+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job verification, NOC Code - Help needed Asivad

canwan

Dec 28, 2014
Hi, my erstwhile employer gave me a brief summary of my work which tied somewhat with the NOC code. It was similat to the NOC code but could have been better. I supplemented that information with a separate letter from my manager with more information around what I did exactly and that ties it very well with the NOC code. The company letter is on the letterpad, the manager letter is not. Both have signatures and email addresses etc. I am wondering if that is an ok strategy?

Any thoughts would be welcome

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Job verification, NOC Code - Help needed

Not the best idea. If you submit both documents, the officer is likely to acknowledge only the one on the letterhead and ignore the other. Try notarizing the manager letter but even then it will not be considered 'official' in the presence of another reference letter on the letterhead.

It stands a chance of being considered relevant if you submit just the reference letter written by your manager (duly notarized of course) and NOT submit the other reference letter at all. Your call.

canwan

Dec 28, 2014
Hmm, unfortunately I have already submitted everything and my ECAS is in process with meds passed. Its been a month actually, the ECAS was udated a month ago I mean. Anything I could do now? I am not lying or anything like that. It is just that the HR wasn't comforable writing everything I did on a piece of paper.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nothing now. As I said earlier, it is very likely that the officer wouldn't consider your manager's letter at all. Or they might. CIC officers can be very arbitrary at the best of times so no guarantees there.

canwan

Dec 28, 2014
In the event that they don't and say deny the appplication, is there any recourse by way of an appeal?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canwan said:
In the event that they don't and say deny the appplication, is there any recourse by way of an appeal?
If not being credited with this experience alone is enough to get your application refused (because you fall short of program eligibility and/or CRS), you can try sending in a CSE but I suspect it wouldn't matter because CIC wouldn't accept any new evidence after refusing the application.

You should probably just not worry about it for now and let the process unfold at its own pace.