+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Joint application: does medical delay affect one applicant or both?

emrionio

Aug 1, 2022
Hi all. My partner and I applied for visas together, over twelve weeks ago (past estimated processing time for our country). He is applying for a study permit, and I’m applying for a SOWP. I had problems with the medical, which means my application is delayed and I’ll probably only be able to go in mid October. My question is – does this mean his application will continue to be processed, or does it delay that as well? It’s okay if I go after him, but he needs to get there in time for the start of his program (6 Sept.)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi all. My partner and I applied for visas together, over twelve weeks ago (past estimated processing time for our country). He is applying for a study permit, and I’m applying for a SOWP. I had problems with the medical, which means my application is delayed and I’ll probably only be able to go in mid October. My question is – does this mean his application will continue to be processed, or does it delay that as well? It’s okay if I go after him, but he needs to get there in time for the start of his program (6 Sept.)
Applications can be processed at different times so it is possible he may get a response before September and you get a response later.