canada and do some courses to get Canadian Banking certification.
Later when u move it will be much more easier to get a job in ur desired stream. This is just my personal view point.

Regards,
Shibuya
Dear Shibuya,

Thanx for your comments!! Your suggestion is good, but for me there is a small issue. My daughter is aged 13 yrs and for her studies I think we should move as early as possible. Only thing is whether both of us should resign or not. Anyways lets wait and see.

By the by, Sibuya... whats news? Hope you are doing well... All the best bro and keep in touch..

Satish

satish_lkb

Nov 1, 2009
Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2009
Doc's Request.
16-12-2009
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
16-12-2009
Med's Request
20-08-2010
Med's Done....
15-09-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
18-01-2011 Decision made 08-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2011
LANDED..........
08-07-2011
Dear Qorax,

Thank you very much for your valuable suggestions!! brother, we have already decided for the great move!! After actively participating this Forum, now we know what are the probable issues in Canada for the beginners and what will be the future after that...

Thank you very much.

Satish

carl128

Jul 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2010 and received 08-09-2010; PER received 08-03-2011
AOR Received.
March 31, 2011
IELTS Request
Feb 25, 2011
File Transfer...
RBVO-April1, 2011
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
May 31, 2011
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Hopefully in 2011
Josh experience are both a warning and an inspiration..me too had a lump in my throat while at the midpoint of his story..we too have a twin son and plans to bring them along before I read josh posts. But afterwards, I am thinking of leaving them first then come back in a few months after we establish our careers or once we got a good paying job. Plan to do some studies and take exams before I go there for both mine and my wife's occupation is a regulated one.
Because of this, we really have to plan our moves before we test canadas grounds because its not a fairyland that makes everyone happy (Happily ever after), but rather a land of OPPORTUNITY where hard working people are needed and may possibly give a better life.

GOOD LUCK to everyone!

grace lapa

Sep 10, 2009
Hi, I'm already here in Canada. If I may give an unsolicited advice, it would be better for you to bring your twin sons with you when you land here in Canada, otherwise you can't file Child Tax Benefits for them. The Child Tax Benefits (around $300+ per child per month) can help in defraying monthly expenses in the first year while your settling. Another thing, we can't expect to immediately practice our desired profession in the first few months of our stay here in Canada. We have to maybe for a time just settle for survival jobs. There are however a lucky few who didn't experience what most immigrants experience in their first few months here in Canada. The important thing is that you will have the desire and determination to upgrade to Canadian standards (going back to school) to be able to practice whatever professions we have back in our home countries.

Yahoo India

Feb 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 2010
Doc's Request.
15-03-2010
AOR Received.
27-04-2010
IELTS Request
03-2010
File Transfer...
15-03-2010
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
As soon as I get Visa
Qorax, thanks a lot for this post and bringing up Josh's post again. Really it is very inspirational and surely would boost the morale of many of us.

Also thanks for the comparison between Dubai Vs Canada, I am in India and I can see the difference between India Vs Canada.

Thanks again to open our eyes and boosting our morale.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Yahoo India said:
Qorax, thanks a lot for this post and bringing up Josh's post again. Really it is very inspirational and surely would boost the morale of many of us.

Also thanks for the comparison between Dubai Vs Canada, I am in India and I can see the difference between India Vs Canada.

Thanks again to open our eyes and boosting our morale.
Appreciated, my dear friend!
Qorax

smiler 11

Mar 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/11/2010
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
.22/02/2011....
IELTS Request
submitted with app
File Transfer...
.....28/03/2011 approx
Med's Request
.....13/10/2011
Med's Done....
......02/12/2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
30/01/2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
asap ;0)
What a fab post. Josh,s hard times all paid of. It def takes a lot of determination to acheive what him and his family have acheived. The very best of luck to all. :)

lovebug

Aug 29, 2009
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
May 1st, 2009
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
August 26th, 2009
LANDED..........
June 11th, 2010
REALLY GOOD ONE !!

makes me feel sooooo goodl!! :D

Cheers!

qorax said:
Satish Bro,

Immigration to Canada is more than taking-up a job. There's a wholesome package waiting for u. Come what may, in a yr or two u'd be well settled here & would know the difference. I've yesterday posted the following, in another thread; read on for sanctity's sake...

Dubai Vs. Canada
Is the migration worth it?

