+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Joint account with spouse

Sn33ze

Jul 11, 2015
The checking/savings account I hold at my bank has sufficient funds (more than 4 times the amount needed) but the account is held jointly with my spouse - in both our names. My spouse is applying for PR with me (I am the primary applicant)

Would CIC have a problem with this? Do I need to do anything such as obtain a gift letter from my spouse?

pakimom

Aug 5, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2017
I've sent the six month statements and FD letter from 2 different Banks with both our names on the Joint Account Statements. The amounts are significant; however,I haven't sent any clarification on the LOE about this or have ai sent in any declaration from my husband about using these funds....isn't it understood? We are both applying for PR so shouldn't this suffice? Kindly clarify if anyone knows.....Thanks.

pakimom

Aug 5, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2017
Dear Friends,

Could anyone let us know if we need to provide the declaration letter from spouse if we have a joint account? I've just sent in my application without any letter.....i have just sent Bank letters that show both our names as Account holders. Can Anyone who had experience with this please share... Thank you

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
pakimom said:
Dear Friends,

Could anyone let us know if we need to provide the declaration letter from spouse if we have a joint account? I've just sent in my application without any letter.....i have just sent Bank letters that show both our names as Account holders. Can Anyone who had experience with this please share... Thank you
Its good to get a declaration letter from your spouse that they are accompanying you in the application and have no issues with you using those funds..

pakimom

Aug 5, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2017
Thank you!

Ill raise a CSE and attach one....quick question - will I be able to attach documents to the CSE?