+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Jobs for an international dentist

Indranib

May 18, 2019
Hello.... This is Dr. Indrani Bhattacharya (B.D.S) from India. Iam a dental surgeon, looking forward to migrate and settle in Canada, and work there as a dentist in future. I don't have anyone there. I want to know how can I get a job there now so that I can get a work permit.? I would prefer to do something related to my profession like working as a dental assistant/nurse maybe, if possible..... Thank you...Regards.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello.... This is Dr. Indrani Bhattacharya (B.D.S) from India. Iam a dental surgeon, looking forward to migrate and settle in Canada, and work there as a dentist in future. I don't have anyone there. I want to know how can I get a job there now so that I can get a work permit.? I would prefer to do something related to my profession like working as a dental assistant/nurse maybe, if possible..... Thank you...Regards.
Definitely couldn't be a nurse unless you go back to school. Believe you may be able to work as a dental assistant in some provinces but not as a dental hygienist. Not sure whether there are many jobs available in that field. To get relicensed as a dental surgeon will likely require you to repeat the medical part of your education plus get relicensed as a dentist. Getting a spot in a dental surgeon residency will be almost impossible. There is a surplus of dentists in Canada. I would look at your lifestyle and prospects in Canada or other countries and reevaluate. I am sure many other countries would allow you to practice as a dental surgeon and you could have a very nice lifestyle.

Reactions: Indranib

Indranib

May 18, 2019
Definitely couldn't be a nurse unless you go back to school. Believe you may be able to work as a dental assistant in some provinces but not as a dental hygienist. Not sure whether there are many jobs available in that field. To get relicensed as a dental surgeon will likely require you to repeat the medical part of your education plus get relicensed as a dentist. Getting a spot in a dental surgeon residency will be almost impossible. There is a surplus of dentists in Canada. I would look at your lifestyle and prospects in Canada or other countries and reevaluate. I am sure many other countries would allow you to practice as a dental surgeon and you could have a very nice lifestyle.
Thank you so much for your advice. Actually which ever country I'll go, first I'll have to clear their respective licensing exams to practice. Apart from Canada, another option for me can be Australia. But iam preferring Canada, because I think it's better than Australia in some aspects. Although I know, there is a lot of saturation of dentists in Canada... just like India.... and it's really extremely cold for us Indians too..... Can you please tell me how can I get a work permit/job there...so that I can go there.?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you so much for your advice. Actually which ever country I'll go, first I'll have to clear their respective licensing exams to practice. Apart from Canada, another option for me can be Australia. But iam preferring Canada, because I think it's better than Australia in some aspects. Although I know, there is a lot of saturation of dentists in Canada... just like India.... and it's really extremely cold for us Indians too..... Can you please tell me how can I get a work permit/job there...so that I can go there.?
If you are a dental surgeon you will have to do way more than getting relicensed. You are unlikely to get a work permit because most companies are unwilling to pay and deal with the hassle. Only way would be to apply for PR. Have you investigated what opportunities you may have in Canada and what you can expect when it comes to lifestyle from actual Canadians that have arrived recently?

Indranib

May 18, 2019
If you are a dental surgeon you will have to do way more than getting relicensed. You are unlikely to get a work permit because most companies are unwilling to pay and deal with the hassle. Only way would be to apply for PR. Have you investigated what opportunities you may have in Canada and what you can expect when it comes to lifestyle from actual Canadians that have arrived recently?
Ok..I see....No I have not done that investigation yet. So, are you saying that I can't get a job of a dental assistant even there?....Actually our financial condition is not very good now. That's why I wanted to get a work permit, before going to Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Ok..I see....No I have not done that investigation yet. So, are you saying that I can't get a job of a dental assistant even there?....Actually our financial condition is not very good now. That's why I wanted to get a work permit, before going to Canada.
You definitely won't get a work permit to work as a dental assistant. You need to do your research before deciding to move to another country.. Moving to Canada is far from a financial windfall. You need to have decent saving to move to Canada to qualify for PR but you could struggle for many years.

Indranib

May 18, 2019
You definitely won't get a work permit to work as a dental assistant. You need to do your research before deciding to move to another country.. Moving to Canada is far from a financial windfall. You need to have decent saving to move to Canada to qualify for PR but you could struggle for many years.
Ok.... Thank you so much again!