+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job Title in Express Entry

Race25

Feb 11, 2018
Hi

Can anyone tell me what is the noc code of quality lab technician? It is an internal position in my company and the roles and responsibility are not matching with anything on the noc website. When I type the title in the search area it shows me results from category B and C. I checked all of them but didn't found anything. The position is from manufacturing field. Is there anyone who is doing the same work?

aspirantEE

Mar 31, 2018
Hi,

What should I use in my case?

I am an accountant and for past years I was working with job duties as described per NOC 1111- Accountant. BUT.... This is regulated in Canada and it states that you must have Canadian accountancy qualification- which I don't have. So should I use this NOC code?

The jobs before that I was doing for another 3-4 year were as per duties description NOC 1311- accountant technician- I have WES accredited qualification to support this.

My question is- what NOC should I use for my last job? Title and job duties match, but I do not have Canadian qualification for that job. (In UK I was part qualified and there is no regulation)

Please help

Thank you
Hello - My NOC Code matches 2282, based on my role and responsibilities - it is a match.

However, none of the Job Titles in my Offer-Letters have any of the example job titles for # 2282.

The job-titles which I have are (Assc. s/w engineer, s/w engnr, senior s/w engnr, Technical Lead).

The titles in the Example List are:-
  • analyst, systems technical support
  • call centre agent - technical support
  • client support representative - systems
  • computer help desk representative - systems
  • computer help desk supervisor
  • hardware installation technician
  • hardware technical support analyst
  • help desk agent, technical
  • help desk analyst - systems
  • help desk supervisor, computer
  • help desk technical agent
  • help desk technician
  • installation technician, hardware
  • installation technician, software
  • PC (personal computer) support analyst
  • software installation technician
  • software technical support analyst
  • supervisor, technical support
  • systems support representative
  • systems technical support analyst
  • technical help desk agent
  • technical support analyst - systems
  • technical support supervisor
  • user support technician

Since my Job Title is a big mismatch to my Role & Duties, I need your help in identifying:-
1. should I go ahead and enter the Job Title as is there in my Offer Letter? Or I have to pick one from the example list?
2. I read LOE is mentioned above. What is the format of this letter? We have to present this letter at the time of ITA? In my case, is it needed?

emonpaul

Oct 12, 2019
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
Nomination.....
17-06-2020
AOR Received.
24-07-2020
Med's Done....
11-09-2020
Hello Group members, I am having an issue during my E-apr fill up. I have been doing job in the same organization for the last 10 years and there I have been holding 4 designations. During my EE profile filling up, in my work history section, I filled up 4 windows with 4 designations with duration. But after getting ITA, when I go to file upload section, I am getting 4 tabs work experience to upload documents though I have been working in same organization and all documents are same with 1 experience letter. In this situation, what should be done? Below are my job designations.

1. Probationary Officer
2. First Executive Officer
3. Executive Officer
4. Senior Executive Officer

I am under Noc code of 6235 and the job nature is Financial Services Officer.

Please help me in this regard.

TIA.

Kaur1984

Feb 14, 2021
While uploading my documents for post ITA I realized for my current job under 4163 as Noc business development officer I received the reference letter for my employer as Executive Officer but I by mistakenly mentioned business development officer in the job title. Would the effect my profile. Please suggest.
Hi Param_bir,

I'm in the same situation. Can you pls tell what u did?

chiragbatra

Nov 23, 2022
Hey, what did you do? I'm in the same situation and thinking of combining all promotions under one.

Hello Group members, I am having an issue during my E-apr fill up. I have been doing job in the same organization for the last 10 years and there I have been holding 4 designations. During my EE profile filling up, in my work history section, I filled up 4 windows with 4 designations with duration. But after getting ITA, when I go to file upload section, I am getting 4 tabs work experience to upload documents though I have been working in same organization and all documents are same with 1 experience letter. In this situation, what should be done? Below are my job designations.

1. Probationary Officer
2. First Executive Officer
3. Executive Officer
4. Senior Executive Officer

I am under Noc code of 6235 and the job nature is Financial Services Officer.

Please help me in this regard.

TIA.

Adnan_990

Star Member
Jan 10, 2024
While uploading my documents for post ITA I realized for my current job under 4163 as Noc business development officer I received the reference letter for my employer as Executive Officer but I by mistakenly mentioned business development officer in the job title. Would the effect my profile. Please suggest.
Hello, what happened with you, did they give you hard time or you got your pr already and now you are a citizen?