+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

job title in my current employment

jrohit18

Jul 27, 2018
i had a query regarding my job experience and education. which is as follows,I am an engineer ( diploma 3yrs + degree 3yrs) and unfortunately, due to the psu's dumb hr policy (in which i work currently) my job title is technician ( i got the job on the basis of diploma) in place of junior engineer. will i get a chance to apply for PR? my current job description is listed in NOC level B.

please help!!!

leannel

Jul 23, 2018
i had a query regarding my job experience and education. which is as follows,I am an engineer ( diploma 3yrs + degree 3yrs) and unfortunately, due to the psu's dumb hr policy (in which i work currently) my job title is technician ( i got the job on the basis of diploma) in place of junior engineer. will i get a chance to apply for PR? my current job description is listed in NOC level B.

please help!!!
You job title doesn't effect your invitation for PR... You need to calculate your CRS to know if you are eligible for getting an invitation to apply fro PR.. nothing to do with your job title. Although it might effects your points for CRS but it's not too big of a deal.

jrohit18

Jul 27, 2018
You job title doesn't effect your invitation for PR... You need to calculate your CRS to know if you are eligible for getting an invitation to apply fro PR.. nothing to do with your job title. Although it might effects your points for CRS but it's not too big of a deal.

But they count the points based on my work experience, right? What happens to that? Will they still count my work experience points as a technician despite of me having an engineering degree?

jrohit18

Jul 27, 2018
I already checked, and it is under NOC LEVEL B. and i have 5 years of work experience as a Mechanical engineering technician. Code is 2232.

What kind of supporting documents are demanded for that? Will my diploma and engineering degree be considered for that in any way? That why am i doing a technician’s job while having a engineering degree?

I can improve CRS score just by obtaining more bands at IELTS exam. That I’m trying on already.

jrohit18

Jul 27, 2018
The only thing I’m skeptical about is the work experience as it has a massive effect on the crs score.

leannel

Jul 23, 2018
I already checked, and it is under NOC LEVEL B. and i have 5 years of work experience as a Mechanical engineering technician. Code is 2232.

What kind of supporting documents are demanded for that? Will my diploma and engineering degree be considered for that in any way? That why am i doing a technician’s job while having a engineering degree?

I can improve CRS score just by obtaining more bands at IELTS exam. That I’m trying on already.
CIC cares about your education background as in whether you have a bachelor degree, master or doctor and they don't care if it's is in a Science or Arts or whatever, it weights the same so don't worry about it. They don't care why you have an engineer degree but working for a Category B job.

Reactions: jrohit18

jrohit18

Jul 27, 2018
i did some research into this and i found that i may be eligible for the option called "two or more certificates, degrees or diplomas out of which at least one should be 3 years long" as i have a diploma and degree which constitute of 2 different academic awards. if i get to have those points i will get 128 points for education and combining all my other CRS points, i get to have 462 points.

but it all depends on the ircc giving validation on my education certificates.

what are your thoughts? please let me know.