-R u a citizen of the country where u presently live?
-Can u get the Nationality of that country, if u r an Expatriate?
-Can u stay/reside till "eternity" in that country?
-Can u do whatever u want there, even if it's not illegal?
-Can u buy a house "in a year" in that country?
-Even if u r less qualified or underemployed, can u think of buying a house?
-Will u get pension after your haytime is past in your current country?
-R u entitled to "unemployment insurance" there?
-Can your children be called First Country Citizens there?
-Can u vote & get to elect your representative at the senate (in 4 yrs.)?
-Would u get to meet your MP - for personal matters?
-Does your child receive Free Education now (& a good one at that)?
-Do u all receive Free Healthcare in that nation (& the best too)?
-Do u like to reside in Asia rather than North Americas?
-Do u believe in equality of man & get it there?
-R u treated at par there alongwith the nationals?
-Can u still hold your head high under dire straits?
-Does the Cop call u "Sir" even while u r being ticketed?
-Can u purchase 50% of your goods there at cheaper rates than here?
-Could u buy a good used Merc @ $12000? And a fairly new one @ $22K?
-Do u get your merchandize locally made or from EU/US, rather than China?
-Can u get homegrown foodstuff (& organic too), not imported?
-Can u be least bothered about landlords increasing your rents?
-Can u be assured about Minimum Wages there?
-Can u go into Collective Bargaining with your employer?
-How about being self-employed, w/out the hassle of owenership/sponsorship?
-Do u receive about $300-500/child as Free Allowance every month?
-If u get disabled (God Forbid), can u call the Public Bus to your home doorstep?
-Can u daily bike to "whispering meadows" & live healthier?
-Does your patio open to natural greenery, all around?
-Can u come to your home basement & catch the Subway, w/out leaving the bldg?
-Can u call the world over in $30/month, unlimited?
-If u r a single lady, will u be assured of safety & opportunities by your Govt?
-Can your wife be assured of Govtl. Support if u pass away (God Forbid) uninsured?

Uhh... I could go on, but u'd be bored & awed further...

If most answers to the above is "Yes"... Then stay on in Dubai.
If 50% of them is "No"... Then Welcome to Canada!

Qorax

Originally posted here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/dubai-applicants-lets-network-get-connected-t29519.1125.html

Reposted posted here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/comparison-between-uae-and-canada-t54240.0.html;msg441692

carl128

Jul 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2010 and received 08-09-2010; PER received 08-03-2011
AOR Received.
March 31, 2011
IELTS Request
Feb 25, 2011
File Transfer...
RBVO-April1, 2011
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
May 31, 2011
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Hopefully in 2011
grace lapa said:
Hi, I'm already here in Canada. If I may give an unsolicited advice, it would be better for you to bring your twin sons with you when you land here in Canada, otherwise you can't file Child Tax Benefits for them. The Child Tax Benefits (around $300+ per child per month) can help in defraying monthly expenses in the first year while your settling. Another thing, we can't expect to immediately practice our desired profession in the first few months of our stay here in Canada. We have to maybe for a time just settle for survival jobs. There are however a lucky few who didn't experience what most immigrants experience in their first few months here in Canada. The important thing is that you will have the desire and determination to upgrade to Canadian standards (going back to school) to be able to practice whatever professions we have back in our home countries.
Oh, thank you for the advise, plus the fact that we have to buy 6 airline tickets to go back and fort..well I still have alot of time to think about that.

sANJUBABA

Star Member
May 9, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
4131; COMPUTER INSTRUCTOR
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
JUNE 2010
Hi qorax,

how many chances of one to get VISA after CIC asking for clarification after interview.

plz share.

thx

lotus20

Apr 14, 2012
This was such a beautiful post - it made me laugh and cry at the same time. Th u Qorax and Josh.
Do unemployed PRs get allowance? :D

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
satish_lkb said:
Dear Qorax,

Thank you very much for sharing the experience of Josh. Really it was an eye opener for me and my wife. Just like Josh's wife, both me and my wife are from Banking Industry and working in Senior Manager Role. After 12 plus years of Indian experience, we moved to Middle East 3 years before and presently we are well settled here..

Like all new immigrants, we are also making several plans for our landing. To be honest, we are confused!! Whether both of us should resign or only wife should resign and after landing and initial formalities, I should come back for a couple of months time etc etc. If my wife will get a job in her line say 3-6 months time, I will also join them etc etc.....

But as you know and you have Middle East experience, it is not possible to leave kids here alone!! One thing is sure that both of us already mentally prepared to do any kind of survival jobs, even though my mind asking me again and again, how you will adjust with lower level jobs!!!

At the end of the day what you need a happy/peaceful life. Like the old maxim "For getting something you have to sacrifice something"!! So, for a better future for our kids and a better retired life etc etc.... we are ready to struggle....

We are researching for taking some Canadian qualifications!!! Immediately after after landing we will start studying to get local qualifications. At the same time will do some survival jobs as well. From our savings, we feel that we can have a small descent initial life there. Say after 1 year after getting local qualification and some local experience, we hope to get a job in our field..

Its good to hear the mistakes made by others, so that we will not do that.

Dear Qorax, if you feel to give any advise to us, please provide. ( We still confused whether both of us should resign from Middle East or not!!!)

Satish

Me and my wife came UK 6-7 year ago from India in same situation , and start fro
Call centre jobs (wife) and me at mcdonald and shared accomodation .
And in couple of year we able to get good jobs and mortage .

I think unless you had close relative there in Canada , every one has to start from basic jobs which people called here "Survival" job .
Btw 90% of asian doing same job in western country unless you got real genuene experience with degree earn with knowledge .
Also people who did MA, MCom , MSC with 40-50% please stop thinking themselve more qualified compare to canadian GCSE , in canada they just need real knowledge and qualification which is on tech or applied side.

I have realise that it will take us atleast 3-4 month to get our Qualification recognise in canada (if its regulated occupation plus atleast 500-600$ as fees) .

Last, no matter what type of management job exp you got in Asia , dont expect to manage Canadian people unless you can get 8 In Ielts Speaking (this not case with technicals jObs)