+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Jobs after PR soft landing

Rayan75

Star Member
Dec 25, 2017
My plan is to soft land, finalise PR Card procedures at the airport (a friend of mine will mail it to me later)
travel back home & apply for Canadian jobs online as a permanent residence (resume, linkedin profile).

This is because, as most of us, I want to save money while hunting for jobs (living expense, rent, tax ..etc). I don't think the fund I have will cover my expenses (this is so risky and job offer could take months, years .... heard horror stories..).

Can't risk my own saving, need to survive on my own with little money on hand.
Far as I know, Canadian welfare social support doesn't cover much prior the first year.

Not sure if this plan has worked for anyone?
Anyone applied for jobs from overseas as a PR?

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
My plan is to soft land, finalise PR Card procedures at the airport (a friend of mine will mail it to me later)
travel back home & apply for Canadian jobs online as a permanent residence (resume, linkedin profile).

This is because, as most of us, I want to save money while hunting for jobs (living expense, rent, tax ..etc). I don't think the fund I have will cover my expenses (this is so risky and job offer could take months, years .... heard horror stories..).

Can't risk my own saving, need to survive on my own with little money on hand.
Far as I know, Canadian welfare social support doesn't cover much prior the first year.

Not sure if this plan has worked for anyone?
Anyone applied for jobs from overseas as a PR?
Some did secure a job but most didnt till they landed,your best bet is to survival jobs once you land

Jtahir

Star Member
May 21, 2017
I plan to land in July and I believe once you are there you are there do not look back consider this the start of your career keep your expenses to a minimum and first and foremost get a survival job.
So that your basic expenses are covered and you do not need to dig in to your savings, then start looking for a proper job and try and get a foot in the door even if you get a slightly junior position than the one you had before, as long as it’s in your field. Take things as they come sort out the basics.
More importantly do not be too hard on yourself sit back and absorb the whole change and the idea of a new life new opportunities and new challenges.

Reactions: qureishi