+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job title different than actual work

Azmen

Sep 17, 2018
i am residing in dubai UAE. on my visa and employment contract i am an engineer, but I actually end up doing administrative work. My manager is flexible and can pretty much sign anything.

Therefore; should I have the visa title (which is an engineer) on my application but with the actual administrative duties?

Or Have administrative title and dutes?

Or Try to twist my duites to match up with the engineering title? (The last is hard to get, as I didn’t do actual engineering job)

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Thanks. What VO stands for?

Do they actually care if my current employment contract tilte differ than my application title ?
visa officer.
they only care about duties on the letter of employment and if they match the duties of the noc you claim.

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
i am residing in dubai UAE. on my visa and employment contract i am an engineer, but I actually end up doing administrative work. My manager is flexible and can pretty much sign anything.

Therefore; should I have the visa title (which is an engineer) on my application but with the actual administrative duties?

Or Have administrative title and dutes?

Or Try to twist my duites to match up with the engineering title? (The last is hard to get, as I didn’t do actual engineering job)
That’s pretty much everywhere like this in this region. Do not twist anything nor make the letter yourself. I m pretty sure that u have a set number of duties in your HR manual. Ask your manager to write those.

Azmen

Sep 17, 2018
That’s pretty much everywhere like this in this region. Do not twist anything nor make the letter yourself. I m pretty sure that u have a set number of duties in your HR manual. Ask your manager to write those.
There is no HR manual :(. So what if I wrote what I am actually doing and ask the manager to sign it? But my problem is with the title. Should the employment letter have the actual title of the work I am doing (i.e Administrative) or the title I have on my visa; Engineer?

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
There is no HR manual :(. So what if I wrote what I am actually doing and ask the manager to sign it? But my problem is with the title. Should the employment letter have the actual title of the work I am doing (i.e Administrative) or the title I have on my visa; Engineer?
First find out the NOC that matches with your administrative duties (check that online). Then you can ask your HR/Company/Manager to kindly change job letter so your job title to matches your actual duties. That way you don't have to lie or change anything.

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
The one on your job letter. Many people in uae have engineer visa but doing different jobs irrelevant to engineering