+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JOB TITLE diffrence in Paystub and Offer letter .

Simmys68

Dec 15, 2020
Hi
I started working as a Maintenance Purchaser and when i start getting my Paystub it shows MRO( Maintenance,Repair and operations) in the job title
Which is technically same thing but diffrent in Title so i am confuse what should i do in this case or only job responsibilities matter/ employment letter. ?

taradean

Apr 20, 2023
The job responsibilities and your employment letter are the most important factors in determining your role and responsibilities at work. The title on your paystub may not necessarily reflect the exact job title you were hired for, and it's common for titles to be slightly different in different contexts. As long as your job responsibilities and employment agreement accurately reflect your position as a Maintenance Purchaser, there's no need to be concerned about the title on your paystub. Home Bargains Portal Ted

Last edited:

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hi
I started working as a Maintenance Purchaser and when i start getting my Paystub it shows MRO( Maintenance,Repair and operations) in the job title
Which is technically same thing but diffrent in Title so i am confuse what should i do in this case or only job responsibilities matter/ employment letter. ?
I'd a different title in my pay stubs and employment letter. I didn't add any LOE (which is usually recommended), but I attached the email convo with my HR discussing the different titles in employment letter and pay stubs attached to the employment letter. As long as there's an explanation and an email for IRCC to reach out. My HR wrote in that email that IRCC can reach out to them for clarification and that different titles were just a payroll issue.

Simmys68

Dec 15, 2020
The job responsibilities and your employment letter are the most important factors in determining your role and responsibilities at work. The title on your paystub may not necessarily reflect the exact job title you were hired for, and it's common for titles to be slightly different in different contexts. As long as your job responsibilities and employment agreement accurately reflect your position as a Maintenance Purchaser, there's no need to be concerned about the title on your paystub.
Thank you

Simmys68

Dec 15, 2020
I'd a different title in my pay stubs and employment letter. I didn't add any LOE (which is usually recommended), but I attached the email convo with my HR discussing the different titles in employment letter and pay stubs attached to the employment letter. As long as there's an explanation and an email for IRCC to reach out. My HR wrote in that email that IRCC can reach out to them for clarification and that different titles were just a payroll issue.
Okay then i’ll also talk to my HR about this and suggest them. You did receive your PR without any problem after that right?

amitoje001

Aug 5, 2019
I already submitted my oinp and realised the job titles are different on pay stub and employment letter. What will happen

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
URGENT help.
Hi Everyone,
I have 2 job titles on my reference letter as Farm supervisor/office admin but on my paystubs I only have office admin as job title. As I worked through recruiting agency for 4 months, representative said we can't correct it, neither ready to provide any note.
Please advise what should I do ? What should I mention in letter of explanation.
But have the acknowledged over the email that your actual title was "Farm supervisor/office admin"? If so, just attach that email conversation along with your job reference letter.